How many of you use a INLINE FILTER??

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
I have a Butler and it's a pain in the ass to get the waste tank filter out to clean it. How many of you use a inline filter and what is you filter of choice. Obviously I know the Devastator is popular but really looking at the new one that HE SHALL NOT BE NAMED came out with. Any help would be great.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
inline filters are great...the help reduce all the crap that goes into your waste tank and tank basket.... as you said.. Toms Devastator is the best one out there...but with any filter...you just have to make sure that it does not choke down your vacuum by either reducing the hose down..or too small and they fill up too quick......

that being said...don't think for one moment that nothing will ever get through and your waste tank basket will never get blocked....you just do not have to worry about it for a longer period of time...

Reactions: Andy and RugWorx

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I wouldn't run without one.
had;
the original pool filter that's been sold for decades by carpet suppliers
The modified pool filter w/full port 2.5" openings
the Mytee
last one was the Dev stainless

the Dev was the best

if the one that "shall not be named" is Joe's, I'd expect it to be a good product
if the other "shall not be named" is rob, I'd go filterless before I bought anything from that sh1tbird

..L.T.A.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
same here, just get the Devastator. I replace the filters and rinse the inside daily. And clean the waste tank out every month.

I tried cleaning the filters to reuse them but at 60 cents each its more efficient to just use new.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I have a Butler and it's a pain in the ass to get the waste tank filter out to clean it. How many of you use a inline filter and what is you filter of choice. Obviously I know the Devastator is popular but really looking at the new one that HE SHALL NOT BE NAMED came out with. Any help would be great.
Hey Joe Couch, are you related to a guy I know--Mike Davenport?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I use to run with pool filters. Also used a viewmaster filter with a pumpout. Everyone in the neighborhood or driving down the street could see the dirty water being extracted.

I quit using filters so I never lose suction from lint obstruction. The Powermatic tank is easy to rinse out (admittedly more often, but I spend no time dealing with cleaning filters) and it’s waste tank design allows for complete drainage.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use knee highs sucked into the vac port and secured with a small bungee cord.

Or a ample supply of grandma's old socks work well too.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You are always going to get pooling, no matter what, we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to avoid it.
I used to have my ports at the bottom.....the problem with that is, when you rinse the crap down to the bottom of the filter, all thst stuff acts like a sponge, the water them drains out of it and ALL OVER the inside of the van.
Don't say oh clean it out every job, the larger filters are meant to work for sometimes several days before disposing of the white liner.
WHY DOES POOLING HAPPEN??
As the filter gets dirty the water just can't pass through fast enough thus causing what we call pooling.
If I really wanted to be a azzhole I would buy the new filter and make a clear front panel and show that it will happen to his.
To end
Rob Allen didnt design a thing he as usual slapped a SMFer sticker on it and somehow talked the poor dude making it to give Rob all the credit.
I think Reliabuilt made a very nice filter, and I am very happy for him, and very happy to share the market with him, the filter market doesn't get very much praise.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You are always going to get pooling, no matter what, we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to avoid it.
I used to have my ports at the bottom.....the problem with that is, when you rinse the crap down to the bottom of the filter, all thst stuff acts like a sponge, the water them drains out of it and ALL OVER the inside of the van.
Don't say oh clean it out every job, the larger filters are meant to work for sometimes several days before disposing of the white liner.
As the filter gets dirty the water just can't pass through fast enough thus causing what we call pooling.
If I really wanted to be a azzhole I would buy the new filter and make a clear front panel and show that it will happen to his.
To end
Rob Allen didnt design a thing he as usual slapped a SMFer sticker on it and somehow talked the poor dude making it to give Rob all the credit.
I think Reliabuilt made a very nice filter, and I am very happy for him, and very happy to share the market with him, the filter market doesn't get very much praise.
This is the only thing I disagree with you on. You make the best filter in our industry. It should be used only for those tanks with APO’s on them.
Every other setup should be using the paint filter design on the dump side of the tank, not the intake.

I bought 2 of your filters and it took me that long to figure out that the only filter needed should be a basket with normal size holes to allow the lint and sand to go through. The paint filter kills our suction.

I like Jimmy’s suggestion of putting leg stockings on the inside of the tank. They expand and water doesn’t build up, causing the loss in suction.
Dry times are more important that keeping your waste tank clean

I can tell you don’t cut any corners on your designs. And I respect that. Since you have the resources, I feel that a filter box similar to the Everest or the White Magic should be applied. I’m certain you can perfect that into devastator quality.

Mikey P

Administrator
We dont use one on our Aerotech because of the convex bottom'd waste tank..

We use a pos mytte filter to drain the waste water when we dont want to rish plugging a line or letting the link mess up a grass lawn, if we drain into a sewer clean out it's bombs away. AT would be wise to make their drain 3" or 4" for that matter for quicker dumping.

On the Everest, which has the second best waste tank in the industry, it's designed with a origami type pattern to it to allow for complete evacuation. We could use the same strategy that we do with the AT but chose to use a Dev filter as the tank is right behind the driver seat and would need more frequent destankofying. With the AT no one would ever know if it's stunk.
When they occasionally dual wand with the Everest they use a separate inline filter for the additional run

The 370 tank does not drain 100% so I use the Dev unless I'm doing a short run upholstery job.

the two screws needing removal for access and the shear girth to the Reliabuilt filter is a deal killer for me.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
For those who don't use a filter, does the filter on your blower inlet clog often or does all the crap just float in the waste tank? I hooked up without a filter recently on a small job and the suction was incredible. I would just be afraid of blower damage.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have a butler and a filter box right by the vac connection and sliding door. Easy access.
Takes about 23 seconds to open and clean, 24 sec if I'm tired. Dedicated outside filter are just one more dirt dripping stuff in an already loaded van. No real need for it.

Also ran my CDS's with out a filter for many years. Worked great.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I do have a idea for a filter box type filter, the problem is getting enough time to get it done, and will it actually be worth doing, like I said the filter isn't what people want to spend their money on.

Mikey P

Administrator
For those who don't use a filter, does the filter on your blower inlet clog often or does all the crap just float in the waste tank? I hooked up without a filter recently on a small job and the suction was incredible. I would just be afraid of blower damage.

yes your blower protection filter will get abused more than usual if you forgo an Inline

Reactions: Jim Williams

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I ran my Titan with just the blower filter and it got a little dirtier, but not enough to make a difference.

Reactions: Jim Williams

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I do have a idea for a filter box type filter, the problem is getting enough time to get it done, and will it actually be worth doing, like I said the filter isn't what people want to spend their money on.
I hope you get that idea going. I paid top dollar for your first SS version. I’m certain that others will pay what you need for that design

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Rob does nothing but sit on the hard-working shoulders of others and take all the credit....the guy has not really had an idea of his on that has not become a complete flop...there will always be the new and the uneducated that will always provide him with what he needs to prey on and continue day after day....in the 17 years that I have been involved with this industry...a lot of things have come a long way...thanks to people like Tom and Erik..( just to name a few )....and on the same side of the coin...the industry has gone down the toilet..thanks to people like Rob and who support him.....

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
To end
Heya Tom, check your pm's and emails..
If you can't find some from me let me know and I'll resend.
cheers

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This is the only inline filter I use. Over 25 years old. I have 2 of them. Large screen filters out debris and pump out lets me clean all day long. It would be nice to see a new, improved version. Clear plexiglass keeps the customers mesmerized by the dirty water.

IMG_20191215_142409.jpg IMG_20191215_142511.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
This is the only inline filter I use. Over 25 years old. I have 2 of them. Large screen filters out debris and pump out lets me clean all day long. It would be nice to see a new, improved version. Clear plexiglass keeps the customers mesmerized by the dirty water.

View attachment 95615 View attachment 95616

there's something seriously wrong with you, other than country of origin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom