How did this get here?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We cleaned a sofa several years ago and the customer called back to complain that the area under our tarp was darker than the surrounding carpet. When I looked at it I figured out that it was just the light from outside casting a shadow on the carpet. Even after I left she wouldn't let it go, so I went back with a 4 ft x 4 ft piece of white carpet and laid it so that the shadow line split it in half. I then moved the carpet around and of course the line also moved all over the carpet piece. She was convinced I was doing some sort of magic trick or something. I had to finally tell her to get her own blanket or sheet and try the same thing...

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Also had a customer call up and say that we must have splashed something on the front of their brown leather furniture while cleaning the carpet and it bleached out the leather.

On this one, I saw the problem the second I walked into the room. In front of the sofa was a glass coffee table with a mirrored shelf under it. I blocked the light and the bleached spot went away. The customer thought I was doing something "funny" so I had to move the table. He still wasn't convinced, so we ended up tilting the sofa onto it's back for him to see it up close.

The worst part of this was that I had sent a crew out to the home before I went out and the crew came back and said ,yep it's bleached. :hopeless:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom