How many of you use a INLINE FILTER??

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
This is the only inline filter I use. Over 25 years old. I have 2 of them. Large screen filters out debris and pump out lets me clean all day long. It would be nice to see a new, improved version. Clear plexiglass keeps the customers mesmerized by the dirty water.

View attachment 95615 View attachment 95616
same but different..

Screenshot_20191216-143247_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I hooked up without a filter recently on a small job and the suction was incredible.
does your filter do 4 to the door? If not, then yes, you will see an increase in suction without your filter. Then try a devastator filter with 4 to the door arrangment and you will get more suction than going without a filter.

Reactions: Jim Williams

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
First was a matrix defender from jon -don,circa 88-93 era ? About 150 or so bucks maybe less/Blue half barrel roto molded type unit.Clamps on sides.you had to align it just right grooves should have been deeper and better to sit filter....Also in theory great probably should have made smaller.But it was not a good fit when together.A lot of vac leakage for one.Fixed issue with better made gaskets.but within a week or so it became a knee high holder...2nd was a pool filter not bad changed knee-his per hour,for max vacuum and less messy knee hi removal. I used to brag I bought more knee-his then any woman alive.they were 2 for a quarter in the heap stores ...But even though ,I could have left them in longer ,impeded vacuum and water in lines was issue .Ocd here...They guys new when nothing to do walk lines up and out -shorten vac lines and double check truck time...I miss it so much...Merry Xmas to all that regards and stay safe ...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I have a brand new white liner in my filter, and you can see no pooling, I'm cleaning with 550 psi 8 flow.
This is a filter I am working on right now, we have cnc and I am able to make most of the parts in house. Nothing overly special about the filter except it does its job.
I have been super busy so I haven't had time to focus on it. I have always liked to clear front lid even though they can crack it colder climates.
I have a few guys asking about them and I should be able to get some ready over this next week or two.

20191216_101350.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a brand new white liner in my filter, and you can see no pooling, I'm cleaning with 550 psi 8 flow.
This is a filter I am working on right now, we have cnc and I am able to make most of the parts in house. Nothing overly special about the filter except it does its job.
I have been super busy so I haven't had time to focus on it. I have always liked to clear front lid even though they can crack it colder climates.
I have a few guys asking about them and I should be able to get some ready over this next week or two.

View attachment 95630
I've been testing this version since PHX,
no complaints works as it should but I prefer the OG with the SS lid and no finger pinching clasps....

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
This is the only thing I disagree with you on. You make the best filter in our industry. It should be used only for those tanks with APO’s on them.
Every other setup should be using the paint filter design on the dump side of the tank, not the intake.

I bought 2 of your filters and it took me that long to figure out that the only filter needed should be a basket with normal size holes to allow the lint and sand to go through. The paint filter kills our suction.

I like Jimmy’s suggestion of putting leg stockings on the inside of the tank. They expand and water doesn’t build up, causing the loss in suction.
Dry times are more important that keeping your waste tank clean

I can tell you don’t cut any corners on your designs. And I respect that. Since you have the resources, I feel that a filter box similar to the Everest or the White Magic should be applied. I’m certain you can perfect that into devastator quality.
Matt what you are not understanding is that a lot of us dont want to have climb into the van, open a waste tank, possibly damaging waste tank gaskets, to get a basket that then drips crap all over the place, this is why they are so neglected and very poor airflow as a result.
Now the newer units have the box out by the front of the machine so that is much more convenient....thus better taken care of.
Back when we came out with the Dev, the only thing to help with the above problem was a small pool industry filter that was discovered and brought over to our industry. The problem is it was so small that it sometimes it was multiple trips to clean it out.
I believe Jim Martin came up with the pantyhose idea and that made clean outs much faster and help to keep airflow a little longer too.
So the Dev was really a filter that helped guys work longer, made things more efficient,kept airflow at it's best the longest, and kept waste tanks cleaner, all without having to climb in a hot van to do so.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt what you are not understanding is that a lot of us dont want to have climb into the van, open a waste tank, possibly damaging waste tank gaskets, to get a basket that then drips crap all over the place, this is why they are so neglected and very poor airflow as a result.
Now the newer units have the box out by the front of the machine so that is much more convenient....thus better taken care of.
Back when we came out with the Dev, the only thing to help with the above problem was a small pool industry filter that was discovered and brought over to our industry. The problem is it was so small that it sometimes it was multiple trips to clean it out.
I believe Jim Martin came up with the pantyhose idea and that made clean outs much faster and help to keep airflow a little longer too.
So the Dev was really a filter that helped guys work longer, made things more efficient,kept airflow at it's best the longest, and kept waste tanks cleaner, all without having to climb in a hot van to do so.
That's why I was stressing how much better those boxes next to the machine are. I know you have a killer design up your sleeves and hope to see it. It always bugged me so much during the job when the paint filter was full and water wasn't able to go through. Because I had to go back and dry pass over the previous room because I knew the suction wasn't good while that filter was filling up.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I hope you're taking this as positive criticism and not as negative. I really like your work. I know you take your time and put all your efforts in it.

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
The beauty of our filter is YOU DON'T have to run the white liner, the black HD liner will let a little more debris pass, the white liners are made out of polyester....poly loves grease so it has a tendency to stick or clog, if that is the case you can go without the liner.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I had Tom''s all ss filter that I used for several seasons. Sold it included with my 2008 Butler.
This is what I came up with for my AquaTech waste tanks. Tank sits right byour side doors, so it is super easy to swap out filters mid job. I also run an xl knee high over my in tank filter.
I've noticed a good increase in oomph on the suction with no side wall restrictions.

20180706_094900.jpg 20180706_093833.jpg

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I wash the filters down in the basket and reuse them, sometimes for several or more jobs. All debris is captured and kept in a 5 gallon pail for disposal to landfill. Only a true carpet cleaning afficionado could appreciate what is in those filters!

20180608_160434.jpg 20180901_105009.jpg 20180713_095529.jpg 20180713_095612.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Put a knee-high over your blower filter.....much easier to clean...just pull it off and replace it...it also keeps them in new condition and they last much longer......

20160626_064245.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I can't remember what was available back in 08 when I had my tank built. Our regs here require filtering through 80mesh, really fine! before dumping, so either before the tank or after. Surface area is the key, so I had a filter built with more surface area. My truck is plumbed 3" from inlet to exhaust. No blower filter.

Years ago when the pool filters were the "fad", I had a circular filter built. I think the V's were out by then so I was inspired by their tanks. If I need a pre filter I think I'll dig out the tube filter and tweak it. I was surprised I got no pooling in it. I wanted it to pool to help trap soil. Btw, those are 3" ABS on that filter.

20180413_172312_Filter.jpg 20171113 filter (2).jpg 07-01-26 filter pail.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom