How Big Is Your...

Connor

Name
Connor
Yellow Pages ad?

Full Page, three quarter, half, 3/8, dollar bill, business card, what you got?

Please not tangents about how it's dead or your google places page, just your YP ad size.

What you pay would be interesting to compare notes on for advertisers cross country, too.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We still have lots of YP ads, though for booking purposes they post al the money into online on their end.

We have dollar bill, numerous category headers (3' I believe) and mny, many in column ads ranging from 1" to 2.5". Also still quite a bit in white pages sections.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor, what it was coming to when I stopped using them was a "free" yellow page book ad when you signed up for all the online stuff.

I was spending $1500 per month and they through in dollar bill size ad.

It's not a bad idea to be in the book... Just don't use that as your only source... and don't jump into something for what they tell you to.... expenses.

It was about $1800 per month for a half page ad on it's own before this whole internet thing started.

But without internet .... It was almost worth it.. Almost. lol

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
It's not a bad idea to be in the book... Just don't use that as your only source..

:lol: Brian, I wasn't looking for advice, I haven't been in the YP since 2005/06. This is my 10th year in business.

I was spending about the same as you and getting a 3/4 page ad, plus several other "free" ads in the book and it made no money.

I was just curious to what others were doing. I considered trying them again, but it took an hour to get somebody on the phone to tell me that they couldn't get the "local office" to pick up. :lol:

Two of the three ATT YP numbers online had numbers "that could not be completed" when I called, one of them had voice prompts for zip codes and would hang up if you entered any numbers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm paying $600.00 a month and if I get one WDR loss all year from it I'm doing great.

ServiceMaster has a full page, a couple of years ago Paul Davis did also as did another independant. 3-Full page ad's. :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
yea when I'm not listening to my Ipod. :mrgreen:

Nothing consistant, not like Ken.

It's dificult to market restoration services of which we are 82%. It's not like carpet cleaning where a good majority of people have or will have dirty carpet. Not everyone has a flood or fire so as much as I like radio (its affordable) most of those messages would fall on deaf ears. (radio...def...aww forget it!)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Extremely effective for us, but we are somewhat unusual size wise so have a large budget. Tracking is challenging by radio station specific as we are on 8 in our market and people don' remember what station they listen to unless they are exclusively on one all the time (a rarity).

People generally remember the tv station they watch esp for morning news and follow upn shos like GMA, Today, Ellen, The View etc. Also those morning shows esp the early news are rarely DVR'd so real time viewing is much higher.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom