How many HWE cleaners here are portables only?

Connor

Name
Connor
I mean that you do not use any truck mounted equipment, just what you can roll into the customers property. Of course, having prescrub equipment is ok, but you only use a porty to extract.

Are there any porty only shops?

What kind of machines do you use?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Willy.
He has mostly high rise accounts, TM's wouldn't work very well (neither does Willy :p ) and so he is forced to be a portable guy.
"Not that there's anything wrong with it"

:mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I started my HWE business with portables only....Sucked...and not in the way you think.

If I have an "un-reachable" job....OP is the way to go.....Even if you're anal and want to rinse with a porty after..But there's no point in that.

Less equipment to haul around, better clean, easier clean for tech, less noise and bucket brigade, ,more convenient for custy....Dry times etc.....there's no end to benefits of OP compared to porty.

Experience tells me this so you can tell me all you want otherwise....You know who you are. :lol:

Just sayin 8)

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I started my HWE business with portables only....Sucked...and not in the way you think.

If I have an "un-reachable" job....OP is the way to go.....Even if you're anal and want to rinse with a porty after..But there's no point in that.

Less equipment to haul around, better clean, easier clean for tech, less noise and bucket brigade, ,more convenient for custy....Dry times etc.....there's no end to benefits of OP compared to porty.

Experience tells me this so you can tell me all you want otherwise....You know who you are. :lol:

Ya know, I purposefully said HWE cleaners in this thread. Are you related to Forest Hickman?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The carpet is always "Cleaner" when I leave...How much "Cleaner" is up to the master-debaters such as yourself.

kiwi

We only use portables.
80-90% of our jobs are in Honolulu High Rises, so theres no need for a truck mount.
We use Mytee Speedster 1005's and the new Mytee Speedster LTD5
with auto fil and drain and chemical metering and auto defoamer injection.
Don't know of any porty only stores.
I know Steambrite.com has good prices though.

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
I am one those. I have a ninja and a very old grey cimex (built like a tank) and sons as slaves. If I did not have my sons I don't think I could of lasted porties are a lot of work and slow. Hope to get a TM one day.
Richard Gagne

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was porty only up until last year for my first 5 years. I have had several portys including a recoil xps, hydroforce olympus, edic , ninja. I cant get over how better the production time is. Not only that it seems I went through a porty every 18mos because they just got beat down. The recoil xps ,while it had great vacuum was a big pos. I got into a white magic rebel with a 33 blower and northstar diesal and love it. I liked going to a tm so much I found a used steam action nike with 600 hrs on it and picked that up 6 months after my white magic just to ensure I never needed to go back to a porty.I still use the porty on a couple of commercial accounts with the cimex or when it is sub zero temps on my rentals.I suck turning aa wrench so Im glad I started with portys and didnt get forced into being a mechanic while I was still learning to clean.

Back
Top Bottom