Hotsy System. Can I use this??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
This may be available to me at little to no cost.

It was installed at local ARL (Animal Rescue League). She said it worked only for a short time and they were not interested in repairing anything. Not sure if what problems were.

Place has wall plug ins around. Looks like they maybe hooked up pressure guns and hoses??

Can I use this in particular the heating system??

Excuse my ignorance but large tank looks vented and hooked up to gas?? That is heating system??

Can it be hooked up to truckmount, slide in preferably or made into porty heating system like Little Giant makes.

Didn't try to analyze the rest of it. Looks like belt system and pump??

Any idea what heating capability would be? BTU? Or size??

Thanks for the help!!!!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
http://hotsy.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Cid=567

The burner in particular would be what you are interested in. The pump may be electric (Is that indoors?), so not sure if that would be of use to you on the road. You would have to convert the burner from natural gas to LP or oil fired. I'm not sure what that would take, or if it would be worth it, but I would grab it fo' shure.

Looks like an older version of this model..........

http://hotsy.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Cid=567

See 900 series and 1400 series.

Last edited:

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Thanks for reply.

I've got a pretty cheap, reliable HVAC guy in town that could help me un hook it or buddy one of mine specializes in boiler and heating rooms at local Meat packing plant.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hotsy is a top of the line commercial/contractor grade heated pressure washer .
if broke, you shouldn't have trouble finding parts

should be little trouble for someone familiar with TMs and pressure washers to plumb the burner into a TM .
TMs are essentially the same as pressure washers minus the vac blower

..l.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You might look up your local hotsy distributor. They would have it fixed in no time a would probably be happy to trade you for a burner that would work better for truckmount cleaning (LP or kerosene). I’m sure a hotsy burner would work great for heating solution but it would take some minor modifications. The standard thermostat will not get hot enough and it will likely need another flow switch.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Ok..I'll have to try and get it out first..we have Hotsy distributor somewhat close..they always seemed confused when working on my US Products Solus..they are distributor for US Products and might not be much help...I will have to call and ask!!!..Can anybody email or post a pic on how your heating system connects to your truck mount????

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Hotsy is a top of the line commercial/contractor grade heated pressure washer .
if broke, you shouldn't have trouble finding parts

should be little trouble for someone familiar with TMs and pressure washers to plumb the burner into a TM .
TMs are essentially the same as pressure washers minus the vac blower

..l.T.A.
Larry i have been looking into using a powerwash unit like the hotsy for t/m application for a couple of years now.I have used many hotsy units when i worked in the oil feild and am very familiar with them. However the unit i find to be much higher quality are from www.sioux.com much more expensive and are truly custom made for the application at hand.
What is the reason that these self contained units are not commonly used for t/m applications ?

Thanks
Mardie

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Depending on the voltage you could likely use the pump and motor. Just put a cord on a cord reel. For that matter you could even mount a vac or 2 on top of a waste take and end up with a low cost, dependable,firebreathing, electric unit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hotsey makes a good unit, we have one similar to the unit shown. Its run almost daily as our car wash, nearly problem free for 12 years. We recently replaced the coil and a switch and she is back at it. As far as conversion ACE is right other models might be an easier project, we used to have a diesel fuel model that was portable for onlocation work and it would have made an easier conversion.

If it were me I'd just buy a used TM and repair or replace it to new. It will save you all the time of conversion and reinventing.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Any idea would time would be to modify and or take it out of where its at??....

How can I test it know if anything major is wrong with it???...I'm not familiar with LP or any heating system really but electric heaters.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I am assuming it is connected to NG (natural gas) inside that building. If so, you'll need to change the pilot orifice to LP. The burner jets don't need to be changed.

The electric motor on the unit pictured is probably 220V. That may be difficult to adapt to a truckmount, but the heater itself should work with any truckmount, as long as the flow switch will trigger with at least 1.0 GPM flow.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What is the reason that these self contained units are not commonly used for t/m applications ?

Thanks
Mardie

likely cause they're not practical or needed for TMs, Mardie

2 GPM flow and less is the norm for TMs
Pressure washers operate at much higher flow and PSI in general

..l.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I use a northstar diesal heater that is very simular. You may need to put a flow switch on that will light the burner under lighter water flow for carpet cleaning

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
So...specs on heating system r...350,000 btu...3000 psi...4 gpm...hooked up to natural gas now...nozzle 4.5...24a 60 hz 3 phase...system is 10 years old used for barely 5...not sure of problems...dont know if its all hooked up so i can run and see if heating system holds...Hotsy said new its 6-7 grand..used and reconditioned 3-4...i would most likely do small cash donation then do hefty coupon for trade out in cleaning...keep in mind most of my labor for this is God given and free!! :)...or close to free..2 best friends who r journeymen electrician and pump maintenance mechanic at large plant and boiler and gas systems supervisor at large plant..very discounted labor

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
My hotsy heater is a monster/ if you can get it going do it. It is awesome for t&g and for sustaining heat on a highflow wand. I paid 1400 formine new and put a 50$ flow switch on . I dont know if you could convert that one or buy a nat gas tank to run it off. I would leave it alone if you cant convert it to kero or diesal

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
That would be a great tool to use in a rug processing plant. Turn down the psi and really flush out rugs with high flow pressure washing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom