How do you guys survive?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My 17 and 10yr old are gamers🙄 The 17yo is #3 in his 6A school, and just passed all his AP tests as a Junior. It gave him 18 college credits and he’s taking concurrent at OU next year. Won’t be on his high school campus much at all. So, it’s hard to fuss with the gaming😏

Reactions: Trip Moses

Willy P

Name
Willy P
100 plus today in the frozen north. We took off to a campsite for a few days, but it was way too hot to stay outside for more than 15 minutes at a time. The ac works great in the motorhome, but it ain't much fun to just sit and stare.

20240708_160247.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Willy P

Name
Willy P
53Hrs 35Min 21Sec….

Is EXACTLY how long it took me to successfully cross Death Valley, this past week, solo, and off road-from furthest point north, to Badwater Basin- the lowest point in North America!
To put how much a successful completion of this project means to me in words in a post is simply too difficult.

This adventure has been a focus of mine since last year, when I was unable to complete it….due to adverse weather conditions and, in retrospect, I probably wasn’t yet recovered from six months of chemo.

I spent the last six months completely focused on my training, my gear, and several scouting trips to Death Valley- a place and wilderness I respect so much.
My buddy Kent Keeler and I showed up the week before and scouted several areas where we were certain I’d have to alter course from previous projects in the area.

I was as ready as I could be- and yet all the usual challenges were there- extreme heat (123F at finish), winds, super difficult terrain and tricky nighttime navigation. I literally drank 75 liters over the course of the 53 hours, and was strategically resolved to be patient when I needed a break. And the terrain here is never forgiving or predictable- a mix of everything from deep sand to endless boulders to wet salt. This place is a brutal as it is beautiful.

I’ve spent my entire adventure career, crossing the worlds largest deserts and the coldest reaches of the planet- but this place is different.
Everything had to go exactly as planned for this to work out, the stars had to line up…and I’m so grateful they did!

To be in the desert alone, in between my resupplies…just being present, was a gift. No music, no podcasts….just being hyper aware, that I get to be in this amazing place again, doing what I love to do
❤️

Lots more stories to come
🤗

View attachment 127782
Is that a hockey stick?

Name
Swani
Yes. In your state today. Stayed in Bozeman.

View attachment 127792
Bozeman is beautiful and there's lots to do.

Yellowstone is amazing and will be some lifetime memories.

If you get a chance come over Beartooth Pass and into Red Lodge.

If I would have known you were coming I would have gotten your info for payroll and put you to work. I guess I'll have to pay you under the tabel for now. 😉

Safe travels! If you guys have any issues while you are here don't be afraid to reach out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom