how long has this truck been around

G

To my knowledge they have made a monster machine since the late 80's. I had one of their machines in 1989. It was a piece of junk and when I needed parts it was hard getting them. I would never own a Steamaction unit again. I think their problem is that they always come out with a different unit and they never get the bugs worked out.

They may be better today.

Dave

steve g

Name
steve garrett
if its anything like their big 3 or 4 wand HX unit it will suck, they use these boiler tubes across the top of the machine that are not rated for any more than like 150psi, the machine is just too big you need to haul it on a goose neck trailer,

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We run 4 of these machines. They are loud, big and ugly, That being said we still run 2 we got in the mid 80’s ( Nike Dual) 1 about 5-7 years old (Stealth Fighter) and 1 about a year old (Stealth Fighter).

Never a problem getting parts or questions answered. They are made to last a long time. There is not much down time with them however we do winter maintenance and strip the van down pull the units out replace the carpet inspect EVERYTHING, if it wears it goes. Not a big deal to have a van off line in the winter but to do the same thing in the summer would kill.

All in All we like them they are quirky but who isn’t? We had a chemspec 860 ran it for 600 hours and traded it in for the newest one it just wasn’t holding up well.

Tony Neville

G

I have been running the sam 2 since spring of 2000.
Its been a very good machine. It has a ford 4 cylinder motor, cat pump and large tuthill blower.Plenty of heat and it really sucks. It really is a beast that I think will last a long time. I am not at all mechanically inclined,yet have been able to do all the maintenance and repairs myself as I am owner operator living in rural Tennessee about 3 hours from nearest shop.

G

The big ones have more heat and suck than a vortex. There was a local one here that one used on commercial jobs that had 8 inch....YES 8 inch hose into the buildings and a #10 blower. They had it in a PeterBuilt...with 4000-5000 feet of hose. They have ran 6 wands with it at once.

Chad

G

Nope...I seen it doing a big building downton last April.

I knew it would get you all giggly.

Chad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom