How about a porty clean off ?

Who can bring their Porty so we can compare it to the Recoil that Mike has ? We can clean with them and compare the quality off the parts also.

Mike has taken a lot of heat over his comments on the Recoil so I'd like to set the record straight.

Any takers ?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The only way that would be fair is to have the maker of said portable do the cleaning.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Ideally, I'd like to see a match up between a Cimex and a Brute. And also a match up between a Bissel, a Rug Doctor and a couple of other Porties plus a Vortex, Stanley Steamer, a Chem Dry, a Bane, a Nordic 1 and any other tms that show up.

Unlike the CRI testing each unit will have a set time limit to show what they can do and all units will use the exact same pre-spray and no other accessories or steps will be used except using their own wands, heat and flow. Naturally this will favor the larger units which should be expected to do more in less time. Next year we can use a different set of criteria, like 2 - 3 times more time for a Porty than allowed for tm etc.

Each sample of carpet will start out weighing the same and will be cleaned for the same amount of time and weighed again. This will give a false reading as this weight will also include any water left by the cleaning process. The next day each sample will be weighed again (dry) which will tell us how much water was left in after cleaning and how much dirt ( by weight ) had been removed by each cleaning unit.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Since porties are easy to measure amounts of water going in and measure what's extracted, I'd like to see a hole vs slot glide tested with same machine, wand and operator.
Be interesting to see exactly how much water either extracts

..L.T.A.

Greenie

damn good idea.
then meat can buy me lunch for all these years of doubting...lol

Greenie

I should just bring up the Green Machine, first porty with 2.5" hose and a Greenhorn 14" wand.

needs 3 power cords though.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Brian Luddy said:
We should also see how well a portable can be manuevered up and down a staircase.

who would ever drag/carry a portable up a flight of steps? and why would they? i mean really, why would anyone do that?? of course a Steamin Demon needs to... but a portable with hoses and a normal wand? i guess if you only have 1 or 2 vac motors.?. but then i ask, why would you buy a portable with 1 or 2 vac motors when you can buy one with 3?

comm jobs i used an elevator. houses i left it outside in the van or on porch/garage.

thanx --- Derek.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Derek, you must have a Recoil if you left it in the van for residential work. I parked mine down the street.

SunClean

I'm bringing an Eclipse porty. I think it compares well to the Ninja. One of my three vacs is kinda funky though.

Brian you're right about dragging them up and down staircases at 200 lbs I sometimes need the custy's help. I'm either going to get a lighter one or save up for a Boxxer slide in. :roll:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Brian Luddy said:
Derek, you must have a Recoil if you left it in the van for residential work. I parked mine down the street.

Brian, i had a 80 LB Recoil 3 and left it in the van for all resi but maybe 2 jobs where i put it on the porch. i used a PowerBooster as well. if i ever went back to HWE Portable i would only use a 3 vac'ed machine WITH my PowerBooster from Ed V...kept it for a rainy day.

sure i see the benefit of bringing a portable in the house but man, what a pain! with the PB you can bring THAT in the house...weighs maybe 20 pounds.

i'd love to see the Eclipse in action :!:

thanx --- Derek.

Greenie

I look fwd to giving your eclipse a go, I wanted to see how it handles on two 15 amp circuits.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Doesn't Darlene use an Eclipse?

Hey, my only job today ended up rescheduling, so I went to my storage locker and picked up my Recoil. I used it to clean my couch today. I put 8 gallons of water in the tank. When I emptied the recovery tank I got 7 3/4 gallons back. I used my Prochem Tool with glide. It sure didn't seem like I was gettin much vac but I guess I was. I had about 25 feet of 2" hose.

Greenie

94% recovery on a 4" tool.
Did you use any prespray?

All three vac motors?

Might as well hook up a floor wand and do the same test on your living room with 9.5 gal of water and 1/2 gal of RTU prespray.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
About 32 ounces of prespray. Yes I used all three vacs. I forgot how loud a portable is.

I may do that Greenie. Or is that test going to be done at Mikefest?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Good Idea:

I would like to see the new Century Ninja w/the 800 PSI 2 GPM pump & Air Watt Vacs go against all pretenders.
800nin.jpg

Mike Ellis, national sales manager for Century 400 was here at our plant today, and even said he would consider an appearance on the Mikey Board hot seat.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member[/img]

Attachments

• 800nin.jpg
    800nin.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 800nin.jpg
    800nin.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 194
G

I would like to see a true taste test:

1. Coors Light vs. Miller Light.
2. Anchor Steam vs. Widmer Hefeweissen
3. Pacifico vs. Corona.

All products must sit in cooler on ice for exactly the same amount of time. All sample drinks must be taken straight from bottle without the aid of fruit or any other flavor enhancing utensil.

I and only I shall be the true and final judge.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Curt, you may need a second opinion on all tastes to make sure all goes well. I'm probably over extending myself, but I'll do it.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
We spend most of our time testing the differences between different coors packaging and sizes.

Becker

Name
Becker
These things always end up in a tie. You need an odd number of testers.

I'll be the 3rd. And of course I will do it for free as to not taint the testing.

Back
Top Bottom