How many of you can get your wife to clean carpet

TimP

I had no help on Saturday and I'm short on time to get my schools done so I had to have some help.

Anyways she can't push a wand long but she don't mind the RX-20. I wonder how many of you guys can get your wives to help in a pinch or do you just have to sweat it out on big jobs solo. She only ran it while I was moving furniture to keep things going.

SU1HMDAwNDAuanBn.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No thanks.......
I stay away from her desk and she stays away from my steering wheel.....and our company runs much better and so does our lives........

TimP

We probably would have a hard time working together for a prolonged period cause she gets a bit upset at being told what to do and how to do things. And then she tries to make me get things out of carpet that don't come out cause I suppose she thinks everything should come out.

She is actually a big part of my business, she does the books, pays the bills, answers the phone, and her and her mother do our taxes. But when you're a BDCC and have to get crap done it's good to have her able to help me. She's also IICRC certified in UFT, and CCT.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Mine refuses to answer phones and stuff like that but she will help me clean when I need her.

Mr.V

Pretty much the best helper I've ever had and awesome with customers

F

FB7777

wife was on the truck with me today... she works on one of the vans about 20 days of the year in addition to running the office and taking care of the kids

and she thinks she's the fortunate one 8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
do you know why your RX cord is all twisted like that?

I do

Joni worked with me a few times in the early years

that's why she still hates me today....

.L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Boy I'd have to be desperate, she is hard headed and trys to boss me around. She's a terrible employee, but a great wife, we better not work together in order to keep it that way.

Nice looking wife! :wink:

TimP

Spawn said:
do you know why your RX cord is all twisted like that?

I do

Joni worked with me a few times in the early years

that's why she still hates today....

.L.T.A.

I know why the cord is the way it is, because it's a piece of junk. I need to replace it someday soon anyhow. I need to just put a new plug on the end of the one for my cimex if I can, it has lost the ground lead. That cord is awesome so I'd like to keep it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
TimP said:
I know why the cord is the way it is, because it's a piece of junk.

that might be too
but it's cause you hand coil it from the wall plug to machine
Unplug and hand coil near the machine pulling the plug to you.
it won't twist/cure so bad

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The gray RX cord is a good cord..It is a non marring and has a good UL rated sheathing on it to help protect the lines on the inside. and Larry is correct in saying always start from the machine when rolling them up and they will not twist................When you replace the cord cap make sure it is also UL rated and you will be better in the long run.............

Becker

Name
Becker
I tested my now girlfriend of 1.5 years out 3-4 months into the relationship.

Large 6 hour comm job. One of very few I do.

She knows how to handle a hose. Rather distracting though.

John Alzubi

My wife quit her job as an optician and worked with me cleaning carpet and waxing VCT for 1 year until she took over the office. she is a big part of my business and very hard working. the best helper I ever had.

I assume your wife is working for free because you pay the bills. If you had to hire somone to do all the things she does for your business what would you pay them.

TimP

Spawn said:
TimP said:
I know why the cord is the way it is, because it's a piece of junk.

that might be too

..L.T.A.

I coil the cord up from the machine so your theory is wrong. I unplug it pull the end to the machine so I don't drag the end accross the floor, then start coiling it around the machine, pulling the cord to the machine. I've seen cords sold in stores that claim they keep from this happening. Also, I coil the cimex cord just the same and it is straight as can be. I think the wire inside is stiffer and not as pliable. Anyways you probably don't realise how many hours I've put on that RX. I used to use it for residential all the time till a few months after I bought my greenhorn. Not to mention I prescrub carpet with a pad driver with it. So it has a ton of hours and use on it, plus I'm rough on equipment.

In respeonse to Jim, for the quality of the cord the plastic on the outside is great it's the inside wire that I believe causes the rippling effect which leads me to call it junk. Functionally it's good.

TimP

I think most people who struggle with the RX (or rotary) machines are trying to muscle them or have them not set properly to their height. One of my workers complained of hurting shoulders after 5 minutes, he's a bigger guy. He was trying to muscle the machine around and probably didn't have the machine set in the right spot. Cause if you don't have it just right it will cause you to hurt. You want it to be perfectly level when you're standing comfortably to where it don't move while it's running, you want the only muscles you're using to be your fingers holding on to the handle and that's it. Then a gentle lift up and down or a twist to move it where you want to go.

I ran the machine probably 20-25 hours or so in the past 3-4 days and I've had no problems what so ever compared to a wand. And my RX is unglided.

On a side note I've found some carpet to be a problem with an RX but on CGD it's very easy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
What do you do....type to here yourself talk....I have used mine for 6.5 years and I had to replace the cord because I tore it...But it did not have one twist in it.The new one is going on 2 years old and it also has no twist...It is just proper cord management...the inside lines are doing that because of the way it is getting wrapped.....You sound like my 20 year old......"No I didn't hit the curb..I don't know how all that yellow paint got on the side of the tire".....when all you have to do is look at the tire or in your case cord and you can tell...............Kids... :roll:

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
My wife is the PERFECT bookkeeper. And that's it. No phones, no jobs. She has never been on a job even to watch for 25 years. She works for me and not with me and she prefers that. Only one leader. It works for us. Although I have to say the best 5 marketing ideas I have ever used were hers.
Al

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
some people cant do the wife thing with them and some can.....I can say the ones that can get there wife to do the bookings and take all the calls...networking and all the other BS that needs done besides all the cleanings are a step ahead....My concentration is on the cleanings and the truck...her's is on the book work side.....it is both of our jobs to bring in new clients and we both have to trust each others judgment and go with it...If I decide to throw a job for what ever reason then she has to accept it and trust my judgment and the same goes for me....If you can make it threw the first year with out killing each other or having divorce lawyers on the phone things work themselves out and you company will run much smother......

TimP

Jim Martin said:
What do you do....type to here yourself talk....I have used mine for 6.5 years and I had to replace the cord because I tore it...But it did not have one twist in it.The new one is going on 2 years old and it also has no twist...It is just proper cord management...the inside lines are doing that because of the way it is getting wrapped.....You sound like my 20 year old......"No I didn't hit the curb..I don't know how all that yellow paint got on the side of the tire".....when all you have to do is look at the tire or in your case cord and you can tell...............Kids... :roll:

All I can say is that my cimex cord is perfect, this one has been this way for a long time. I don't want to get into a pissing match about it.

But, let me put it this way. In my in-laws business they use extension cords a lot and they don't treat them right, they change them out and go through many. There are cords that do this and cords that never do this. It has everything to do with the wire inside in my opinion. When they sold you the machine they may have used a different company to supply them with their cords compared to mine 3 years ago. Hydramaster changes crap all the time. But that's my experience and you guys have your experience. I don't see why you're getting so pissy anyway.

T

The Magician

Hey Larry thanks for the tip on the cords. My airmovers are so twisted from coiling from the plug to the machine.

Name
Nate W.
Not to get off subject but my cord on my rotovac 360 also has the twist going on. I believe it's the way I coil up the cord. I'm left handed and I think that's the problem. I always coil up from the machine. Possibly the cords are twisted for right handed people. :|

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
cord twist

I've had 1 of my blower cords twist like that too even though all my blowers get wound up from the machine. I also believe it's the wires inside.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
all the time, she does 95% of all the pre-vac'ing on our CGD jobs.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Come on... why the hell would you ever coil from the outlet? My favorite is when it's spooled from hand to elbow. :shock:

The Preacher

my wife helped me with the apt turn this past week. she mostly vacuumed and ran the hand OP on stairs.

we did over 2k in 3 days. all VLM bonnet cleaning!!! :D

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
t
hat might be too

I tell my helper that all the time but he's hard headed and doesn't beleive me.

As a last resort my wife works with me once in a great while to vacuum a commercial job. I don't like it and either does she. She does phones and office stuff. I give her shit about having invoices all over the damn house. She's good on the phones but at least 1 out of 5 tickets have either a mispelled name, wrong address ...ect. Just had an argument over all the freakin pet hair all over the place. Bath towels, couches. The freakin bed for gods sake. Why dogs have to sleep on every couch in the house I don't know. As if they don't have it good enough already. Maybe we'll become broke enough that we have to eat them.

Damn I'm feeling bitter :x

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom