how many of you carpet cleaners have ever seen an ocean?

seen an ocean with my own eyes.

• Total voters

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
We have the Great Salt Lake here in Utah, does that count? Ivebeensold

John Watson

When the tide recedes, my table is set!!! Born and raised on the bounties of the ocean.. Had 2 Brothers drown in the seas of Alaska.. My grandmother was born in a dory rowed by her mother and 8 year old sister in the Gulf of Alaska.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Spent my grade-school years in North Hollywood, I remember Newport, Redondo, Long Beach (vaguely). Boogie-boarded in Hawaii, also flew up to Victoria BC years ago and fished for Salmon at a place called Cigarette Cove Lodge (now it's Harrison's Cove Lodge). Rocky Point Mexico and Alaska too.

And I've watched Deadliest Catch....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
TimM said:
We have the Great Salt Lake here in Utah, does that count? Ivebeensold

never actually been to the GSL...been to antelope a few times.....just never got in the lake...to dam much salt ick

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Atlantic, the Gulf and Pacific..... its been a while.

Doug... I went wake boarding in the great salt lake.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The California to see the Pacific a few times and the Gulf several times even made it to Acapulco and saw north pacific ocean but never the Atlantic.

I've been close, made it to DC but that's all the further I made it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Being a native Bay Area kid...I've seen plenty of water.

During and after High School spent every weekend in Santa Cruz...Either with my truck or my Shovel Head.

Been to the board walk more times than I can remember since I was too young to remember. I saw Y&T on the stage for the first time.
Dave Menaketi (sp) was on my radio show in Cupertino
We were scheduled to open for them at the Caberet in Sant Clara...But it canceled. Broke my heart.

I've been all up and down Hwy 1....we almost road back from Oregon that way but took the Mt Shast route instead.

I've been to SF Pier 39 more times than I can remember as well. Cleaned carpets with a porty. A gay dude showed me his pecker on his computer "accidently" :shock:

Been over the Golden Gate, the Bay Bridge and every small bridge in the area. I lived in Oakland, Fremont, Sacramento, San Jose, Santa CLara (go Niners).....I miss home in a bad way and I live here in hell on earth TX.

No Really.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
wow sorry to hear about your losses John :!:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
pretty much every single day and fish it or play in it at least 3-4 times a week for the last
7 years..i am really lucky to have that in my life for sure!!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've seen the Atlantic and the Pacific. They don't look much different when I'm sitting on my beach in Oscoda looking at Lake Huron. I can almost see Canada although it's 200 miles across to the Georgian Bay.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I grew up in Pacifica...not too far from you...then moved to cowtown like most Bay Area people...can't complain... great area for work

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I grew up in Scum Bernardino, CA. Ditched school to go to the beach all of the time. Now I clean carpets. Stay in school kids.
I flew out of LAX one time turned around over the Pacific Ocean, had a layover in Wisconsin, Flew over the great lakes and landed in Newark. So I saw the Pacific, Atlantic and the great lakes in one day.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Seen the Pacific many times while visiting cali, and going to Mikefests. Been up and down the cali coast. Been to Atlantic by way of baltimore, Florida, and been to the Gulf in Pensacola. About an hour drive from Lake Erie.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Brian R said:
Being a native Bay Area kid...I've seen plenty of water.

....I miss home in a bad way and I live here in hell on earth TX.

No Really.

Brian,
Just cut your losses, pack the family and move back.
No kidding, we did.

Don't over think the whole thing, just do it.
You'll be much happier.

Russ Goddard

Grew up in and around Morro Bay, CA. High school was a rock's throw from the beach, used to run on the beach for PE. Couldn't wait to get out of there - miss it now.

John Buxton

Had a 28 footer in Sarasota for 15 years, and a 36 in Stuart. Cruised them to The Bahamas several times, Bimini, Lucaya, West End, Walkers and Grand Cays.

Walkers was my favorite. End of the day with a boat drink in hand, Grouper and lobster on the grill, Jimmy Buffet playin on the stereo...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom