House Call Pro info

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Make sure you understand how this app works before you go jumping in the pool.

This is a marketplace app, your customers are downloading the HC marketplace and not just your company app.
So if you ever leave them, the client keeps the app and in the carpet cleaner category all your competitors appear then.
And they make money by charging them % finders fee.

Ah interesting. This is another reason to be against the texts telling customers to download their app.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I'm testing out Jobber to - other than that I might just have to pony up and spend the $300 to setup Service Monster. SM so far looks like the best for what we are looking for and from what I have heard from other cleaners the only issue is mobile that they are in the process of fixing.

We really need a scheduling software, but don't want to just add anything when we plan on using this for a long long time.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Especially when your paying for it. If this was a free app I could see that being necessary.
Exactly. If you're already charging me I don't need you sticking your marketing in on my clients.

On the contrary, you will now be bookable through an app, which customers LOVE.
Really?
Lets say the client ideally calls you every 12-18 months per Shaw's recommendations for carpet cleaning. Is it really necessary to have an app for so little use? :shifty:

Or are you using me to plant your app so you can sell other services through my clients? :angry:

Mikey P

Administrator
If a homeowner loads up the HCP app for say, window cleaning, and later uses the app to find a carpet cleaner, or pool cleaner for that matter, does HCP take a percentage of that job? and if so how much?
I'm going to assume this is how they will make their money. It's certainly not from the $20 monthly fee or the .65 post cards.

I think it's reasonable to pay a finders fee, I'd just like to know how much.
I imagine a year down the road there will be a long list of service providers to pick from. Will there be a review based description of each HCP approved company?
Will there be a review form like Yodle's Rate A Biz, to easily have the home owner leave you a review?

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
I'm testing out Jobber to - other than that I might just have to pony up and spend the $300 to setup Service Monster. SM so far looks like the best for what we are looking for and from what I have heard from other cleaners the only issue is mobile that they are in the process of fixing.

We really need a scheduling software, but don't want to just add anything when we plan on using this for a long long time.
Hey. Let's hop on the phone and we can discuss your business needs to help you better understand how we can benefit your business. Call at 858-345-9675.

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
Ah interesting. This is another reason to be against the texts telling customers to download their app.
Will, Shane is not fully accurate in his claim that we are a marketplace app. We have told him hundreds of times but he keeps insisting on posting misinformation.

WE ARE FIRST AND FOREMOST a tool that helps you run your business. We offer features such as:
-Automatic invoicing and receipts
-Technician dispatch
-Job scheduling
-Credit card processing (at 1.99% flat)
-Customer postcard and email campaign remarketing
-Customer database formatting and support
-Quickbooks online integration
-Google calendar integration
-Job recurrence
-Referral programs
-GPS mapping
-Customer push notifications (customizable)
And much much more....

We do offer a consumer booking app where your customers can book you at the push of a button BUT THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. YOU CAN TURN THIS OFF IF YOU WANT.

If you want more information, please call 858-345-9675 and we will be happy to help.

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
If a homeowner loads up the HCP app for say, window cleaning, and later uses the app to find a carpet cleaner, or pool cleaner for that matter, does HCP take a percentage of that job? and if so how much?
I'm going to assume this is how they will make their money. It's certainly not from the $20 monthly fee or the .65 post cards.

I think it's reasonable to pay a finders fee, I'd just like to know how much.
I imagine a year down the road there will be a long list of service providers to pick from. Will there be a review based description of each HCP approved company?
Will there be a review form like Yodle's Rate A Biz, to easily have the home owner leave you a review?

We can fully sustain ourselves from the monthly fee and postcard campaigns. We don not need to make money off of the finders fee for new jobs secured through our consumer booking marketplace. I don't know why people keep assuming this is not the case. The finders fee is indeed 10% for jobs we secure for you coming from people that ARENT your current customers.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
You can't turn off the message notifications on mobile/ipad yet if I understand correctly from your above post, this can only be done when using desktop. Can you please post a screen shot of where you can do this? Or where it says it will turn them off all together?

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
You can't turn off the message notifications on mobile/ipad yet if I understand correctly from your above post, this can only be done when using desktop. Can you please post a screen shot of where you can do this? Or where it says it will turn them off all together?
When you get your account set up with one of our customer success representatives, you can ask them to be permanently turned off form the marketplace and ask to stop all text notifications and PRESTO. No more worries. If you need help with this, please reach out to our customer success team at 858-324-6547

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Will, Shane is not fully accurate in his claim that we are a marketplace app. We have told him hundreds of times but he keeps insisting on posting misinformation.

WE ARE FIRST AND FOREMOST a tool that helps you run your business. We offer features such as:
-Automatic invoicing and receipts
-Technician dispatch
-Job scheduling
-Credit card processing (at 1.99% flat)
-Customer postcard and email campaign remarketing
-Customer database formatting and support
-Quickbooks online integration
-Google calendar integration
-Job recurrence
-Referral programs
-GPS mapping
-Customer push notifications (customizable)
And much much more....

We do offer a consumer booking app where your customers can book you at the push of a button BUT THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. YOU CAN TURN THIS OFF IF YOU WANT.

If you want more information, please call 858-345-9675 and we will be happy to help.

NO, you did not tell shane 100 times.
I asked 1x yesterday and then wrote here today "make sure you understand the app before you start using it".

Actually had a lot more written but deleted it...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
These guys are real pros when it comes to technology. I'm sure they will come up with all kinds of great features that even brent would be happy.

BUT, the APP is the business model.
That part is BS for sure....

Nobody coughed up Millions of dollars for a "me too" field service business.

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
These guys are real pros when it comes to technology. I'm sure they will come up with all kinds of great features that even brent would be happy.

I really don't understand where you are coming from. We run a business here. You also run a business. Anyone who runs a business has BY NATURE a business model. You have a business model, and we do as well. If we didn't have business models, we would not be in business. We would make no money and therefore have no jobs. So then, why is it so bad for us to have a business model?

FredC

Village Idiot
I hope you have a better marketing plan than this. ..

Seems pretty solid. ;)

“We needed to grow the supply side first, to get the service professionals first,” Mr.Mier explained. “When get them to import their clients into the system, there will be more users to download the app users get them to download the app and book other categories of service providers.”

“It is sort of a viral coefficient,” Mr. Mier said. “You get one pro to upload 10,000 clients and then you get those clients to book services in other categories. It’s a lot better than going directly after the consumer.”

Get enough professionals and consumers should logically follow, Mr. Mier said.

“It is imperative to ramp up our customer acquisitions. We are going after the pros and letting them get the consumers for us.”

When the plumber completes a job for a client, that client receives three text messages prompting them to download HouseCall. When they do, they get access to professionals from other service categories.

rolandal

Name
Roland Ligtenberg

That's right Shane. You're very smart!

Our investors see that the future is mobile, and not one field service business has a decent mobile app or way to interface easily with their customers.

In fact they all started building web based applications first - we started mobile first which is why we have SOOO many local service businesses using HCP to power their business.

rolandal

Name
Roland Ligtenberg

We help local service providers get more work! <yawn> Oh wait, it's right there on our pricing page (at the bottom of this page & crystal clear: http://www.tryhousecall.com/pro )... 10% referral fee for new customers...

Don't want new customers you say? Okay, turn it off the ability to be booked through the app!

Want to learn more about how using the app can get you more business, join us on the webinar: https://housecall.typeform.com/to/wURIi7 !

FredC

Village Idiot
We help local service providers get more work! <yawn>

or you could implement the third part....where you push ads/deals to homeowners that were in the databases these kind trusting souls handed over to you.

What keeps you from pushing competitor ads to those that do stay in the marketplace? Do they now have a $49 whole house fucktard's ads being delivered to their customers mobiles?

rolandal

Name
Roland Ligtenberg
or you could implement the third part....where you push ads/deals to homeowners that were in the databases these kind trusting souls handed over to you.

What keeps you from pushing competitor ads to those that do stay in the marketplace? Do they now have a $49 whole house fucktard's ads being delivered to their customers mobiles?

How long do you think we'd stay in business if we did this?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom