Hotels

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Hey guys I have to bid the Curry Inn tomorrow and haven't bid a hotel before. I hear a few guys say between $ 10 - 20 per room. Thoughts?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dan how long do you think it will take you to clean that room? 5-10 minutes? What is the lowest you can make an hour and still make it worth your while. Divide that number by 60 minutes and you know what you should be per minute and multiply that by how many minutes each room will take. You can also factor in setup & tear down or just write it off as the cost of the job.

I've heard of them going for $7.00-$8.00 around here. :eekk:

Although $8.00 x 12 (5-minutes per room ) =$96.00 hour but you'll be hustling and if they don't keep them in a block of rooms like they told you they would, you'll be setting up and tearing down several times. That's non production time that will kill you.

Reactions: Soxpac

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I'd like to stay in the $75 to $100 range per hour. These folks are notorious for being cheap. I was going to tell them to try and keep it in a block at a time. I'm hoping to do no less than 10 - 15 at a time.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I've never dealt with them at all. I hate making my bones! I'm gonna bid it at seven per as long as they block ten or more. If I have to run all over, that will be different .

Reactions: GCCLee

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I get $10 a room for spot cleaning.:biggrin: Most times it is 10 - 20 rooms at a time. I cannot disclose my room rate due to privacy issues.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
LOL My pricing example wouldn't be an example you can use. I am a VLM cleaner. If you are a wet cleaner you should use wet cleaners examples.:biggrin:

Last edited:

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
There is a reason they are trying to contract some one new. Who did they use before you? Most likely they were promised blocks of rooms, were told they would meet their min. and prompt payment in exchange for a rock bottom price. guess what, the hotel failed to keep up their end of the deal and the last guy wont come back because he has prob not been paid. I hate those kind of jobs, Chinese rest. too lol.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
why do the noobs alway go for the Patels and HoChins.....
you are a bad man....a very very bad man.........PLUS you'll never get paid.......much......if at all!

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I'm going for everyone I can at this point. I'm not a big company like some of you. I have to do whatever I can do for now. Once I get busier with other clients ill drop the Curry Inns believe you me. So I guess to answer your question it would be because we have to.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I feel ya brother!

Keep an eye out for those 5-10 unit complexes, they ain't all owned by big companys.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
$7 per room sounds like you are giving it away. 10 hotel rooms for $70 bucks?! Maybe I'm getting old but I'd be at twice that.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Maybe there's something extra to offer to set you apart? Maybe a good deal on protector could make both of you happy? I know it's a long shot...Sometimes i think its better to let the other guys have the hotels who squabble over a couple bucks per room without paying any attention to quality or service. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
set your terms in writing up front and GET a work order signed before you start working. Make sure you get paid as you finish your day and make sure they understand the deal. If you are going to give them a good price then they will go along. You can tell them that this is the only way you can keep your prices down. if they insist Offer them the option to set up an account with your "office accountant" and that they need to fill out a credit app. this way you can get all the info you will need when you have to sue or file a lien on their property for non payment.

Reactions: Russ T.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
amazing what a formal mech. lien does when they owe you money. I have filed several and have a 99% success rate.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I'm trying to go all commercial (incl apts) so I guess this was a foot in the door. I got it by the way. Minimum 15 rooms plus they own 4 other hotels. All in writing and paid daily.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
set your terms in writing up front and GET a work order signed before you start working. Make sure you get paid as you finish your day and make sure they understand the deal. If you are going to give them a good price then they will go along. You can tell them that this is the only way you can keep your prices down. if they insist Offer them the option to set up an account with your "office accountant" and that they need to fill out a credit app. this way you can get all the info you will need when you have to sue or file a lien on their property for non payment.

This goes for work done for "slumlords" too. College housing landlords are to be dealt firmly with :)

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Sometimes I think these cheap asses feed on the idea that everyone one wants to get their foot in their door and is willing to break the ice with these unreallalisticaly low prices. Then they just milk you for as long as they can and when the day comes they just do it all over again to the next poor sap that comes along and has illusions of grandur in his eyes.. They know you will not be their for long but they will play you for what it is worth. I will give you food for thought and if I were you I would give them $7.00 worth of value for every room you clean and not one cent more. In other words give them only what they are paying for and do not go out of your way to impress them because no matter what at them prices you could not even spend the time it would take to take a good shit. Play the player.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom