How importance is it for motor size to blower size for proper air flow?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The vacuum on a truckmount is about a lot of things other than blower size and motor size.

You do need a motor that has enough horsepower to keep up with the design of the system, but the plumbing, pulleys, system vac relief, tank and filter design are ALL part of the correct equation.

How else do you think my system is capable of running 2 wands at #12 flow total with neither tech being able to tell there is another wand on the truckmount operating, supplying smokin' hot temps to each wand?

Reactions: Ed Valentine

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
The vacuum on a truckmount is about a lot of things other than blower size and motor size.

You do need a motor that has enough horsepower to keep up with the design of the system, but the plumbing, pulleys, system vac relief, tank and filter design are ALL part of the correct equation.

How else do you think my system is capable of running 2 wands at #12 flow total with neither tech being able to tell there is another wand on the truckmount operating, supplying smokin' hot temps to each wand?

Hey Bob, which of your system is on steriods?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
My slide-in TM that I purchased new in 1984 from Cleaning Technologies in Georgia.

It was completely re-designed but still uses a Cat 290 high pressure pump - 60-1200 PSI @ 3.5 GPM, a Roots #45 blower over-driven but runs at 3000 RPM to conserve fuel, and still puts out full CFM and lift. It uses a 240,000 BTU auto light LP heater with 5000 PSI coil for long life and an afterburner circuit to make it more efficient (even heat with no heat spikes ever).

She has way over 20,000 hours and runs like a new one.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
My slide-in TM that I purchased new in 1984 from Cleaning Technologies in Georgia.

It was completely re-designed but still uses a Cat 290 high pressure pump - 60-1200 PSI @ 3.5 GPM, a Roots #45 blower over-driven but runs at 3000 RPM to conserve fuel, and still puts out full CFM and lift. It uses a 240,000 BTU auto light LP heater with 5000 PSI coil for long life and an afterburner circuit to make it more efficient (even heat with no heat spikes ever).

She has way over 20,000 hours and runs like a new one.
Picture?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The key to a powerful and long lasting machine is simplicity, top notch components, and a free flowing path at both the suction end and the discharge end of the vacuum blower.

Since I use a separate heat source (LP), there is nothing in the discharge end of the blower except plenty of space. I am using a 4" in diameter Stoddard discharge silencer coming out of a 2.5" opening on the vacuum blower, which does not compress the discharge air one bit.

There is a thermal relief valve in the high pressure pump loop, so when you set the wand down the loop doesn't ever over-heat the pump.

Having a separate 240,000 BTU auto-light LP heater, we can melt chewing gum and candle wax using dual wands on the coldest Ohio winter day.

Power comes from a Honda GX-670 motor.

Finally, the APO is the bomb. It can run every day for weeks with no attention to the filter as it is self-cleaning.

No, she ain't pretty, but she is long ago paid for (35 years to be exact), hot, reliable and practical.

scotty747

Henry David Thoreau was talking to Ralph Waldo Emerson, who was much older, and said "the secret to life is simplicity, simplicity, simplicity." To which Emerson said "Henry. I think one simplicity would have done. " The simpler the truckmount the better.

Reactions: Cleanworks

FredC

Village Idiot
Do you have that quote inscribed on the on the dash of your Model T?

Back
Top Bottom