How many floors on a high rise have u done with a truckmount

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
and you can only come up the outside of the building. No hoses on the stairwell.

any tricks on securing hose so it doesn't wipe out someone or thing below?

Customer wants 1st ten floors to be cleaned with a truckmount and 2nd ten with portable.

6/7 floors has been highest with truckmount in the past.

We use hooks and bungees to stabilize hoses.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: How many floors on a high rise have u done with a truckm

I have cleaned all the halls/open areas of a condo up to 10 floors several times. The first time I did it I had just regular cuffs and held the sections together with velcro straps and a hose hook at the top with a bunjee cord just for extra security. The last couple of times I had latching cool cuffs so no need for the straps I only used the hose hook/bunjee cord at the top.

We simply started at the top and when we got to the end of a row I handed the hoses down to my helper on the next floor below. No big deal really as long as you have help.

Ps I did have one of the vacuum hoses tear on me right where it dropped over the side from the weight. That only happened once though and it was old hose and it didn't tear enough to fall.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

10-floors also, we duct taped all connections and tied off the vac & solution hose with rope on each floor.
I'd prefer the outside than the stairwell, hopefully less traffic on them.

Mike Draper

I cleaned 3 stories up once :oops: I had to use 2 HOOKS 8)

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach

I've done 5 stories up the stairwell. That's about as high as they get here. Best to go straight up so it's not actually on the stairs.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

I wouldn't trust any cuff on its own.
Too many disaster scenario rush through my brain.

I actually tie each section end to the other (there is also a Velcro attachment they sell just for that.)
And try to find an area to secure the top of each hose run on its own. I'd rather play it safe.
Just like what Richard described.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani

I was up 6 floors once and only had the top hooked. (It was an apartment complex and we had no access to the floors below.) had the vac hose actually tear in half near the top. Thank god no one was standing nearby when it fell. Make sure you tie it off on a couple of the other floors. We usually carried a rope that my helper would lower down and i would tie the hoses on and feed em up.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Our record I believe was 29 floors up with our butlers- but the longest hose run was on a 10-12 story where we had 800 ft hose runs with 4-6 butlers running them over a 4th of july weekend.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Wow! We don't even have buildings that tall here.

800ft X6 that's a lot, we've done 600 and 2-400's many times and it was a mess of hose. thathurts

Willy P

Name
Willy P

No high rises in Vancouver...... :shock:
You have to use a decent porty. I was working on the 32nd floor in one building yesterday, doing the common areas in 2 high rises next week. I couldn't imagine farting around with all those hoses.

Richard is coming up to work as my helper for a couple of weeks to learn the ancient secrets of portydom. !gotcha!

vancouver-city-skyline.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Richard is coming up to work as my helper for a couple of weeks to learn the ancient secrets of portydom.
I've been fetch boy before.

Carry the fresh water and dump the waste water. Feed the hampster that drives the vac motor and replace the rubber band that drives the pump when it breaks.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin

I am impressed. I don't think I would have tried, probaly just used a porty.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Doc Holliday said:
Richard is coming up to work as my helper for a couple of weeks to learn the ancient secrets of portydom.
I've been fetch boy before.

Carry the fresh water and dump the waste water. Feed the hampster that drives the vac motor and replace the rubber band that drives the pump when it breaks.

Naw - it's all run on two flashlight batteries. shiteatinggrin

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

Had a guy in Melbourne with the same machine as mine, (liquid ring vac;), went up to the 23rd floor via the fire escape a few years back, (like about 12).

He did the Australian Taxation Office, your equivalent of the (I think) Internal Revenue.

harryhides

Name
Tony

We did 30 floors up one time ( straight down the stairwell, no wind there ) just to see if we could do it.
I would not be in a rush to go outside.

We had good pressure and vac was no problem as it was all downhill.
Had a hose reel on wheels, in the elevator, dropped and tied off hoses, took 30 mins to set up and worked like a charm. Now we use a new fangled Norwegian electric gizmo which works great.

F

FB7777

8 Stories is the highest I've done with truckmounts

Going outside the building would be harder than running it straight up the stairs IMO

You'd have to pull the hoses out each floor and pull it back on the floor below.... seems like a pain.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

6 floors outside. I have a dedicated a 100 foot 2" vac hose with locking cuffs, and duct taped, for that vac drop to the ground. I will always use the stairwells. Way too much liability IF the hose should fall and some jackass is walking below. Also use the hose hooks and extra tie offs. Then I use a 100 foot rope to lower to the ground when finished. I once knocked a plastic wastebasket out the window to the ground. I was using it to hold up the fr4iggin broken window. Once the vac hose is under pressure, it is pretty safe from falling. I also use a smooth flow elbow (cut in half) at the window ledge so that the hose doesn't kink.

Billy

Name
BH

I don't remember our highest but I believe it is around 10 floors outside.

1. We never clean high without a person watching from ground level for safety.
2. We use existing hose & cuffs along with a safety rope that holds hoses together by there ribs just in case a cuff disconnects or pulls off hose. Incidentally this works well since we had our cool cuffs FAIL disconnecting while dropping down after job was completed on last high rise 8 floors. My safety rope kept the hose safely attached to lower safely.
3. We always charge a higher minimum rate on high rise jobs.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker

Some place i read that guys will use pvc pipe. Not sure how you would do it. How about at home measure off each floor height and put in an elbow at each floor then cap it. Then just remove each cap when ready to do that floor.

They must come in 12 ft sections or similiar. Just slide together at job and tie to building at the 10th floor and at bottom thru window. OK maybe a couple between. Not sure about the extra air in the pipe your not using or if you need a shutoff valve above each elbow. I dont think you would need a shutoff as long as the top was capped.

I always thought if i did a lot of high rises that would be the way to go.

Billy

Name
BH

GCP said:
10 stories up wow pretty high. use a porty.

The worst part is how heavy the hose gets pulling it up :shock:

Name
Al

We have done 20,000 Sq/ft on the tenth floor many times. We use 4'' pvc pipe up the outside, tied off on each floor. The pipe has a coupling guled to one end and we duck tape the other side of the coupling. We have T's and hose nipples on the top and bottom ends. We hook two vortexs to the bottom and two hoses to the top. All this can be found at Home Depot or where ever. Our two solution lines are tied together using 1/4 rope and dropped down. This puts all the presure on the rope not the hose. It takes 4 guys about 1/2 and hour to set-up. We run two wands and sometimes RX20's. When we do this job we are given one day to clean and be dry. We have not failed.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien

Thanks for the tips guys. I plan on bringing the hoses and solution line up in the elevator and dropping down with safety ropes attached.
I'll take some pictures if i remember. somewhat amus

Jeez ken 29 floors up :lol:

Billy

Name
BH

We don't usually have access to every floor when setting up on condo/lofts so we just use hose with a safety line at each cuff connection. As for solution ours is one complete live run so it has to be pulled up with rope.

I like the PVC ideas if we ever get a whole building with multiple floors.

Bob Foster

albradham said:
We have done 20,000 Sq/ft on the tenth floor many times. We use 4'' pvc pipe up the outside, tied off on each floor. The pipe has a coupling guled to one end and we duck tape the other side of the coupling. We have T's and hose nipples on the top and bottom ends. We hook two vortexs to the bottom and two hoses to the top. All this can be found at Home Depot or where ever. Our two solution lines are tied together using 1/4 rope and dropped down. This puts all the presure on the rope not the hose. It takes 4 guys about 1/2 and hour to set-up. We run two wands and sometimes RX20's. When we do this job we are given one day to clean and be dry. We have not failed.

Al by any chance do you have pictures of this set up?

postaldave

With my Big Red, Ive run 700feet of 2inch hose up 16 stories , starting from the parking lot. over grass lawn up between the stairs railings straight up. tied the hose off at each floor on to railings, top floor ran 110feet down the hall, to clean all the Halls on all levels, using a 24inch wide drag wand, Machine had a auto pump out. Made the mistake of bidding the the job,and forgot to add the 2hrs set up time. and take down time on that job. Took me 45minets to clean each Hallway. Postaldave.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom