How do you use different rotary pad colors?

Bob Foster

I use red for most carpet
Joe tells me a white pad is good on hardwood to clean the gunk off them before buffing them up

Can we get a run down on how and where you use your rotary on all types of surfaces and what colors of pads you use.

myteefloor175.png

floorpads.jpg

Bob Foster

The Orbitec Dual Cylindrical is still sitting in the shop. It does run and work but I can't imagine where I would put it to work. It needs to be stripped and repainted because it looks like a 30 year old car from Detroit. Anybody that thinks powder coating is a really good selling point should look at this thing. Powder coating is not good in waterborne environments.

If I had seen a new one like it before I bought this used one I would never have bought one. DON'T BUY ONE. This Orbitec dual cylindrical brush is big, heavy and very awkward to maneuver. It is inferior in every possible way to a Whittaker GLS.

I think I will likely strip off the brushes. spray pump, tank and switches and scrap it.

Now having said that about this machine I will say my Oritec giggler is just fine but I don't use it very often.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
beige/natural type pads only for carpet....(ok i used some worn blacks on a nasty chinese but :shock: :shock: :shock: )

other wise you run the risk of color bleed off..or a color burn...ask me how i know :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I take my old burnishing pads and pay my workers .25 a piece to cut out cimex sized pads....because when the buffer is done with them, they still have a job or 2 left in them for encapping

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We use either two white pads stacked under a floor machine for light cleaning on wood floors or a white pad under the machine and a maroon pad on the floor (two pads on top of each other) for heavier wood floor cleaning when using the Bridgepoint Wood Floor system.

The extra white pad acts like a cushion or shock absorber that prevents damage for floors that have lippage or raised edges.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The blue is my new favorite for resteraunts, broke in dark green for the real nasties(when the carpet is black).

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
When using colored pads on carpets, it would be good to use 3m brand as it does not bleed as Doug (floor guy) stated. For carpet, I'd we are goin to use a pad, we use a red. Most of the time we still use brushes or bonnets.

Bob Foster

Great ideas so far. Especially Scot's idea of stacking the pads. Never knew you could do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom