How are your Mytee Cuffs holding up?

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
They are Okay. I was expecting a tighter seal, hoping not to hear the air noise. I also don't think they will last as long as my old Cool Cuffs.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
GOod unless your an idiot, and when you screw on the end....LET GO OF IT TO SCREW OTHER END ON, and it cracks and splits off :x :x :x :x :x

I was sooo pissed myself....more so WHEN YOU DO IT TWICE :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

When they are connected they are great....

when they are "solo" on the ends....ehhhh they have breakage issues......of course as was said, sometimes user error..

But how many of us lay them down gently???

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a one 2.5" set I use to connect my starter length from the truck to the next 25ft, so it gets used every day just not under vacuum all the time. Its never pulled apart when reeling in the hoses, the wide rubber seal is still good. It does hiss alittle but no more than my Cool Cuffs. I don't have the cuffs sealed/glued on the hose so the air flow is more from the grooves in the hose than from an air leak in the cuff itself.

Its a trade off, Mytee's are hard to twist completely tight but they don't come apart.
Cool cuffs twist together really easy but they come apart on my reel and sometimes will untwist when I'm moving the hose.
I haven't tried Joe's newest cuffs yet.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well mytee manufactured cool cuffs for joe... So they should be just as good

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sorry to say..I have put all of my old ones from Joe back on except my 2.5 to 2 inch reducer....

everyone of them locked up and refused to swivel no mater what I did..the reducer hasn't swiveled in I don't know how long...but that one normally stays out side and does not affect me any....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i'd love a solid section of 150' of the 2.5. i almost got my hands on a 75' but he wouldn't let go of it. he never uses it but keeps thinking he might . :cry:

gene

Able 1

Name
Keith
joeynbgky said:
My grey factory connectors are my favorite.. Lol really

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

LOL REALLY?!?! LMAO

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ehhh kinda...its the alum, one greenie had...it holds the grey cuffs pretty good

Jim Martin said:
Sorry to say..I have put all of my old ones from Joe back on except my 2.5 to 2 inch reducer....

everyone of them locked up and refused to swivel no mater what I did..the reducer hasn't swiveled in I don't know how long...but that one normally stays out side and does not affect me any....

Great :roll:

I went on your endorsement but they were crazy cheap so I can't gripe too much and I may love them

I have demoed the flash cuffs at suppliers and they look to be the best built and design. They have sold a lot of them with no complaints (2 inch).

I really wanted the flash cuffs and may go to them eventually, but for now I have the mytee cuffs.

Cool Cuffs are not a problem but could be if you have electric reels.

Only time will tell, but my prediction is I will end up with flash cuffs modified to work with the mytee filters.

Able 1

Name
Keith
floorguy said:
ehhh kinda...its the alum, one greenie had...it holds the grey cuffs pretty good

Aluminum 2" pipe is good those restrictive barbs suck!!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I tested some long ago for a supplier and reported back here a YEAR AGO that they are inferior in every way to Cool Cuffs. But at that time, they were considered the holy grail of cuffs by shills and Joe haters.

The original o-ring was so dumb, I thought it was an elabortae hoax. The glued on o-rings only last a couple of months of real world use, cuff lynx are fragile especially in the cold (material and too thin walled), they leak air terribly at the hose end (yes, even with amflex hose and electrical tape does not help), the 2" ones are not tapered and so they catch on everything and can cause damage, the 2.5" are very hard to lock and unlock... all in all, an inferior copy of someone else's great design. Oh they are a tiny bit cheaper, so EL CHEAPOs will love them.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
still using Joe's, they seem to be the best all around plus he is a great guy. the electric reel hasn't hurt them yet. every once and a while one will let go but if you watch as the spool is going round you can catch them and give a quick twist.

gene

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Marty said:
I am wondering if we all wouldn't just be better off going back to the old vinyl cuffs ....?
some of us never left vinyl - vinyl progress for me was changing from '78's to '33's :p

I usually have one end with a fixed cuff and the other with a swivel.

roro

Benefit of living in the sticks means you miss many "board de jour" fads.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Jim Martin said:

Great :roll:

I went on your endorsement but they were crazy cheap so I can't gripe too much and I may love them

If I got stranded on Pea island I would starve to death...but I love split pea and ham soup..
Hate tomatos..love salsa
Ham and swiss cheese on black rye bread with spicy mustard..and a large ice tea is the food of the gods...
with that being said...don't got rearranging your pantry just because that is what I like...taste test for your self...

I have demoed the flash cuffs at suppliers and they look to be the best built and design. They have sold a lot of them with no complaints (2 inch).

I really wanted the flash cuffs and may go to them eventually, but for now I have the mytee cuffs.

Cool Cuffs are not a problem but could be if you have electric reels.

Why...??

Only time will tell, but my prediction is I will end up with flash cuffs modified to work with the mytee filters.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just had one split on the 2.5 inch today. Temps outside about -10 degrees, but I am not sure it had been outside when it was split. It was on an inside connector on the reel and rarely off the reel.

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom