How many homes in your service area?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Around 400k households, not sure of how many competitors.
About once every other day a cleaning something files a DBA.

Dont pay attention too much, I'm very narrow minded :biggrin:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
  1. Burlington County
    County in New Jersey
  2. Burlington County is a county located in the U.S. state of New Jersey. The county is the largest in New Jersey by area, and its county seat is Mount Holly Township.
  3. Area: 819 mi² (2,121 km²)
  4. Population: 450,838 (2013

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Now approaching 3 weeks booked out HARD! People willing to wait, or we are also doing all we can to take care of them.

HOW MANY CLEANERS?
City:
About 10 locally in the small town, and a bunch out of the areas (30-60 miles away) that try to get into the area
County and surrounding area: would guess over 50 trying to service the area with cleaning services, but not as many dominating the Carpet cleaning services part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Rapids,_Minnesota

OUR COMMUNITY
As of the census of 2010, there were 10,869 people, 4,615 households, and 2,633 families residing in the city. The population density was 481.8 inhabitants per square mile (186.0/km2). There were 4,910 housing units at an average density of 217.6 per square mile (84.0/km2).

There were 4,615 households
Historically, the local economy was based on timber harvesting, and to this day, Blandin Paper Mill, now owned by the Finnish-based UPM paper company, has its papermaking facilities in downtown Grand Rapids, while Ainsworth (formerly Potlach) located just outside of the city limits, produced oriented strand board until it ceased operation in September 2006.

The Mesabi Range or Iron Range region of Minnesota begins with one iron mine to the southwest and a number to the northeast of the city. Although technically and geographically a member of the Iron Range, Grand Rapids and its economy has been historically based on paper manufacturing and other wood products. Its current economy also has a large tourist footing, with many local resorts, four golf courses, over one million acres (4,000 km²) of public and industrial forestlands that provide excellent regional hunting, and more than 1,000 lakes for fishing. It also is the service center for 46,000 people due to a large seasonal and weekend population of summer residences on surrounding lakes, and a number of smaller bedroom communities located near Grand Rapids.

Grand Rapids was the first rural city in Minnesota to be served by an Advanced Life Support Ambulance Service.[

OUR COUNTY
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 2,928 square miles (7,580 km2), of which 2,668 square miles (6,910 km2) is land and 260 square miles (670 km2) (8.9%) is water. It is the third-largest county in Minnesota by land area.

As of the census of 2000, there were 43,992 people, 17,789 households, and 12,381 families residing in the county. The population density was 16 people per square mile (6/km²). There were 24,528 housing units at an average density of 9 per square mile (4/km²).

The median income for a household in the county was $36,234, and the median income for a family was $44,025. Males had a median income of $37,066 versus $22,327 for females. The per capita income for the county was $17,717. About 7.70% of families and 10.60% of the population were below the poverty line including 13.60% of those under age 18 and 8.80% of those age 65 or over.

Reactions: Mikey P

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Lots of homes/people and $$$

Many cleaners, but we don't care. Plenty of work for all of us and everyone has a different target demographic. We probably have less "competition" based on the demographic we target.

We aren't as busy as we could be, but not because the work isn't there or available. But we are ok with that.

We work with the other cleaners in our area, not against them. You never know when you may need them. We refer work to others and share equipment with them and they with us. It's a beautiful thing.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
We work with the other cleaners in our area, not against them. You never know when you may need them. We refer work to others and share equipment with them and they with us. It's a beautiful thing.

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost

Abundance mentality will always out-perform a scarcity mentality.... good for the Burdicks!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We refer work to others and share equipment with them and they with us. It's a beautiful thing.
group-hug_zpsftmb19dv.jpe

Its pretty much like that here too.

Well, as a joke mind you...we flip each other off.
Oh and occasionally steal each others clients.
There might be a bit of trash talking on each other also.
BUT in a pinch you can be sure we can call each other for help when needed. :oldrolleyes:

Its a much much different environment here. Very, very competitive. Like a pack of dogs fighting for scraps! :errf:

Although I do need to compensate one of the local competitors who referred us two water losses last week. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shane Deubell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yeah, a couple cleaners locally we are cool with like meg.
But most its super cut throat. These guys would stab your eye out for a good commercial account.

Treat most of them like mushrooms, feed them $hit and keep 'em in the dark :biggrin:

Name
Nate W.
Its pretty much like that here too.

Well, as a joke mind you...we flip each other off.
Oh and occasionally steal each others clients.
There might be a bit of trash talking on each other also.
BUT in a pinch you can be sure we can call each other for help when needed. :oldrolleyes:

Its a much much different environment here. Very, very competitive. Like a pack of dogs fighting for scraps! :errf:

Although I do need to compensate one of the local competitors who referred us two water losses last week. :biggrin:

So they get the double bird?!?

I believe it's over 1million... We have a housing shortage and 22 new high rise condos sold out.... New sub divisions getting built, but that traffic will only get worse.... We have a few who bring us rugs... Some who asked if we wanted 50% of there jobs, when the total job doesn't even cover our minimum..... A lot of fly-by-night companies doing pretty sh!tty work.... I'll chit chat if at a distributors while looking over there equipment.....

We're pretty cool with loaning equipment, chemicals and Dye..... A local carpet dyer didn't have a color and asked us for some, all we asked was to replace what he used when it came in..... Douche bag gives us back our dye container with the label damaged and unreadable...... Some peoples children I tell you....... Next time he's taking a long walk off a short pier.......

I'm tired of finishing last, but I can't help being nice...... :dejection:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom