How many of you premium idiots are still running two and a half inch vac hose??

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't even think about it anymore. I got 5 jobs tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to it. two or three is my comfy zone, but this week is just nuts. Going Glamping on the 26th so my schedule is pretty packed before I go. Maybe when I come back I'll be nicer and more balanced.

Name
Swani
I don't even think about it anymore. I got 5 jobs tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to it. two or three is my comfy zone, but this week is just nuts. Going Glamping on the 26th so my schedule is pretty packed before I go. Maybe when I come back I'll be nicer and more balanced.
Did you ever buy a different motorcycle?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Be interesting to see an actual scientific study to see if those configurations make a bit of difference on typical residential hose runs. I’d be a thousand dollars it makes no difference. If anything, it is probably placebo effect.

I would say me running 2 inch hose on the way to my SS 12 makes a much bigger difference than any of that on residential runs.

F

FB7777

Be interesting to see an actual scientific study to see if those configurations make a bit of difference on typical residential hose runs. I’d be a thousand dollars it makes no difference. If anything, it is probably placebo effect.

I would say me running 2 inch hose on the way to my SS 12 makes a much bigger difference than any of that on residential runs.
What would the parameters of the bet be placed upon?

I wouldn’t describe it as a ’placebo effect” a few more CFM or degrees of heat assist in the quality of the finished product

time savings is probably the largest benefit

my Butlers have 50 feet of 2.5 hose on the live reel connected to an additional 50 feet of 2 inch

Reactions: Matt Middleton

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
What would the parameters of the bet be placed upon?

I wouldn’t describe it as a ’placebo effect” a few more CFM or degrees of heat assist in the quality of the finished product

time savings is probably the largest benefit

my Butlers have 50 feet of 2.5 hose on the live reel connected to an additional 50 feet of 2 inch
I’m specifically talking about decreased dry times by running either one of those configurations on 100’ or even 150’ hose runs. A 1.5” wand only uses 180 to 200 CFM at the wand. So if you’re only running a short residential run, I think anything more than 300 CFM gives you nada.

F

FB7777

I’m specifically talking about decreased dry times by running either one of those configurations on 100’ or even 150’ hose runs. A 1.5” wand only uses 180 to 200 CFM at the wand. So if you’re only running a short residential run, I think anything more than 300 CFM gives you nada.
If your business model revolves primarily around 100 foot runs I tend to agree

Certain residential carpet like Berber benefit from higher CFM

and if you dual off your truck to do upholstery and carpet , the additional CFM is a welcome addition

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
If your business model revolves primarily around 100 foot runs I tend to agree

Certain residential carpet like Berber benefit from higher CFM

and if you dual off your truck to do upholstery and carpet , the additional CFM is a welcome addition
Thing is, if your wand can only support a maximum of 200 CFM and you’re short hose run only uses up maybe 100 CFM, then what’s the point?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Be interesting to see an actual scientific study to see if those configurations make a bit of difference on typical residential hose runs.

no one that I'm aware of has counted gallons out/gallons recovered with anything approaching "serious scientific" protocol.

If I recall, there was a backyard BBQ fest test years ago in Tx.
Nothing conclusive no measurable difference as I recall.
But I'm a tad skeptical, as I believe there may have been some bias involved

..L.T.A.

steve_64

no one that I'm aware of has counted gallons out/gallons recovered with anything approaching "serious scientific" protocol.

If I recall, there was a backyard BBQ fest test years ago in Tx.
Nothing conclusive no measurable difference as I recall.
But I'm a tad skeptical, as I believe there may have been some bias involved

..L.T.A.
Operator error.

I believe a guy can better results with less performance through better technique. It may take longer but that might not be a bad thing neither.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Ask your wife

ew-gross.gif

steve_64

say it ain't so....

now the question is, would that same "better technique" operator realize any "practical" benefit with a bigger hole'd hose?

..L.T.A.
When I increased vacuum I moved faster wearing me out faster.
Looking back it's not as beneficial for me health but I made money faster.

Reactions: SamIam

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
there's been a couple blown engines reported over on the Harley site.
Most of the problems reported are computer glitches

..L.T.A.

Reactions: SamIam

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I feel sorry for that poor gay couple.

here's a thread from owners

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Nomad74

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I use to 2 to door but tired of lugging the extra hoses set-up etc. went back to normal.
Ditched my filter as well for extra cfm air intake. Huge difference. All the gunk goes into the dump tank….release the dump valve and out it all goes. Every now and then suck up a bit of enzyme to deodorize the dump tank. Done.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I do not use any 2.5" vac hose - never have!

I use all 2" vac hoses, all the way to the 2 wands (dual wand setup).

I have a 4" ID Stoddard silencer directly connected to the discharge side of the #45 blower that runs straight out the back of the van.

We run 2 wands on almost every job.

There is no HX anywhere in the vacuum hose discharge that could interfere with the vacuum as we use LP for heat. The LP heater is a 280,000 BTU auto-light LP heater with an electronic lighter. The heater is controlled by my patented LP timer that allows the heater to reach heat and keep it there during the entire cleaning job.

The suction is awesome at each wand, and the heat is unreal at each wand! Each wand is a #6 flow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom