How do you deal with last minute cancelations?

Name
Steve Lawrence
We like to keep a list of people who want work sooner than we could schedule them. We can sometimes put them into a fresh opening due to cancelation or postponement but not always. It's happening too much lately. What do you do about it? Our guys want to work and it is the busy season!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We like to keep a list of people who want work sooner than we could schedule them. We can sometimes put them into a fresh opening due to cancelation or postponement but not always. It's happening too much lately. What do you do about it? Our guys want to work and it is the busy season!

That is what we do as well....

But sometimes it's good to also get a little break so can catch up on a few other things even if just cleaning up the van a bit or stopping in to see someone that needed an estimate (say in commercial)

But I am saying this more as an owner operator mentality with another van of employees not a large crew of vans

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
And now that I just posted my first response the phone starts out with a dog poop job....

My wife tells her we will squeeze in the emergency call at the end of the day and call....

Her response "well since you are here I will have you do the entire house!"

She is calling around because we would be limited in time and felt more comfortable with a job that size in Wednesdays schedule....

I am Going to make arrangements to take on one of the guys jobs and move them to that job... If we didn't lose it already...

If we did.... Oh well....

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mikey P

Administrator
Grab a neighbor and go for a ride
20180909_153835.jpg

And the same as you in Scruz..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Shit happens.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Thank you to all respondants. Not that any of it helped.
You don’t have to spend every minute cleaning on the truck, you know. Maintenance, marketing, getting addresses for clients you’d like to have and sending them postcards, buy your wife some flowers and write her a nice card, stop by and visit some old people at the local nursing home who don’t get visitors. Anything you do in the community is free marketing for your company. Go clean a room or two at your church.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It ain't all good Darcie. Though I know you can take it in stride.
Constant and repetitious put downs on Mexicans, women, etc.; you name it are just that- Put downs. No redeeming qualities.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It ain't about me Marty, it's about you.

Here are the 11 most common verbal abuse patterns to look out for in a relationship:

1. Name-calling
This type of verbal abuse is probably the easiest one to recognize. This includes being called names and/or being shouted at on a regular basis. Arguments that always resort to yelling and the use of aggressive phrases in a conversation are all signs that your communication with your partner is anything but healthy. In a healthy relationship, partners step away from an argument or try to talk through the issue. In a verbally abusive relationship, the abuser will yell until they get what they want.

Example: “You idiot, now you have made me angry!”

2. Condescension
light sarcasm and a sarcastic tone of voice should not be a constant part of your interactions with a partner.This can also include being the constant butt of your partner’s jokes. It can start off funny, which is why it often goes undetected, but over time condescension becomes belittling.

Example: “No wonder you are always moaning about your weight, look how clean your plate is!”

3. Manipulation
Sometimes it can be easy to spot a controlling personality, especially when someone continuously pushes their partner to do and say things they are not always comfortable with. Manipulation, on the other hand, can be more difficult to detect. It can be subtle, like turning situations around and putting the blame on the abused partner.

Example: “If you really loved me you wouldn’t say or do that.”

4. Criticism
It’s OK to provide constructive criticism when requested on occasion; being honest with your partner is healthy. However, constant criticism and belittling of a significant other are NOT healthy, and over time can lead to a significant loss of self-esteem.

Example: “Why are you so disorganized? I can always count on you to ruin our nights out!”

5. Demeaning Comments
If a partner puts you down using demeaning comments that refer to your race/ethnic background, gender, religion, background in general, it is unhealthy. This doesn’t even need to be consistent, if it happens once, it is no doubt going to happen again, and should not be normalized. A partner who loves and respects you will not use something that is an inherent part of you to put you down.

and so on...

Emotional abuse is any abusive behavior that isn’t physical, which may include verbal aggression, intimidation, manipulation, and humiliation, which most often unfolds as a pattern of behavior over time that aims to diminish another person’s sense of identity, dignity and self worth,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom