How do you position upholstery for cleaning.Where it is or do you pull it out.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
When i clean upholstery i clear out the center of the room and lay down a 10x14 robin egg blue vinyl mat that has a woven back. I then put each piece that i am going to clean on the center of the mat and then clean and replace. Always tip furniture over and start on the back and the clean every sq. inch of every piece. I do charge a premium.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a drop cloth with vinyl back we put the divan on it also. I clean from behind the piece tipping it back if needed (rarely) the do the outside back and outside arms. The deck, then inside arms, and front, then the cushions.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
drop cloths if tile or wood floor......if it is on carpet...I just offer to clean the carpet for free after I am done...saves me time and headaches of messing with the tarps and most the time after they see clean UPH and a room of clean carpet.....they will book to clean the rest of the house.........

Reactions: Mikey P

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I cover wood floors. I make enough space to clean the furniture. I usually start with the parts that people come in contact with, then the sides and back.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I cover wood floors. I make enough space to clean the furniture. I usually start with the parts that people come in contact with, then the sides and back.

Depending on the fabric I usually do the opposite. I'll prespray the contact areas, agitate. Then hit the back and sides first, and then the touch areas. If its a natural fiber piece I'll work a panel at a time to ensure nothing stays too wet for too long.

steve_64

if the rooms carpeted i pull it out far enough to get behind it. do the back and ends and top and back of seating area from the back. then push it back into place and do the rest. if the room isnt carpeted we carry it to the garage or outside and clean it the same way then bring it back in. i will also prespray the front before starting to clean when neccesarry.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If soiled, we do it like 'Dink
Prespray bad areas and let dwell while back and sides are cleaned

If we,re cleaning the carpet in trhat rm we we don't cover floor
Otherwise we spred butyl rubber coated drops

LTA

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Reading these responses make me see value in the eyes of the client when using drop cloths.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom