How do you measure?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have used a Rolatape for the past 12 years and I just bought the Bosch GLM50. I have been playing with this for about an hour and I can say the accuracy and ease of use is awesome. You can add multiple areas in a room with ease too. Unit measures up to 165 feet and has a baclight LCD display which is also nice. I did look at the GLM80 as well which has a couple more bells and whistles and can measure further but at my old age I cant see beyone 165 feet with binoculars anyways.

Although I just switched to room pricing I feel this was a great investment because it will help me confirm a room size since my room price has a sq ft maximum and it will work great for commercial work as well.

So what are you using?

Name
cameron demille
I use this

http://www.luxuryhousingtrends.com/Stanley-fat-max-digital-laser-measure.jpg

I've had it for 3-4 years. The only problem is that the buttons tend to turn on in my bag and drain the battery. It measures from the back of the unit, so if you have no choice but to put it back against the wall it will be accurate. I'm sure the others are like this too. This was about $100, best $100 I have spent.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have the Bosch glm50 too.
I had the Bosch 30 before that..I actually had a couple of those for the past 5 years but lost them and gave them to my bro.

I had those Stanley ultrasonics 9-10 years ago but got sick of the cheap crap always measuring different distances in the same room.
I heard that those cheap Stanley ones got messed up measurements because of the electrical in the wires in the walls?

I really like the Hilti measuring device but its 300-400 dollars compared to the Bosch thats around a 100 bucks.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The cheap Stanley ones will give you messed up readings. The Fat Max doesn't. It is $100 at lowes.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I had a Sonin I bought years ago and I never liked or trusted it so it never even made it on the truck. This Bosch is dead on every time.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
we had a Sonin. i sold it. i prefer counting ceiling tiles. and for Clients with no ceiling tiles, a 35' fat max tape measure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom