how many customers do you have

rcl1006

how many steady customers do you have residential and commercial.

after your first year how many did you get that turned into steady work

whats the percentage rate of how often do you service them

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
when i sold my business...
i had 1265 STEADY customers....MOST of which would clean at LEAST four times a year ..some more!
PLUS the ones
that came in new!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rcl1006 said:
how many steady customers do you have residential and commercial.

after your first year how many did you get that turned into steady work

Service Monster.....Sign up now.....then sign up for Full Circle to answer your phones.

They both help keep the steady customers ....Steady.

They both help turn potential customers into customers.

Service Monster tracks all this for you and sooo much more.

Full Circle is more than just an answering service.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
if they called you three times..if grand pa called once..and grandson called once..they are just warm leads to me. I either have to clean someone three times or get three ref's. They all get the same 5 star service..but its the 80 20 rule that matters

Able 1

Name
Keith
rcl1006 said:
how many steady customers do you have residential and commercial.1,000 give or take

after your first year how many did you get that turned into steady work. First year sucked and I wasn't very "good" myself, I might have retained 30% (cole's rate), but now I live off repeat and referral's..

Once or twice a year is the average here

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
This is our 3rd year
We sent out 700 cards
This is trimmed down to what we feel are our regulars
Some move away etc etc
Takes awhile to get some that's for sure

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
handdi said:
This is our 3rd year
We sent out 700 cards
This is trimmed down to what we feel are our regulars
Some move away etc etc
Takes awhile to get some that's for sure

3rd year...?
700....not bad 8)

send the very SAME reminder card
four times a year......

AND BTW.......i was ALWAYS calling with the spiel...
"my records show that you're 'bout due.......bla..bla...bla......."

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Bob why the personal attack? ..youre not on the beach somewhere after 40 years of business ? You're doing something wrong. And equipment doesn't make money..marketing and good work does. I would put my first years P & L numbers against anyone's. I borrowed 600 to get a used machine and i had pink fliers and 3 gallons of soap. For someone who has NEVER cleaned before..i did fantastic.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
lust1kiddo said:
Bob why the personal attack? ..youre not on the beach somewhere after 40 years of business ? You're doing something wrong. And equipment doesn't make money..marketing and good work does. I would put my first years P & L numbers against anyone's. I borrowed 600 to get a used machine and i had pink fliers and 3 gallons of soap. For someone who has NEVER cleaned before..i did fantastic.

if you think that was a personal attack....
you havn't been here long..... :lol:
OK not in alphabetical order...
i'll TRY to answer yor question...

1.....one year
B....$600 machine
3....soap
finally....your equipment IS the most important thing you own.....
cuz i don care HOW MUCH determination you got....
it ain't gonna clean carpet correctly

BTW....i was IN business OVER 40 years and sold my bidness.......NOW i BUILD the best damn Truck Mount on the planet........

bestfrontmachine.jpg

Mike Draper

bob vawter said:
lust1kiddo said:

if you think that was a personal attack....
you havn't been here long..... :lol:
OK not in alphabetical order...
i'll TRY to answer yor question...

1.....one year
B....$600 machine
3....soap
finally....your equipment IS the most important thing you own.....
cuz i don care HOW MUCH determination you got....
it ain't gonna clean carpet correctly

BTW....i was IN business OVER 40 years and sold my bidness.......NOW i BUILD the best damn Truck Mount on the planet........

bestfrontmachine.jpg

You build the Judson Truckmount??? shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You build the Judson Truckmount???
No i don't.......Les does....and i believe that his slide-in units are the best slide in machines being built right now.......HOWEVER i.......feeling that the Direct Drive is a another system to consider when chosing a TM........build the Steam Genie 47 Direct Drive! somewhat amus

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
here is the thing bob...i don't have any questions. I only have my own experience that's it. Fabulous for you that you build the best truck mount..thats very admirable....like a little bit, maybe somewhere on Gods green. I dont believe in power washing carpets with those things, and they're definitely not going to let you in to the Dakota with that he haw outside. The right mix of chems will do the job right. Thats how roll..and I need a porti to get into those old brownstones. Point is, please dont take my inventory..because I'm thoroughly not impressed with you. I'm happy, I have the best life..this business is a ******* breeze compared to others I have had..and I'm done with this conversation. ok Pal?

Becker

Name
Becker
I think lust1 would be a good ad writer. Or greeting cards. Or obit writer. Or sing writer. Carpet cleaning is not your calling.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
lust1kiddo said:
here is the thing bob...i don't have any questions. I only have my own experience that's it. Fabulous for you that you build the best truck mount..thats very admirable....like a little bit, maybe somewhere on Gods green. I dont believe in power washing carpets with those things, and they're definitely not going to let you in to the Dakota with that he haw outside. The right mix of chems will do the job right. Thats how roll..and I need a porti to get into those old brownstones. Point is, please dont take my inventory..because I'm thoroughly not impressed with you. I'm happy, I have the best life..this business is a ******* breeze compared to others I have had..and I'm done with this conversation. ok Pal?

CarFuL...bAwB is a MEAN old bAstuRD.... :shock:

Why don't you fly to MicHigAn...?
You could RIDE his BUS.... :idea:
He will show you HOW HE ROLLS...... :mrgreen:

f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVBxKWvqEjUf]

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Becker said:
I think lust1 would be a good ad writer. Or greeting cards. Or obit writer. Or sing writer. Carpet cleaning is not your calling.
have we considred...........a Walmart Greeter!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
lust1kiddo said:

CarFuL...bAwB is a MEAN old bAstuRD.... :shock:

Why don't you fly to MicHigAn...?
You could RIDE his BUS.... :idea:
He will show you HOW HE ROLLS...... :mrgreen:

s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVBxKWvqEjUs]
DAMN he's leakin'......

Mikey P

Administrator
Bawb, I dont think I would be messing with a guy who specializes in Amagansett/Madeline Weinrib Rug Cleaning, he'll flatten your ass with those ninja skills.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Dude.... Lust1- I think bob forgot more about this business than what you will learn in your first five years. I think you should learn from him and others that KNOW that a truckmount is not a "pressure washing/hosing down" the carpet method.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
lust1kiddo said:
does ANYONE know WTF he jus sED????

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Zalan..it was a figure of speech..i think just maybe my NY ass is a lottle too quick for some of you other folks. He was making fun of my machine..its a regular porti..I don't use a truck mount. My point is there is more than one way to skin a cat..and neither BOB nor MYSELF have a monopoly on all the good ideas. Any successful business man will tell you that. I'm not going to assume that just because someone was doing what I am for a bazillion years before me that they are the end all. I totally respect everyone's place until they don't respect mine. And sorry that you guys don't know what The Dakota is..but I am not going to decipher what I wrote. And if you want to call it cocky..than fine. I'm just sharing my personal experience.

S

sam miller

lust1kiddo said:

Dude I feel You man! I new what the Dakota is who got shot in front of it John Lennon? Brownstones it's like any apartment or high rise and limited parking! a porty a scrubber and blower and the right chems and training your set.

Personally I like doing residential year round with a truckmount and would never go back to using a portable. But if I were there in Your shoes feeding my family I would do what I had to do. Good luck!

What's that old IICUC Cleaning Pie? Heat, Time, Mechanical action Ie scrubbing, Chemicals, Where ever You lack in the pie you increase somewhere else.

No heat? scrub chemy's and time.

S

sam miller

ooops almost forgot number one Vacuum first! finish with a blower and give customers shoe covers and remind them hard surfaces are slippery.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Whole thing started about me saying that unless someone calls three times they arent a client. When I go to someone's house and they havent had there stuff cleaned in 5 years..and thats how they want to do it, then they are NOT a client. If I go do the upholstery, then 3 months later they call me to do the rugs..and pass my name to someone and THEY call me..then the original person is a client..until then they are just warm leads. I do the work the same no matter what, but someone who calls once every 7 years is not a client...just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom