How accurate is your temp gauge?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Just wondering... How accurate is your temp gauge?

I'll set mine at 200, often times I'll go out to the truck and it's 230 or so. I've been told this is pretty normal.

If it's not normal, what could cause this?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jcooper said:

I'll set mine at 200, often times I'll go out to the truck and it's 230 or so. I've been told this is pretty normal.

what could cause this?

Not intimately familiar with your system , but a few things I can think of could cause it.
More often than not, it's a heat spike due low/no flow thru the heat coils .
The solution sits and gets hotter ...depending where your thermostat probe is, it will measure the temp rise

..L.T.A.

John Watson

jcooper said:

If it's not normal, what could cause this?

Its not the guage, its the thermostat. I love the guage on my old Jem, it always is at 220-235 when the rig is running.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Thanks guys,

The machines new(doubt anythings wrong w/it) and this is our first TM.

So John, it's the dial(t-stat) not the gauge that is somewhat inaccurate? Is this common in most TM's?

Thanks again

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i wouldn't concern myself as long as it doesn't shut the machine down. you have a small orifice that lets a small amount of water bypass which should show the temp correctly. when you pull the trigger a larger amount will pass by spiking the temp a little. if it gets clogged the temp will show a lower temp until the flow is triggered giving a sudden spike in temp.

gene

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jcooper said:
The machines new(doubt anythings wrong w/it) and this is our first TM.

n

CONGRATS, Coop!!
pretty awesome having the power and heat of a TM, isn't it?
It's a great feeling too to open those van doors and see shinny new rig.
Good for you, man!!

anyway, as Gene said, I wouldn't worry about it.
Is it "normal" ..i don't know..it's not uncommon though and "most likely" nothing at all to worry about

..L.T.A.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Larry,

I used a porty for 6 years doing 2+ jobs a day, it got so bad(the pain in my body & pain in the ass) I started hoping my jobs would be small, just so they wouldn't take all flipping day. Not good, when you get to a five room house and think, omg this is going to take all day. I wanna leave now!

Honestly it's like a miracle happened! Should have done it years ago, best money I ever spent.

Years ago I always thought I can't wait to have more vac, but having heat like this is just plain nuts.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom