how do you use your Dropbox

Mikey P

Administrator
Finally loaded it up on my phone and pc

Slow learner admittedly..

I thought the Cloud was nothing more than Vawter's off gassing.

How do you use yours?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My phone is set to automatic to upload my pics and videos so I can access them from my computers....

Just did that a few minutes ago with last nights water/sewer damage pics so could put them in a folder right now on my desktop

I also love to transfer things from one computer to another especially when doing Insurance work such as my Xactimate files....pics...

Will just drop them in the drop box and pull them out on the other computer I want them in...

For some reason, I just find DropBox so easy to find and use vs the other cloud based.

Also, as you send and invite to people, and that person signs up, you receive more space....I believe each one of you do.

Jeff Cross actually set up and "invite" for me to drop my winter cleaning tips article in for his Cleanfax mass email he did using my cold weather cleaning article.

Was super easy just to transfer the file to him with this.

I might look into the next higher level of dropbox and pay for it.

I also like to be able to find other files while out in the field that I can drop to it and pull up quick on the phone.

Did that last week on another insurance claim thermal scanning in floor slab heat line breaks. Was able to pull up the old file and photos I placed in there for the day.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I totally agree on the value of password-protected shared access with insurance work, Mark. You've probably already thought of this but remember that adjusters are all about having information at their fingertips. (And restoration contractors are all about "justifying" their invoices.) So some of our SFS graduates are "partnering up" with their adjusters by setting up a separate Drop Box for each one of them. HERE are the details.

Steve

PS The same "Shared Access" concept works great with Property Managers in commercial work. In fact, on large maintenance accounts or insurance losses where you are coordinating with the insureds or tenants why not give them their very own Drop Box? This way they can easily complain to you instead of the adjuster/Facility Manager and everyone is happy!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mostly used for large files back and forth with the graphic artist. It was also used plenty when we rebuilt the website. Not much other than that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Goggle Drive is Free with up to 15Gig, cloud based you can access from anywhere you have internet access. You can also share the file with others. So for instance if you wanted to load your presentation onto Google Drive you can give Mike & Bill access to view it.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
...if you wanted to load your presentation onto Google Drive you can give Mike & Bill access to view it.
Billy would just copy it and use it as his own. (Don't ask me how I have learned this!) :)

Steve

PS The SFS team also uses Google Drive for file sharing, Richard. But I'm with Mark. I just find Drop Box more intuitive. (Which is important for a dummy like me.)

So Richard, have you guys ever set up "in the cloud" password-protected Shared Folders for each of your main adjusters? It ties them to you very nicely.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So Richard, have you guys ever set up "in the cloud" password-protected Shared Folders for each of your main adjusters?
No we have not as of yet.

We would Steve but we don't have any "main adjusters", for us those days are gone, maybe never to come back. Vendor type programs have taken relationships out of it.

I mainly use my Drop Box and Google Drive for marketing use sharing files and such.

My goggle drive isn't used as much as the drop box.
Google%20Drive_zpsawb8w2ol.jpg

Drop box has much more in it.
DB%20files_zpstxjo9w8u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
No we have not as of yet.

We would Steve but we don't have any "main adjusters", for us those days are gone...
Understood, Richard. However, it is a 10 second operation to open a new DB for each new job which in turn will automatically send an invitation to the adjuster offering them the chance to share info with you on the loss. Just one more way to differentiate Chavez Restoration...

Steve

PS Don't you want to be known as something more than "Topeka's Finest Poop Suckers"? (Catchy though it is.)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
PS Don't you want to be known as something more than "Topeka's Finest Poop Suckers"? (Catchy though it is.)
:lol:

Well....yea that would be good too. :biggrin:

Actually Sewage only makes up 4% of sales while water damage restoration makes up 34% for us. We are better know for sucking...water. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Dropbox, lol, I just had a flashback . I had a warehouse full of them at my old job that we shipped to stores. How things have changed.

Tom Sedwick

Name
Tom Sedwick
We use Google Drive for our primary data storage center. It's directly linked to our CRM/Phones/Computers, etc. I can't imagine operating without something like that in place.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom