How many of you think

Cameron1

That you could go to any other industry or profession and make what you are making now?

How many of you are un- employable......in other words you just could not work for some one else?

Do you help your potential clients see why there is such a wide difference in price from say......................your company versus another?

Do you educate your clients as to why you are better than the next guy?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I could throw another 5-6 grand in school again and go work for the state with awesome benefits making 60-70k a year working with computers.

I don't think I'm totally unemployable, but in this industry I do think I am.

I don't really like to talk about other companies. I would prefer to provide great work service and take pride in my workmanship, and let that do the talking for me. If I've done my best and served them well, and price is still a problem for them, then I don't think they are the right customer for me.

Cameron1

Hey hoody....good answers ,but....have you ever had a client ask you," what is the difference between you and ?????"

Or....what makes you better than????

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Unemployable, I barely like working here, let alone some where else, where they might expect me to do something. :p

Like Hooty I try to stay out of me vs competition and focus on me.

We sell 44-years in business, trained, experienced technicans using some of the best equipment and cleaning solutions available. If they want to bring it back to price, they probably are not our customer any way.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I know that i could never make what i make now working for anyone else. all i know I this!!!
Could i work for someone else? Hell yes and i would be their best employee I just would be making alot less.
I have been asked what makes me different from the other guys and my answer was "I want to make you a customer for life" I always try to over deliver to my customers, I had a small flood today 100.00 dollar twenty minute job, there was a large red stain on the living room that stood out like a sore thumb. I took it out for free and my customers jaw dropped. I do things like that daily, works well for me

I know I could make a lot more money in pest control, but I am in the carpet business.

A lot less overhead and expense involved.

Edit: Besides I don't make jack anyways.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Plus you just might live longer.

I've never worked for anyone except a ski-lodge, in my entire life.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
steve said:
That you could go to any other industry or profession and make what you are making now? In a hot second!
How many of you are un- employable......in other words you just could not work for some one else? not I

Do you help your potential clients see why there is such a wide difference in price from say......................your company versus another?don;t really go there unless prompted, which is rare

Do you educate your clients as to why you are better than the next guy? we let our work do our talking for the most part

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
steve said:
Do you help your potential clients see why there is such a wide difference in price from say......................your company versus another?

If a cleaner says they are the best or better than the rest.

It doesn't mean crap!!!

Cuz, All cleaner say they are the best!!

I prefer to let my clients do the selling and bragging for me.

It has much more impact and relevance to prospective clients, than if I say it.

It doesn't take any of my time or effort if my client do my bragging for me.

And the prospects are pre-sold before the even call me.

This all equals= Great clients that are not price shopper(Most don't even ask about price)

And larger job totals from new clients that then become more salesmen for my company.

Works for me!!

Cameron1

That's just candy and nuts Dave and Ken , but answer the question.

What do you say when the clients ask?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
steve said:
That's just candy and nuts Dave and Ken , but answer the question.

What do you say when the clients ask?

I did answer the question.

I don't have say anything.

They have either already heard or read positive things from my clients (I had about 10 call and tell me this just today.) or I refer them to comments from other clients.

Many find that comments from former clients that had similar problems that I solved is reassuring and they can really relate to it on a common level

Then they eagerly want me to solve their problem and improve their life also.

What I say or an other cleaner says is irrelevant to most prospects from my experience.

Most prospects that have been around the block a few times are smart enough to know that salesmen fudge the truth or at least have a bias.

While former clients can add a golden layer of believability.

Cameron1

Jfc man....I have asked you not to post on my threads. Your filibuster type answers do not further the topic.

Please Dave do not respond to anything I post . You bring out the worse thoughts in me, and I try to respect any and all answers, but you are the exception.

We all know that you are the best! The one who has everything! The one that knows all!
We are humbled in your presences! I long for the day when I can levitate to your level

But until then.....shut the f@@k up!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What freedom of speech ends at this board?

I think not.

I bring what I have found works for me.

If you can't gain from this it's your loss.

No need to stifle the other members of this board by limiting experience from other members.

Let's leave censorship and speech policing to some of the other boards.

Gary T

I could probably do consulting work setting up or tweaking safety compliance programs (OSHA Dept of Labor) for businesses or Municipal workers. But they don't give a sh*t about safety anyway, not until they get fined or some employee dies. Plus I don't like butting heads with the terminally stupid too much either. I'll just stay right where I'm at.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Cameron1

Yes.. You are the man.

I have asked you several times to respect my requests that you leave me alone. If you feel the need to piggy back on my thoughts....feel free to show your ass. Cause that is what you are .....an ass....total ass.

I think most folks on here know you for what you are: a total jerk!

Bjorn

steve I think you can test the waters again

Most thorough gigolo ever or double your money back

jhg29k1290050804.jpg

Cameron1

Dave the know- it- all
Dave the guru
Dave the sob
Dave the boy wonder
Dave the seo champ
Dave the multi truck do as I say...not as I do!
Dave the goggle expert
Dave the ultimate board go to guy
Dave the most sought after guru in the history of our industry.

Man. I'm tired

Dave.....go home please!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Steve,

Are you too blind see the the one that is making this post all about me.

Is

(Drum roll please)

You!!!!

Yes, that's right You, You and You!!!!

Thank you for your non-support.

Now................

Back....

To.......

The..........

Steve show!!!!!!!!!! (Bells , whistles, gasps and forced haphazard scattered applause)............................

Cameron1

Dave Yoakum said:
Steve,

Are you too blind see the the one that is making this post all about me.

Is

(Drum roll please)t

You!!!!

Yes, that's right You, You and You!!!!

That is right Dave . You are starting to get the pointe. Stay away you looser! Ya want me to suck you in on some other threads?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Dave- I think Steve gets frustrated that you do not seem to answer specific questions but rather go off on your own agenda for the topic. Perhaps if you respected his want and either stay off his threads, or answer specific questions you will both get along better.

Steve- specifically when asked I say we have state of the Art equioment, manufacture our own cleaning solutions and the number one benefit is our people~ well compensated, treated fairly and expected to perform first class service.

Ken

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ken,

Retreating from a board bully is failure.

I answered his question directly.

I believe a cleaning company is better off letting their clients do the boasting.

It's my experience. If it doesn't work for him and his company . That is OK for me.

Different strokes for different folks.

There is not one way to do things in this industry.

I'm open to hear what works ( Or doesn't work) from many experiences.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ok Dave, obviously you and Steve have some stuff going on that I don't get.

But if you think you answered his questions I would just suggest you re-read them cause I believe you must have misunderstood them. If you still want to stick with your response as your answer that is obviously your perogative.

F

FB7777

Brokums board persona is a complete fabrication, which is why he finds it difficult to answer a direct question .

A 30 year one POS truck owner op isn't everything they pretend to be.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wellhell.... this had the START of a good thread.... :lol:

steve said:
That you could go to any other industry or profession and make what you are making now?

Unlikely.
I'm too dumb to do anything else

How many of you are un- employable......in other words you just could not work for some one else?

I'm probably unemployable.
hell, if I wasn't the boss , I'd fire me...

When I have too.
But most are referrals , so there's not a whole lot of "selling us" to be done.
But we're not in the "hi-end" price range ..just "normal" prices that average $40 to $60 pr room and 16 to 22 cent sf for empties (depending on the account)

Nah, cause if they're our "clients" they already know why or they wouldn't be using us, right??

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom