Host is the real champ of MF!

Name
Deborah Lema
Derek said:
my question is this, might the left over corn spongie things actually continue to "clean" as they are walked on? grabbing soil and then being slowly plucked up in future vacuumings?

Debbie?

thanx --- Derek.

If the ambient humidity is very low, then not really. Think about stepping on a dry normal sponge on the floor. It's not actively cleaning, but it's keeping the floor from getting that much more dirty. Water is need to activate the wicking into the sponges. So if the humidity is up, then yes there would be a little action going on; however, I'm not suggesting to raise the humidity! Too much moisture though and the absorptive wicking can't proceed properly. Short answer: no.

Regards,
Debbie

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
is that c3po and a Liberator in your avatar?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
that's cute...even to a trekkie.

thanx --- Derek.

Jose Smith

Mike,

A GLS will work fine. I use absorbent compound (HOST, Capture, etc.) from time to time.

By the way, the GLS is Millicare's tool of choice. But they call it the "Millicare 2000"

Jose Smith

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
My experience with Host

We used to use Host when we cleaned Payless Shoe Stores. We cleaned the stores while they were open. Talk about a pain in the butt. That was pre-encap for us. We tried everything, including Host. The Host did OK, but it had limitations. One limitation was that it was EXTREMELY expensive. The sponges ain't cheap, especially when you're doing a large area. The sponges would bounce everywhere as we ran the Host machine (including into the ope shoe boxes). The carpets became LOADED with sponges that could not be recovered from the backing of the carpet. Once the sponges impact the backing of the carpet, they never come out. Before too long the district manager insisted that we use a different cleaning method. And at that point I was happy to oblige him since the Host really was NOT performing well for us and it wasn't practical. Host was one of the MANY methods that I tried before discovering the encap system. I spent close to 20 years banging my head against the wall trying everything in the industry to clean CGD carpets. Low moisture methods worked best. Host has some merit to it. But I could never get it to work in a serious day-in day-out setting.

The Preacher

RICKY G

you shoulda called JiMMy, he knows a thing or two about Corn Cobs and could have schooled you on the Host method!!!

G

Subtle slam?

I think not, it was more RUDE than anything else. But then I have good faith in Debbie to come back and BICH slap his arse.

Some things work good for some, other things work better for others.

then lets put a twist on it some more!

Some products work good for certain things and other things work better for other things.

Have I used Host? Have I used Release It? Have I used a Vortex, a Rug Doctor, or a Bissel?

Wow..... thats all I can say.

Type is stronger than verbal words. Remember that.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Rick's post is a perfect example of the infighting within the VLM industry that Scott is talking about over on ICS. There was simply no reason for Rick to say the things he did. While I suspect Rick's words are true, it is simply tasteless for HIM to say them. As a competitor, you really should show more class, Rick.

Rambo

All I can say to Rick is; The Rench brothers are NEVER going to invite you to play golf at the Racine Country Club with them :p

Name
Deborah Lema
Jimmy James said:
Subtle slam?

I think not, it was more RUDE than anything else. But then I have good faith in Debbie to come back and BICH slap his arse.
Some things work good for some, other things work better for others.
then lets put a twist on it some more!
Some products work good for certain things and other things work better for other things.
Have I used Host? Have I used Release It? Have I used a Vortex, a Rug Doctor, or a Bissel?
Wow..... thats all I can say.
Type is stronger than verbal words. Remember that.

*shrug* HOST is unusual. We know it and embrace it. And we've been attacked because of it for 50 years. Mostly we just quietly go about our business, so I'm sorry to disappoint you with my lack of slapping. I do agree with you though: some things work in some places when others work less, or when one person is working versus another.

I personally would do an AWFUL job HWE-ing a carpet.

Two things I will say though:
If you've used HOST in the past, and were frustrated with it, perhaps you should try the current formulation.
And yes, some find the sponges more expensive than what they may be using. It is not a low-end product.

Regards,
Debbie

Rambo

Debbie says; It's not a low end product. You have got to love that line. She is one of the sharpest gals to post on these boards in a while.

G

*shrug* HOST is unusual. We know it and embrace it. And we've been attacked because of it for 50 years. Mostly we just quietly go about our business, so I'm sorry to disappoint you with my lack of slapping.

But then Host did find a good use for the Ladawig family left overs of Cobbs and made a good thing for themselves.

JJ

Fon Johnson

Host works. It works quite well in many applications. I'm a die hard tm guy, but I like many tools in the tool box. Host has been in mine for several years. Of course, I'm still new at this cc thing.. only been about 29 years since the old dual brush shampooer and the ole rinse'n vac.

I have not used the new formulation of Host, maybe debbie will send me about a 20 lb sample.. :lol:

Now that I think of it.. I can't find my spot zapper! Who is the distributor for this area??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Regarding Rick's comment on this thread.
I'll use his own words from a whiny crying thread he started on ICS

"And I think that anyone who reads this ......objectively (reads between the lines) can see that the information is little more than a self serving advertisement."

..L.T.A.

Scott

Fon Johnson said:
Host works. It works quite well in many applications. I'm a die hard tm guy, but I like many tools in the tool box. Host has been in mine for several years. Of course, I'm still new at this cc thing.. only been about 29 years since the old dual brush shampooer and the ole rinse'n vac.

I have not used the new formulation of Host, maybe debbie will send me about a 20 lb sample.. :lol:

Now that I think of it.. I can't find my spot zapper! Who is the distributor for this area??

^^^^^^^^LOL!^^^^^^^^

Back atchya bud. That was a great line.

Scott

Scott

green research said:
Rambo said:
Debbie says; It's not a low end product. You have got to love that line.

I wasn't trying to be snarky...

Regards,
Debbie

Teehee!

I'm teeheeing in a normal, non-Danny sort of way.

Nice job, Deb.

Scott

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Snarky is a good thing. There are no rules about being snarky:
The purpose of this carpet cleaning community bulletin board is, first and foremost, knowledge.
The insights, lessons and skills that can be learned from a “Boardâ€ÂÂ

Name
Deborah Lema
Jeremy said:
Snarky is a good thing. There are no rules about being snarky. Just don't threaten to burn down anyone house & you'll be fine. Don't be afraid to ruffle a feather or two. Let us know how you really feel.

Okay no arson threats, check. :)

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Deborah Lema
steve frasier said:
Snarky is a good thing. There are no rules about being snarky. unless they happen to piss off Mikey

Okay, so no arson threats unless it's Mikey's idea. Gotcha.

Sidebar, Steve: am I the only one that doesn't know what your avatar is?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom