How important is it to lube blower with wd-40 etc?

Able 1 said:
YOU are probably better off going to the supplier.. The front heat exchanger is BRASS!! At what point did you say f-it I'll just pull as hard as I can instead of cutting the hose off :roll: ? :oops: At least the front one is the cheapest..

That is about what happened. The hose has already been cut once. The key to getting it off is to wrench the fitting off, but then it needs to be sweated back on. So really I should not be messing with it.

Yes it was the brass one so about 275 or so to replace.

Lucky for me they had one in stock.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I have run 2 steamways and now an old V. None of these units get a lube job at the end of the day. Once in awhile I run garden hose through blower at idle since Vawter suggested it yrs ago.

Unles you overflow the wastetank alot dont worry about it.

Billy

Name
BH
I have always used Penzoil lube for blower lube until they quit manufacturing it now I use Liquid Wrench.

I probably overkill lube since I use pretty much before any shut down just in case I forget. I am sure I do go thru more this way but it seems to work or at least it has for more than 18yrs.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I have never used lube on any of the 15+ machines I have owned,

I have never had a blower problem, some of my machines where on

the second truck with over 10,000 hours on the original blower.

akgolfpro

Look into CorrosionX for displaceing moisture in the blower and was told Diesel fuel was the best thing to clean it out! The diesel fuel sounds kinda weird but he had 30+ years in dealing with blowers and his dad had the business before him!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom