How do you tell when your Ozone generator is working?

Name
Brad Gouveia
I just got a used Ozone generator. It was a US Products off of ebay for $200. I am fairly certain that it works but how do can you tell/test it. I have a smaller one for home use and I can smell when that one when it is used this one I can barely smell. When I touch the metal snout when it is on it gives me a static charge shock. Is that normal?

Ozone it suppose to be orderless.

Thanks for you help.

oasis.jpg

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
stand in a room for 5 minutes while running and then get back with us.

on another note, don't do that.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you can't detect an odor after several minutes running in a confined space, I would suspect that it is either not working or not working up to its full capacity.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Clean Response said:
I just got a used Ozone generator. It was a US Products off of ebay for $200. I am fairly certain that it works but how do can you tell/test it. I have a smaller one for home use and I can smell when that one when it is used this one I can barely smell. When I touch the metal snout when it is on it gives me a static charge shock. Is that normal?

Ozone it suppose to be orderless.

Thanks for you help.

oasis.jpg

Oh on ics I thought you said you could REALLY smell it. If you can't smell it then it isn't working correctly as Scott said.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We usually just go by odor. That's a good unit, we have a couple like that but they don't seem to produce as much odor as some of the others.

You could always lay a few rubber bands in front of it and run it over night and see if it degraded the rubber. You might need to pump the ozone into a plastic bag with the rubber bands in there to be sure they are getting good concentration.

John Watson

RichC said:
We usually just go by odor. That's a good unit, we have a couple like that but they don't seem to produce as much odor as some of the others.

You could always lay a few rubber bands in front of it and run it over night and see if it degraded the rubber. You might need to pump the ozone into a plastic bag with the rubber bands in there to be sure they are getting good concentration.
Instead of rubber bands, Have some real fun..... Use your girl friends or wifes favorite thong..

Eons ago did a Smoke and fire Restoration on a house in a certain area that uses red light bulbs. Job went great lots of fringe bennys, Adjuster praised us for saving over $8000.00 in just exotic longeriege... Within 3 weeks of reopening I personaly had to go back with the adjustor to explaine how come these special articles of clothing were just falling off the girls......Opps :lol: :lol: :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:lol:

Yep we've done that on some jogging suits that were left in the Ozone room too long. They had bad odor and we were working on the odor and gave it too much.

Ruined the elastic, the cuff's just hung. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom