How many carpet cleaning companies are there within your service area? (all zip codes that you ser

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
How many carpet cleaning companies are there within your service area? (all zip codes that you service).

What are you doing differently that will make people choose YOU? (and don't say quality. Everyone thinks they're the best!)

Niche.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
About a third of them will be gone this time next year. You can't really help all of them.

If only they had done a ride along or two before spending any money. Many suppliers in our industry prey on newbies, getting them to "invest" in various things that may or may not help them succeed.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
About a third of them will be gone this time next year. You can't really help all of them.

If only they had done a ride along or two before spending any money. Many suppliers in our industry prey on newbies, getting them to "invest" in various things that may or may not help them succeed.
That's the value of The Dye Lot ( our private Facebook page where our trainees receive ongoing support).

You're 100% correct… most of the frauds will be gone by this time next year. Good point, Lee.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
How many carpet cleaning companies are there within your service area? (all zip codes that you service).
Less than 40% of people have ever hired a Professional to clean their carpets or floors. Plenty of room for good cleaners in the world.
Percentage of people who have ever had a carpet dyed? Some fraction of 1 percent if you are being honest.
Dying Carpets is a niche at best and for most of us dyeing is an add on at most.

Reactions: Willy P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Redding has over 50 cleaners with a population of 90k and another 50k in the rural areas. I don't worry about them much. They do keep it fun for me. My goal is to acquire 1% of the population. I think I'm going to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Howell
Name
BradFenstermaker
Hard to tell. Guessing it is 30-40. They come and go every year or so.
We do what say we are gonna do. Respect their home and client.
I try to never clean against the clock. Everyone gets the best I can produce.
You win some ya lose some on jobs we do our best.

I have a couple cleaners we can count on for support when needed. I support them if needed.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Thanks for the replies. I admire you guys. It's tough when you're competing with so many other companies that are all offering the same service. We're fortunate that we don't have any competition. But then again, we're not carpet cleaners.

I wish you guys the best success in 2017! Knock 'em dead! :smile:

Here's a little marketing tip for those of you who are interested:

Churches are a great source of business. They typically have high volumes of traffic and a limited budget for maintaining their carpets (since they depend on charitable contributions to survive). You can approach a church and determine how much you want to complete the job. Say the price that you want to charge is $700 to clean the sanctuary and hallways. You can quote them $1,200.00 to do the entire job and tell them that you would like to give a $500 donation back to the church toward whatever ministry they would like to apply it to. That way you're getting the price that you want for the job, the church is getting their carpet cleaned for a fair price AND getting a contribution back toward their ministries, and you're getting a tax write-off. And it's totally legit.

We've used this strategy many times, though we do it [of course] with dyeing and color restoration services, not cleaning.

Here's a church job that we recently did where we employed this marketing strategy. Church carpet was "spot cleaned" by a janitorial company which ended up bleaching out spots all over the carpet. We repaired the spots, then re-dyed the entire carpet to pull it all together.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
This thread was brought to you by Tom Vu.......... Take MY SEMINAR! You can make MILLIONS!

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Thanks for the replies. I admire you guys. It's tough when you're competing with so many other companies that are all offering the same service. We're fortunate that we don't have any competition. But then again, we're not carpet cleaners.

I wish you guys the best success in 2017! Knock 'em dead! :smile:

Here's a little marketing tip for those of you who are interested:

Churches are a great source of business. They typically have high volumes of traffic and a limited budget for maintaining their carpets (since they depend on charitable contributions to survive). You can approach a church and determine how much you want to complete the job. Say the price that you want to charge is $700 to clean the sanctuary and hallways. You can quote them $1,200.00 to do the entire job and tell them that you would like to give a $500 donation back to the church toward whatever ministry they would like to apply it to. That way you're getting the price that you want for the job, the church is getting their carpet cleaned for a fair price AND getting a contribution back toward their ministries, and you're getting a tax write-off. And it's totally legit.

We've used this strategy many times, though we do it [of course] with dyeing and color restoration services, not cleaning.

Here's a church job that we recently did where we employed this marketing strategy. Church carpet was "spot cleaned" by a janitorial company which ended up bleaching out spots all over the carpet. We repaired the spots, then re-dyed the entire carpet to pull it all together.

View attachment 68724

View attachment 68725

View attachment 68726

View attachment 68727

View attachment 68728
Sign me up! That's more profitable than carpet dyeing! :rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom