host

glenboy

Name
GLEN
had a dry carpet cleaner insult the hell out of my cleaning process,he uses host.sounds like a truckmount is to costly for him.really a broom and powder.i bet that clogs the heck out of your vac filter thathurts.does any one on this board want to tell me that this ass clown and his powder does not and cannot compare to a TM steam cleaning. i offered to compare by taking him to a nasty ass crack head trailer pk where i do the moveouts.or clean a ratty azz microfiber sofa and compare.he can talk all the shit he wants.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I started out 17 years ago using HOST, this process can not compare to what you do!
The cost of material to clean a trashed carpet with HOST makes the whole process unprofitable. If I had to go back to HOST I would quit the business and work at Home depot or something. I do like using my host machine for agitating my prespray.
I attended the HOST school in Racine and they spend a lot of time bashing HWE, I mean alot!!!! I walked out of that class thinking HOST was the bomb and only a fool would have their carpet cleaned with HWE. Once I got out in the market I quickly realized its flaws and now I own three truckmounts.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It can work BUT it's slow, expensive and lacks the professional image (homeower can rent the same machine).

We use it here in our shop for Sisal rugs, it does ok with them.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
It DEFINITELY has it's place in some circumstances. It can and does work very well, especially for commercial carpet. The machine is a great scrubber/vacuum too.

The only thing I didn't like is following a Host cleaner. There is always some product left in the carpet and when you HWE over it, the product you suck up turns to Jell-o all over the filters and in the waste tank.

They had one of the best in our industry on their team with Debbie Lema, but my understanding is they didn't appreciate her.

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Decided to get rid of mine after finding out the cost of the brushes down under. :shock: :x

2007_1127Host0001.jpg

Shorty.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
you guys are the bomb,thank you all for helping my soul.i wanted to strangle this guy when he started bashing my system,he keeps telling me he does all high end homes,thats because that deal wont clean anything else :evil: :evil:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
glenboy said:
you guys are the bomb,thank you all for helping my soul.i wanted to strangle this guy when he started bashing my system,he keeps telling me he does all high end homes,thats because that deal wont clean anything else :evil: :evil:

Bingo....The guy may be an ass or just broke and trying to make some money.
You're right that the higher end it easier to clean and using host would be counter productive in the nasties where the TM shines.

The TM also shines on the high ends and everywhere else...But I'm sure he wouldn't care.

BUT, at least he's trying to run a business and make it work...Too bad he's really ruining relationships (you) that he could really utilize at some point.

Don't take him too seriously....He is very insecure for bashing your process...The very act of bashing shows low worth of not only his workmanship but of his character.

Sideways to the next one.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
As Lisa said, their sponges plug up the filter

From a prevac point of view, it can take twice as long to vacuum a carpet that had that junk worked into it. They get it worked in but they don't work it out.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
glenboy said:
had a dry carpet cleaner insult the hell out of my cleaning process,he uses host.sounds like a truckmount is to costly for him.really a broom and powder.i bet that clogs the heck out of your vac filter thathurts.does any one on this board want to tell me that this ass clown and his powder does not and cannot compare to a TM steam cleaning. i offered to compare by taking him to a nasty ass crack head trailer pk where i do the moveouts.or clean a ratty azz microfiber sofa and compare.he can talk all the shit he wants.

Ask him if he would wear clothes cleaned with his powder. Way to many people buy into this sorry excuse for carpet cleaning.
I tried one once on an area rug at my house and the only positive thing I can say is it smelled good. I also got a call once about some kind of powder coming from the carpet, went thinking it was dried latex from the backing. Wrong it was powder from one those cleanings only way to get it out was a good thorough wash and rinse with my TM.

That's why they got their britches in a wad over CRI when they couldn't get a rating.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have cleaned up after this cleaning process ( if you can call it that ) at a new clients home recently. There was a build up around edges and such. The traffic ares were horrible! These folks were so happy with our cleaning and even left us a great review while talking about there displeasure with the dry cleaning prior to using our truck mounted service.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
thank u all! @ brian,thank you for the good words,ironically he is dating my sister in law,knows a bunch of lawyers and is a washed up heating and cooling guy with a earring and a know it all attitude.my wife told me she did not want me around him just from her initial meet with him,she knew he would ruffle my feathers about cleaning because he gave her the same bullshit story when she met him !dork! !dork!

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Show him a carpet warranty. No magic dust, oxy crap or diaper cleaning. HWE is what the company says to clean the carpet. Print a copy from a website and send it to him.
When people ask me about other methods I tell them they can look up any carpet warranty and see what it says.

John Watson

some of you dip wads need to look back to MF 3or4 when we did the roller rink...Host looked better than all the other methods. There was a chem dry with an rx20, a rugdoctor, a haruby, A vortex using prevac,prescrub with a 175 and rinse. A white Magic with a drag wand. Yes the next day the host look best..... Its slower, high cost and I bet I could outclean some of you whipersnappers usinf those ground up corn cobs. It is a viable method and has better IAQ ratings than the stuff most cleaners use. Come on guys quit pissing in the wind and use a full tool box.

and yes those screaming little machines make ideal prescrubbers...to work our presprays in before we rinse.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But John didn't that guys spend several hours on his section compared to minutes from the other methods? I mean several hours, it better be cleaner. :shock:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ron Werner said:

From a prevac point of view, it can take twice as long to vacuum a carpet that had that junk worked into it. They get it worked in but they don't work it out.

Ron....it's got to be a nightmare for you to walk into a home that has been Hosted!! Would that be a 2-day pre-vac job??

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
truckmount girl said:
It DEFINITELY has it's place in some circumstances. It can and does work very well, especially for commercial carpet. The machine is a great scrubber/vacuum too.

The only thing I didn't like is following a Host cleaner. There is always some product left in the carpet and when you HWE over it, the product you suck up turns to Jell-o all over the filters and in the waste tank.

They had one of the best in our industry on their team with Debbie Lema, but my understanding is they didn't appreciate her.

Take care,
Lisa

I collapsed two blower filters on my first TM, a MasterMatic, following a Host cleaned school hallway. I didn't realize what was in the carpet and the damage it would do to my TM.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Brian R said:
So do you spray and suck your clothes clean?

No they are washed and rinsed.

You don't use Host what did you say something like that for anyway?
If you have been paying attention in some other threads I have actually defended your method of cleaning, I know about it because when I first started in this business 20 yr.s ago that is what I was doing. I have also said that the #1 cleaner in my area is a Host guy, that doesn't mean he's the best he markets his service very effectively. I have experimented with it and just wouldn't want it being used in my house.

Just my opinion until Obama says I can't have one of those anymore. LOL

BTW have you got your free BMW yet?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It was nothing against you... I just think that analogy doesn't work. You don't clean your carpet with a washing machine either etc etc etc.

Good lord, I wouldn't want a BMW....But if I did, I assure you that I would have at least one by now. !gotcha!

I'm happy with the money I get every month instead.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
rwcarpet said:
Ron Werner said:

Ron....it's got to be a nightmare for you to walk into a home that has been Hosted!! Would that be a 2-day pre-vac job??
There was one job I got to late in the day, a "simple" 2 room vacant. Yeah, simple, until I started to prevac. The HOST crap that came out just wouldn't quit. I was already tired from the day so I came back the next day. Took about an hour per room!

Fred H

Grind Saw Dust into my carpet to clean it? you have to be kidding! :lol:

I cut my carpet cleaning teeth on HOST, back in the 1980's when it still had 111 trichloro in it.
We were called Carpet Dry Cleaners and on the side of the van it said No Rug shrinkage, No Mildew, No Water Damage No Split Seams. It would take two guys all day to do one medium sized home. I did have a clientele that preferred the dry cleaning. Our secret was to bonnet clean the carpet before applying HOST, this would make the carpet much cleaner than HOST alone. I continued to use HOST through the 1990s, it got a good review in consumer reports that stimulated sales, but when the manufacturer warranties started mentioning hot water extraction I began to think of getting a truck mount, which I eventually did,, in 1998. I parked my rusty old host machines and eventually disposed of them in the dumpster, stupid, huh? I could have sold them on ebay. Wish I had one now to encap tight spots that the cimex won't reach

We would even use HOST to clean velvet upholstery, I got to revisit a sofa that I HOSTED in the early 90's last year, I found HOST when prevacuuming that was left over from that first cleaning. This time I encapped that sofa using releasit and microfiber hand bonnets, it looked great the customer even called to comment on how nice it cleaned up

Oh by the way I am still proud to be a Host School Certified Stain Resist Cleaning Technician.

John Watson

Jules said:
But John didn't that guys spend several hours on his section compared to minutes from the other methods? I mean several hours, it better be cleaner. :shock:

I believe Dameon spent about the same amount of time doing his seven steps, and before nasty comebacks he did ith entry. the reason host seem to take longer was the Wannabees and The Great Waldo Peckerhead couldent belive their own lying eyes. Kenny even did a better Snow job with the rug docter...

[quote Fred H] Oh by the way I am still proud to be a Host School Certified Stain Resist Cleaning Technician. [/quote]

I use to say i was from the class of 113, but that Debby girl come back and corrected me... it was the class of 114 an she showed my photo frm 82. Ol Fritz Rench aslo besides the Grad dinner took this here Alaska boy to the doubble header Brewers against the White Socks. First BB game I ever went to. They went above and beyond for meand my crew of 4 that attendid the game..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom