Hoss 700 feedback.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Those of you that had the Hoss 700 for a while:
1) Are you happy with it?
2) In what situations does it excel and where is it not that good?
3) Due to rotary action, is there a fuzzing issue with it on say wool Berber or wool in general (fuzzing)? Frieze?
4) How is it holding up?
5) Does it need a lot of maintenance?
6) Anything I am missing that you'd like to add?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Those of you that had the Hoss 700 for a while:
1) Are you happy with it?
2) In what situations does it excel and where is it not that good?
3) Due to rotary action, is there a fuzzing issue with it on say wool Berber or wool in general (fuzzing)? Frieze?
4) How is it holding up?
5) Does it need a lot of maintenance?
6) Anything I am missing that you'd like to add?

you can pretty much do a search and figure out what I think about this machine....but to answer your questions more direct....

the only problem that I have had since I have owned this machine was on a CGD....the concrete under it was so wavy and pitted the machine would just not plant itself...I could not even get my wand to set that well.

never had a fuzzing issue that gave me any problems or concerns....

Built like the RX..the thing is a tank....not sure if that feed tube problem was fixed....they replaced the see thru housing with the blue one...( more chemical friendly if I remember correct )....but the feed tube had a weak spot right where it screwed in....so far since I went to the blue housing I have not broken another one..but I am also more careful with it knowing it may be weak......(?).

no maintenance needed.....the newer style has a grease fitting that you can shoot some grease in now and then......I have never had a single jet bar clog since I have had one..they use a really fine mesh filter.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
The more and more I hear about this machine Im going to have to get one. Martin, Eckman and Boyle all say good things about this machine. They watch out for what to buy and what to stay away from. They know the game and the biz. Im all in.

Golden Boy

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank for the reply Jim. Yes, I am familiar with your opinion of the Hoss, yet I respect it.
Hoss 700 being a rotary, any issues with blooming on low heat set carpets?

Also, anybody else that's been using the machine for a while?

Mikey P

Administrator
1) Are you happy with it?-Very, especially with the new upgrades.
2) In what situations does it excel and where is it not that good? Filthy fluffy carpet. Not filthy carpet.
3) Due to rotary action, is there a fuzzing issue with it on say wool Berber or wool in general (fuzzing)? Frieze?. Only used it on wool once, trashed Chinese pos. No fuzzing that I've noticed.
4) How is it holding up?a few small paint ships on engine cap. one broken spray bar.
5) Does it need a lot of maintenance? just wash off the bottom plate. new gear box has a zerk fitting.
6) Anything I am missing that you'd like to add? if you clean filthy carpet once in a while, you'll love it. If you only clean for Royalty, don't bother.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thank for the reply Jim. Yes, I am familiar with your opinion of the Hoss, yet I respect it.
Hoss 700 being a rotary, any issues with blooming on low heat set carpets?

Also, anybody else that's been using the machine for a while?

nope...no blooming........

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Talked with a supplier about the Hoss 700.
Seems like there is an issue about the metal pipes holding the "jets" (yes, I know these are not jets.) According to the feedback from cleaners these bars seem to break every once in a while.
Is that a common issue?
Also, is SS addressing this issue?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Talked with a supplier about the Hoss 700.
Seems like there is an issue about the metal pipes holding the "jets" (yes, I know these are not jets.) According to the feedback from cleaners these bars seem to break every once in a while.
Is that a common issue?
Also, is SS addressing this issue?

I pound the hell out of mine...everyday and every job...and I have never broken a spray bar on either one of them.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Is the zerk grease fitting the only lubrication for the gearbox?

sorry I miss this....bearing.....(?)

PA200792.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom