How many see OP as a real "Stand Alone " system?

Could you see yourself using only OP machines to run your cleaing business?

• Total voters

Scott Rogers

Maybe if I only did commercial work.

I run into to many trashed jobs that require HWE and many that require both!!

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I could see it if I were commercial only. I currently don't HWE any commercial. The cimex is all I've needed.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
remember some in the industry tell you OP is the only thing you need, usually they have machines to sell and or can't afford a truckmount. If you are going to only have one system a truckmount is the best overall.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Stand Alone Hruby

LMAO. If I wanted to be a hack. The only reason a Padder does not have a TM is because they are not allowed to park their TM's overnight in the trailer park.

Golden Boy

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Re: Stand Alone Hruby

Waldo said:
LMAO. If I wanted to be a hack. The only reason a Padder does not have a TM is because they are not allowed to park their TM's overnight in the trailer park.

Golden Boy

its the only thing that will fit in the back of a geo metro, The other day I saw this guy pulling this tiny tiny trailer behind an old beater saturn, I thought to myself boy that looks real impressive pulling up to the house

John G

Actually Steve 100's who don't have the time YOU have to be here posting do it everyday. LOL

You are a funny guy!

G

I dont think so..

But most OP guys and gals.. dont have big JOHN at the helm either.
John could clean for me anyday..

His passion, experience and know how makes him good at his trade, regardless of method.

The same could be said for a porty cleaner. Most are inferior.. but some can rock a V owners pants. But I understand that Mikey means 'in general'...

but for the most part.. OP is interim.. and has its place.. but only to be used in conjunction with proper... (KEYWORD>>. proper HWE cleanings)...

and not stand alone.

There are exceptions in any case. but they are hundreds and thousands of miles in between..

Just my opinion..

Respectfully to all.

be well!

tcul

NO! You can't be successful in this industry with OP stand alone.

My biz over the last 6 years has been a total optical contusion!

HWE is certainly restorative and OP interim.

I've OP'd and followed up with HWE and the water is dirty.

I've HWE'd and followed up with an OP and the pads were dirty.

That proves it!

Did a military chow-hall with George Wills. He hit it with a Recoil. Waste water looked like crude oil.

I followed behind with OP, and dah pads was black.

So CLEARLY HWE is more restorative.

Anyone who says otherwise is a damn FOO!

TC

P.S. And the alternative scenario, using both methods, would be just plain crazy.

G

OP definitely has it's place, as does bonnet cleaning. I've done HWE with a porty, I've done bonnet cleaning, and HWE with a truckmount. I never just OP'd, but don't see a whole lot of difference between bonnet cleaning and OP. All of the systems "clean". Even bonnet cleaning can clean the dirtiest of carpets "if you use plenty of bonnets and hwe the traffic areas or even the whole damn carpet".

What's the perception to the customer with OP / Bonnet cleaning? Probably not very good. Especially, if the carpet is trashed and you're just dragging in a buffer or OP machine.

When I did bonnet cleaning I got tired of explaining the process to the customers and having to defend the method. I knew it wasn't the "best" method, but in the right hands bonnet cleaning can be impressive as OP can too. With a TM you don't have to defend your method or defend the process...it works and everyone knows it works. Now those that can't afford a TM and use an inferior system...have to defend their method. It's human nature. Then when they can afford a TM they'll see the light.

I sleep alot better at night knowing that each and everyday I use my truckmount, have a buffer with various pads, bonnets, and brushes on board, just incase I need to scrub then extract with the TM or even post pad.

No system will completely remove all the soil. Some actually remove lots of soil, while other methods either hide the majority of it and soak up a little bit of it.

Code:
TCUL said... "So CLEARLY HWE is more restorative."  <---- RIGHT ON!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you asked two different questions, vEEgs.
one in the thread title;

"do i see OP as a stand alone method"

Yes, Opie can be a stand alone method.
No less than encRap, Von Shrader or Host
Actually better than encRap and VS.
never used Host, so can't comment on that

and the other one.

"Could you see yourself using only OP machines to run your cleaing business?"

no

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Although every tool and method has it's place, I generally agree with Shawn. The whole defending your method get's old, you don't have to defend HWE.

And let me tell you, you ain't defended jack until you have had to defend Host!

With todays advancements in HWE, it's just a logical easy way to clean nasty carpet.

Mikey P

Administrator
My one and only problem with John is that he suckers newbies and old fools into thinking they can do it all with Jigglers.

It's pure bullshit.

A REAL Carpet Cleaner needs a Truckmount, A 175, a CRB and maybe a Jiggler, Porty or a Cimex.

It's really that simple.

tcul

"A REAL Carpet Cleaner needs a Truckmount, A 175, a CRB and maybe a Jiggler, Porty or a Cimex.
It's really that simple."

Hogwash!

TC

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Re: Stand Alone Hruby

Waldo said:

Golden Boy

I should post pics of my TM next to my trailer.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was just curious to see what was on the "last/first" page of Mikey's Board posts.

And here I thought bashing OP was a new thing. :roll: :lol:

harryhides

Name
Tony
So IF you lived in Manhatten or downtown San Francisco, Vancouver or other high rise densely populated area, how you you run your CC business ?

There are a lot of costs that a TM based business needs especially in cold parts of the country compared to an OP based business. I just wonder if the TM commands enough extra revenue to make up for all of those costs of
repairs, gas, garage, depreciation and parts etc.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
OP costs are so low it's really incredible compared to my costs when I had TMs. And my customers are just as happy or more so because of the convenience factor.

I'm seriously thinking of doing it across the board...but much of that isn't so much up to me because of the way I run some things.

If you have a TM ...that's great. Use it

If you can do OP for 90% of your customers...you'll save more finances and have that TM paid off quicker....just my opinion but I would make that happen.

You can put the equipment on the same van and have both methods ready.....I know of some that do this already.

Personally...I would ditch the TM and go strictly OP.......the very few jobs you lose or feel like you have to pass on will not effect your overall income.

MOst people want "clean"...Not "process"

But that's just me.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I wanted to kick in 2 cents.

In Wisconsin after tons of salt/ice melt from feet of snow, combined with the mud...added with constant matting down of carpet fibers...

You just can't really clean beat up carpeting that well with a pad. I have the chems, pads, machine, which work fine in some scenarios. Just not all up here.

Both methods together? You're kicking ass.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
"DEFINE CLEAN".....in your wOrlD...MarY...???????????

If it looks clean, smells clean, feels clean, appears clean, customer see's it's clean......It's clean.

How hard is that?

You do know carpet is only 1/4 "deap" right? Ivebeensold

I use a scrubby pad first when needed....I sometimes think I should use it on every job to save on juice and cotton pads.

I separate the carpet fibers to have a look to the backing and by cracky.......No dirt.

Go figure. Iseeru

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
HARPER said:
"DEFINE CLEAN".....in your wOrlD...MarY...???????????

If it looks clean, smells clean, feels clean, appears clean, customer see's it's clean......It's clean.

How hard is that?

You do know carpet is only 1/4 "deap" right? Ivebeensold

I use a scrubby pad first when needed....I sometimes think I should use it on every job to save on juice and cotton pads.

I separate the carpet fibers to have a look to the backing and by cracky.......No dirt.

Go figure. Iseeru

"IN MY ...nEcK-Of-tHe-wOOds.....WE call that a ......"WhoRe'S BaTh".. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Harry is Right.... :!:

SUCH LANGUAGE:::::hard...deep...seperating...smelling looking...feeling ...& crack... :oops:

PottY mOuTh... :mrgreen:

ps..Here is a little marketing TIP ...fer U... :idea:

Get yourself a "Big STIFF shiney HOT wand:....If you are just HiTTinG the 1st...1/4 inch of
your ObJeCtIvE...YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET VERY MANY REFFERALS.... !gotcha!

pss. They already have a CottOn PaD..."If they need one"... !dork!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom