How long would it have taken you?

G

greentech

Yesterday I did and residential T&G job. It took me a very long time to complete the job.

I really need to know how long it would have taken someone else to do the same job. So if you could give me an honest answer on how long you would have taken to do the same the job, it would be a GREAT help!

I would have the normal setup as anyone else, vac hose, solution hose and water hookup (100 ft). One difference, I run a 100ft extension to my heater and I "charge" my solution hose with hot water before hooking up my spinner.

3 areas within the home. About 550 sq foot total.
First area, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, bathroom and hallway.
Second area, outside landing and inside foyer.
Third area, Masterbath.

Pre-spray with Viper Venom, agitate with grout brush, then agitate with counter-rotating brush.

Spin first area, dry mop, place air mover. Move equipment to second area. Then move equipment to third area.

Hands and knees cleaning corners, tight spots where spinner did not reach. (I have a corner spinner, but find it better, faster to just use a scrubbie and wipe up)

Apply sealer to all areas.

Break down, return and store items back on truck.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.265035280215847.73146.234783769907665&type=3

The customer was very happy with the job and so was I. It just took me working by myself a very long time. I don't want to say, because I don't want to influence any answer that you might give.

Thanks, Ross

Mikey P

Administrator
Sound like what we would do.
a lot of times we'll even re clean using an acid on stained areas.

"WE"

Cut your time in half with a helper.

either way it usually take twice as long as carpet so I hope you are charging accordingly and not like the Turbo Only hacks that plague my area

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I did a very similar job on Friday solo. 4 areas - 580 sq ft. Mop down solution, no scrubbing, only spinner, fan dry, then seal all. Pull up 930, out @ 12:05. I do have a truckmount vs portable - may not be a fair comparison.

Try using HOT solution more than hot pressure. Use higher pressure instead of hotter. Should go faster.

Do what it takes to get it perfect, plan accordingly.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I would try sprinkling some DC Powder Brightener and brushing into the grout lines after prespraying.

It should lessen the acid cleaner process.

Larry

RickL

Assuming this was all one level and not very long distances apart and that the floor just had dirt on it. No wax, mop n glow or other topical. I also would be done in about 2 1/2 hours and would scrub the grout lines with a T&G brush.
Putting down the sealer doesn't take long at all as I spray down Cobb's ,squeegee into grout lines wipe excess repeat.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Just did a very similar 604sf last week. The subcontractor opted to seal himself. It took us 1.5 hours moved furniture in one roon only. If we had sealed u could add on another 1-1.5 hrs.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i would guess 4hrs 1 man and i would have been happy between 4 and 5 hundred bucks

so tell us how long did it take ya

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I cleaned 1300sf in a salon the other day, just cleaned, another guy applied a sealant.
Arrived at 1, left around 730-8, took a while to get going and a break, so about 5hrs I'd say. It was my 2nd large job, presprayed with S&G and O2, CRB'd and rinsed at 800PSI.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Tile is going to take what it takes. Just set up and take down is close to an hour if your prepping right. If the job was satisfactory to the customer and you then you spent the right amount of time.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
a job that small would take us 1 - 1.5 hrs including moving furniture. we move, spray with bridgepoint power break boosted with 40 volumne and rinse at 1100 psi. never found a need to scrub. very rarely will we have to pull out an acid to remove something. the pre-spray will do all the work if mixed properly.

gene

Back
Top Bottom