How does your wand /glide do when cleaning INTO the baseboards?

FredC

Village Idiot
I thought one of the big design elements of a devastator is having a wide vac slot to lessen the choking of a glide.......is this not the case?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I thought one of the big design elements of a devastator is having a wide vac slot to lessen the choking of a glide.......is this not the case?
The head restricts airflow, no matter what mike says.

If airflow restriction didn’t matter, then we should just run 1.5” hose from the truck.

Mike is always right, so standby for his charismatic retort.

• Haha
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Again, not to give Mytee credit, but portable cleaners are using the 10 flow Bentley and getting great dry times. Why? Because the one thing Mytee got right was not restricting airflow.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Again, not to give Mytee credit, but portable cleaners are using the 10 flow Bentley and getting great dry times. Why? Because the one thing Mytee got right was not restricting airflow.
Portables can't power a 10 flow wand. Don't be stupid.

FredC

Village Idiot

I had a bentley wand....dry times were not noticeably better than even my ebay AMF wand

and it was a streaking pos

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Again, I sold my 12” Devastator because my shitty Bentley pulled out WAY more water.

I wish I would’ve kept my 12” Devastator, so I could compare it to my Mach 12 2” that will hopefully arrive this year.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Fred
He thinks if he keeps saying it, he’ll be right.
Kinda like Melon and TOPS
I’ll drive to whatever white trash state you live in and bring my shitty Bentley, just so I can prove my point. We can test the two wands... just don’t judge the shitty quality of the Bentley, other than the open head design.

Maybe then you’ll agree and we can get a wand that doesn’t restrict airflow, but has the qualities of the Devastator.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It’s why cleaners who have switched from the 360i to the T-Rex junior are getting better dry times.

The Rex has a more open vacuum chamber, so it doesn’t restrict airflow.

I owned the Devastator 12” inch and it’s a beautiful tool. But, the head restricts airflow. That’s why it makes so much noise. That’s why I sold it. The 1.5” Evolution has a more open head.

What’s louder, a 2” hose or a 2” hose with a 1.5” reducer? How much noise would a 2” to 1” reducer make? It would probably sound like the 12” Devastator.

We need a quality wand with an open head design like the Bentley.
You are really overthinking this wand ocd thing

Just get a wand that feels comfortable to your hip and shoulder. They all squirt and suck

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I think too often guys are worried by filtration lines. There is not much you can do most of the time. Even if you can clean it, it's going to come right back.
ok, lets take that one step further. Carpet - Even if you can clean it, the dirts going to come right back. I agree! Then they will call us again! Isnt that the point?

OK, Im OCD (and do NOT wear suspenders) and Im paid to clean carpet - ALL the carpet which includes up to the base trim and filtration lines (which actually do come out quite easily almost all the time)

It all goes back to my post on What Happened to Workmanship thread. True, there are only a handful of us out there, but the thing is, people are willing to pay for it because they cant get it anywhere else.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
ok, lets take that one step further. Carpet - Even if you can clean it, the dirts going to come right back. I agree! Then they will call us again! Isnt that the point?

OK, Im OCD (and do NOT wear suspenders) and Im paid to clean carpet - ALL the carpet which includes up to the base trim and filtration lines (which actually do come out quite easily almost all the time)

It all goes back to my post on What Happened to Workmanship thread. True, there are only a handful of us out there, but the thing is, people are willing to pay for it because they cant get it anywhere else.
Maybe in Wisconsin they come out easy. Not so in industrial cities. It's not dirt. It's environmental pollituon. Mostly from car exhaust but other sources as well. It doesn't come out easily. I've used every product known to carpet cleaners, scrubbed and flushed with edging tools to no avail a lot of the time. When I say it will come back, I mean in a month or 2.

scotty747

I clean stairs all the time with my pmf internal jet. I have two stair wands, single and two jet, but if there trashed the pmf is way quicker.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Soil filtration is a result of poor/cheap design of ventilation systems.

using the space under a staircase as part of the cold air return.

2. using the space between floor joists as part of feed/return ducting.

3. not allowing for return air from rooms when doors are closed.

4. inadequate filtration design.

Air will take the path of least resistance and carry its dirt load with it.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Soil filtration is a result of poor/cheap design of ventilation systems.

using the space under a staircase as part of the cold air return.

2. using the space between floor joists as part of feed/return ducting.

3. not allowing for return air from rooms when doors are closed.

4. inadequate filtration design.

Air will take the path of least resistance and carry its dirt load with it.
We often see it under floor length drapes or furniture with skirts. The air is being forced under these items and it's soil load gets deposited on the surface. These ones are easier to clean out. Poor carpet installation is a large part of the problem, particularly in new construction. The one I did the other day was only one year old. The staircase was as Lee described, compounded by a carpet layer who instead of carefully installing the carpet on the treads and getting it stretched over the trackless, pulled out his staple gun and bang, bang, bang, fixed that problem. Every staple he used is now showing up black as the air flows through those holes in the backing.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
they all restrict airflow

the evo is just too light to stay planted (it does better than most realise imo) the better extracting wands have enough head weight to stay planted though
Makes sense.

But what about the Sapphire 12” and the Mach 12 that seems about as light as the Evo? Do they have more head weight?

I know I’m overthinking. It’s what I do.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Makes sense.

But what about the Sapphire 12” and the Mach 12 that seems about as light as the Evo? Do they have more head weight?

I know I’m overthinking. It’s what I do.
More head weight and different style keeps the wand on carpet. The EVO suffers from chatter on all the boards and facebook groups. They all can't be wrong.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom