How are you soliciting online reviews?

Mikey P

Administrator
This Realtor has a interesting way of doing so..

20140722_215405_zpsk2ialfn3.jpg

20140722_215412_zpsw5eaz89t.jpg

Ron K

Well Mike how are you? The way your Yelp page looks you should be giving out advise. I ask people to, but most are too busy, we are thinking of asking for one with our Thank you card but don't know if that's exactly what we want to say to say thanks.

Name
Ross Martin
I just stopped asking customers to do so.

It was almost like harassing them. I've sat there with computer savvy people while they were trying to leave Google reviews and they were getting frustrated.

Figured if people are inclined and already doing them, they will just come naturally.

Don't know where my places page is. Just gone one day.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I ask if they have gmail and if they enjoy the results of my services and would like to share it with others? Most say certainly and that they chose my company based on my reviews. Then I hand them easy instructions (with pictures) of how to post a review and tell them to leave the card by their pc and post a review when they get some free time.(A spotter bottle bribe doesnt hurt either ) Still hard to build reviews. But I think I at least asking for reviews and makibg it easier for the client will get your more reviews than a closed mouth. Reviews bring quality clients and help with visability on the web.

Name
I'm Rick James
All those companies tell us in their terms of service not to solicit for reviews.. besides nothing worse than a company begging for reviews.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes groveling for reviews would be tacky for sure.

A good salesperson would be far more subtle and just plant the seed then show them HOW.
Dave has the right concept.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
One way I try is on the bottom of our emails with something like this

Please take a moment to view our Service Listings here www.blahblahblah. com or to become Social here www.facebook. com/Theblahblah

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I have 14 5star reviews on Yelp. I got my first several just because customers did it on their own. Then I started asking customers from yelp if they'd review me. Then in the middle of last year I quit asking for them and I haven't gotten any since then. I just got lazy plus figured that 14 was enough.

But then just last week when I got to a job for a new customer she mentioned she got my name from yelp and liked my reviews BUT almost didn't use me because I had no current reviews. She thought maybe I was out of business even.

Time to start asking for reviews again.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
A good salesperson would be far more subtle and just plant the seed then show them HOW.

I agree...

When people say,"we chose you because of your great reviews" simply reply "you wouldn't believe how hard they are to get"...
If they want to review, you will know be their response.

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
All those companies tell us in their terms of service not to solicit for reviews.. besides nothing worse than a company begging for reviews.

Actually all of the Sales Guru's from Brian Tracy to Zig Ziglar suggest asking customers for reviews and letters of recommendation. There is nothing hard up about it at all.

We will occasionally send a mass e-mail to customers kindly asking them to review our business and giving them a direct link to Yelp, Angies List or Google.

The easier you make it for them the more likely it is to happen.

Their isnt a better way to let someone else spend money to provide SEO for your company. Both Google and Yelp spend big dollars making sure there reviews are on the front page.

Frankly Yelp is the only reason I show up on the front page in my area. And I havnt spent a dollar on advertising with them or SEO for my sight.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
I'm Rick James
Actually all of the Sales Guru's from Brian Tracy to Zig Ziglar suggest asking customers for reviews and letters of recommendation. There is nothing hard up about it at all.

We will occasionally send a mass e-mail to customers kindly asking them to review our business and giving them a direct link to Yelp, Angies List or Google.

The easier you make it for them the more likely it is to happen.

Their isnt a better way to let someone else spend money to provide SEO for your company. Both Google and Yelp spend big dollars making sure there reviews are on the front page.

Frankly Yelp is the only reason I show up on the front page in my area. And I havnt spent a dollar on advertising with them or SEO for my sight.

There is nothing wrong with asking customers for letters of recommendations or a casual passing comment to review us online if you have a minute.. but if you get to many reviews to fast your account will be flagged and your yelp profile goes through a more scrutinized algorithm. That is why yelp tells you NOT to market the reviews and let them come naturally. I have 70 visible 5 star reviews and 20-30 non visible reviews on yelp.

I am only mentioning this so no one gets their account flagged and possibly damaging their relationship with yelp or other online review sites that does not want you to fish for reviews. Talk to the pure clean dude.. he believes his account is flagged.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My 6 month and yearly reminders ask for a review with a link to my site, my site has multiple place they can leave a review google, yahoo, angies list ect. I took yelp off I realize I'm not supposed to solicit reviews from yelpers.

They will do it all on their own, yelpers love to leave reviews.
getting them to stick is a hole other ballgame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom