How Do You Clean and Seal Terrazzo?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Is terrazzo cleaned the same way ceramic and grout is cleaned? Or is it refinished with stones and grinders? I have a contractor that wants me to price out some terrazzo flooring with resealing. I told him I would inspect it and would get back to him with an estimate. Should I walk or run, and refer to someone else??

I've got everything I need for T&G cleaning, but terrazzo I'm not familiar with.

A

amazingcleansc

rwcarpet said:
Is terrazzo cleaned the same way ceramic and grout is cleaned? Or is it refinished with stones and grinders? I have a contractor that wants me to price out some terrazzo flooring with resealing. I told him I would inspect it and would get back to him with an estimate. Should I walk or run, and refer to someone else??

I've got everything I need for T&G cleaning, but terrazzo I'm not familiar with.

I think someone will back me up here, but its pretty hard to mess up as long as you refinish it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm working on one right now.

Large picture/sliding glass window over looking the ocean.

Slight imperfections in my rookie finish job is driving me and the home owner nuts.

I tried like hell to get them to to let me Monkey Pad it but they didn't like the "fish scale" look of the definition in the marble chunks/ concrete.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I passed on it. It is a large room and halls, with many cracks. I even consulted an expert stone floor installer, and he said he wouldn't touch it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom