How is your work?

How busy you are in this period....been busy July, August...but now seems to slow down...expected lots of work before Christmas...forecasts of a new recession giving peoples worries of money? what do you think?

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
We are always busy because 50 percent of our business is commercial work.
If you feel slow get to the streets and get some commercial work, it is not that hard.
A gym just opened up 4 blocks from my house, i went in gave them my promo materials and now Iam their cleaner for carpet and VCT. December will be our first clean and it is a nice payday. Whenever a new business opens I always pop in with my promo stuff. About ten percent of the time I get business, I even had a customer call me a year after I dropped my promo. You never know!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ebbs and flows.

November has historically been my busiest month....Or at least the biggest money maker.

I cut less discounts when we're busy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
While this business is not "recession proof" like folks used to believe, I have found it to be a bit more "recession resistant" than others. My market has always seen a slow down in Sept and it sometimes will go into the first week or two of Oct. One of the first things you learn, if you are lucky, is how to NOT get all skitzoid during the slow times. It's hard not to, but eventually you learn.

Until you get used to it (I am assuming you are a new business), I would encourage you avoid print media and as much of the radio and TV news as you can, because the media sensationalizes the bear markets and underplays the bulls. All it will do is psych you out. Not participating is bear markets is an art you have to learn and it takes time.

Something you may want to consider is to check out Service Monster. This is a inexpensive internet based customer management software program that many of us who post here use. Their customer contact marketing software can be of great use for you in smoothing out the valleys. Check it out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Marty. At least for us, the last half of September and first part of October are traditionally slower periods up until the Holiday cleaning begins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom