Hose lengh length preference???

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Hey,

Just wondering, if you were getting 200' of sol/vac hose how would you break it down? What lengths to make the 200' total?

Thermoplastic(parker) seems like a good idea, is cost the main reason people don't run it(parker) all the way to van?

Thanks everyone!

Bob Foster

My choice is lead hose of 100 with a 50 followed by a 50 followed by 100 in Parker Paraflex.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It depends.
If working a lot with a portable I'd do the first a 50 as you can use that hose for the portable.
Otherwise I'd use a 75 feet as my lead (more manageable than the 100)and add 50 sections as needed.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I get all my pressure hose cut to 60 feet, because it always seems to be a couple feet short with the fiftys. Vac is kinda standard at 50 foot.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jcooper said:
Thermoplastic(parker) seems like a good idea, is cost the main reason people don't run it(parker) all the way to van?

who knows why people use that hot, heavy , instant burst failure prone , black water spewing Inneptune crAp

our lead solution line is 80ft..cause that gets us to the appx 63.85% of the jobs.
Then a 50, then 100
the addition 50ft covers 90% of our jobs.
when we need more than 130ft, we drop the fifty ('cept for the rare occasion we need more than 180ft)

Your average runs may be different .
if you find you need 100ft for the majority of your jobs, make your first length 100ft
If 75ft gets it on the majority, make it that and put 50ft on the reel behind it and 75 behind that

there's really no right or wrong answer, Coop.
cause it should be tailored to each individual's "average" runs

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
2 reels each holding..200 continuous feet of solution hose..

for the vacuum hose it is..2..50 foot lengths of 2 inch and 3
25 foot lengths of 2.5 and then under all that is about another 250 feet of 2 inch...

lance

If you don't want a QD on the floor inside the home then make the first line 120 feet or so. You'll have enough so you won't have to stretch it around corners and an extra 30 or 40 feet will only take away alittle heat from the the rinse solution.

John Watson

We have a 30' flexible 2" hooked to our standard 50' Vac hoses, Total of 180 ft on reel. Pressure hose we use the blue high heat that we get from Jon=Don for the first 50 feet, then wehook up to the black plastic stuff. Total 200 ft.

I would prefer a 75' lead pressure so no QD's in home on most jobs.

We carry in the first sections to avoid bringing in drag up stuff from the van to the house.

Ron K

We use 50'. QDs in home too! It makes you Look and Think before you just pull....besides the vac hose comes in fifty's any way why not just
have them match. We still have a hose from 1993 1/2 Goodyear bought from Ralph Bloss. But we just use it outside on long runs. Although
most jobs use 100' I'd say 10% require more.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
50 feet 2.5", 25 feet 2", five 50' behind that. 4X100' Parflex.

Waz thinkin that with external cuffs (I use Flash-Cuffs), all 25' sections would be more convenient. You would have the right length without tripping over unnecessary hose. Might chop mine up some more.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I run a 100 ft parker then 2 50's behind it. if I had my choice I would run a 110 or maybe even a 125 front hose then 55 footers after that because the solution hose always seems to end up shorter than the vac hose.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I run 120ft of Parker lead solution hose, with 2 100' lengths of Tornado. If I have to do a long run, I run the Parker off the truck first as it loses the least heat. Its the lead hose since its safer to use, smoother, doesn't get as hot, and 120ft will get me into 90% of my work. ALL hoses get in knots, and I've many less sets of quick connects to worry about. At 15flow I don't lose that much heat from an extra 50'.

For vacuum I've a 50' lead of 2" superflex, stays coiled in the truck (with a Maker hose strap) and I carry that in. Then 250' of 2.5" on the reel. First length is 50', then 25', then 50', then 25', then 2 50' lengths, with swivel Cool cuffs.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Our TM's come standard with:

50 ft. of 275° F smooth cover blue wire braid;

100 ft. of 235° F Parker thermoplastic low heat-loss hose.

We have both in reels for any special lengths required.

Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
75' of Parker, 50ft sections of Neptune..

Vac. 50ft 2", 100' 2.5", 50' 2".

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I always ran my first run at 75' and then 50's after that.

I didn't want qds in the home if possible so the 75'er made it at least to a little past the front door on most of the jobs and then 50 to the truck was common with some slack.

Lisa, you poor poor girl. !gotcha!

Name
I'm Rick James
If you guys have QD's in the house, you should get the sleeve from Jon Don that will cover it so you dont have to worry about them causing any damage. Plus it will protect the flooring from the heat of the QD's. I couuldnt find it on their site, I bought mine from a local Jon Don and paid ten bucks for it. Its a must have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom