How does your wand /glide do when cleaning INTO the baseboards?

Mikey P

Administrator
The Dev 12 kinda sucks and I'm pretty sure most Glide fitted wands all do..

Its almost an inch of carpet not getting cleaned going head in with the wand, so I go along the walls from the side when needed

What do you think about cutting off some of the face of the Glide to enable the vacuum slot to get closer to the baseboard?

PXL_20201022_202135935.jpg

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
The Dev 12 kinda sucks and I'm pretty sure most Glide fitted wands all do..

Its almost an inch of carpet not getting cleaned going head in with the wand, so I go along the walls from the side when needed

What do you think about cutting off some of the face of the Glide to enable the vacuum slot to get closer to the baseboard?

View attachment 103077
Can you have an internal fit glide with out all the extra material on the front?

Reactions: Meter Maid

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That’s the only thing I liked about the single lip Teflon glides.

You got any of those drinking straws for sale Mikey?

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Prochem Upholstery tool to detail edges and around furniture not cleaned. Once your on your hands and knees you get an up close view of what everyone else would miss.

Guess Im a 1 percenter

Reactions: Numero Uno

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It’s one of the only things I like about the stock Evolution glide. It’s extremely thin, so it actually does pretty well on baseboards, especially with Joe’s jet kit.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It’s also a good thing on the stock Bentley stainless glide, even though I didn’t use it. When I did, I could hit baseboards very well.

Mike, is it possible to make a Teflon glide that fits inside the wand’s vacuum slot, like the Bentley stainless glide?

That could be something. Maybe not.

Mikey P

Administrator
It’s also a good thing on the stock Bentley stainless glide, even though I didn’t use it. When I did, I could hit baseboards very well.

Mike, is it possible to make a Teflon glide that fits inside the wand’s vacuum slot, like the Bentley stainless glide?

That could be something. Maybe not.
Yes it's possible and we actually have quite a few glides that attach that way but the mouth of the one needs to be wide enough to fit the inner lips and allow for good air flow I wish all wands came with that design as it's much easier to pull them off and on without distorting the soft Teflon Tom Conway kind of blew it with his wand by not making it fit in a plug or a slide on dovetail fashion like the evolution wand

Reactions: Meter Maid

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think too often guys are worried by filtration lines. There is not much you can do most of the time. Even if you can clean it, it's going to come right back. I had a job the other day from a developer. Filtration soiling on a staircase. I wish they had told me ahead of time, I would have told them not to waste their money. They have already tried to fix the problem by installing foam in the crevices on the sides of the stairs but the other problem is the installers used a staple gun to affix the carpet to the wooden trackless strip. Every staple now has a black spot because of air filtering through. It's too late to fix the carpet. It's already ruined by the lousy installers. For the money they have spent trying to fix the problem, they could have installed new carpet on the stairs properly. Most soil filtration is traceable back to the installation. If it worries you, use an edging tool and then explain to the customer why it won't come out or why it will come back.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Yes it's possible and we actually have quite a few glides that attach that way but the mouth of the one needs to be wide enough to fit the inner lips and allow for good air flow I wish all wands came with that design as it's much easier to pull them off and on without distorting the soft Teflon Tom Conway kind of blew it with his wand by not making it fit in a plug or a slide on dovetail fashion like the evolution wand
Maybe you should design the mother of all wands, with a vacuum inlet wide enough to fit the mother of all glides.

An airflow design like the Evolution, but more head weight and a spray pattern that shears and makes sense.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The Evolution being made of plastic is what makes it have open areas that give it amazing linear airflow, but the plastic also makes it suck.

Mytee (for all its faults) figured out a way to make an open head design, to provide great airflow.

That wand at 10 flow, makes portables look good. Problem is, the rest of that wand sucks.

A Devastator design, with a Bentley type head would be real good.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Then Tom’s wand would suddenly become a pos.
Nope.

I’m not an expert on airflow, but what I have learned about airflow is that you don’t want to constrict airflow. That’s what makes the Bentley head performs so well. The devastator head and others, restrict airflow at the head. So, you don’t end up getting the full airflow that your truck mount is providing. I’m telling you, I’ve never gotten better dry times than with my Bentley, I simply stopped using it because everything else about it sucks balls.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It’s why cleaners who have switched from the 360i to the T-Rex junior are getting better dry times.

The Rex has a more open vacuum chamber, so it doesn’t restrict airflow.

I owned the Devastator 12” inch and it’s a beautiful tool. But, the head restricts airflow. That’s why it makes so much noise. That’s why I sold it. The 1.5” Evolution has a more open head.

What’s louder, a 2” hose or a 2” hose with a 1.5” reducer? How much noise would a 2” to 1” reducer make? It would probably sound like the 12” Devastator.

We need a quality wand with an open head design like the Bentley.

Mikey P

Administrator
It’s why cleaners who have switched from the 360i to the T-Rex junior are getting better dry times.

The Rex has a more open vacuum chamber, so it doesn’t restrict airflow.

I owned the Devastator 12” inch and it’s a beautiful tool. But, the head restricts airflow. That’s why it makes so much noise. That’s why I sold it. The 1.5” Evolution has a more open head.

What’s louder, a 2” hose or a 2” hose with a 1.5” reducer? How much noise would a 2” to 1” reducer make? It would probably sound like the 12” Devastator.

We need a quality wand with an open head design like the Bentley.

Congratulations on being all wrong.

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom