How many SQ/FT per hour can you clean?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How many SQ/FT per hour can you clean?

HWE, commercial carpet, pre -vacuumed moderate soil, nothing to move, wide open spaces, scrub wand?

How much faster if you used a powerhead?

:?:

Name
Lee Stockwell
As much as 1500sf per hour for my boys, I'm a lot slower. A powerhead won't make you faster, but less fatigued after a few hours.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
There is such a range here- it also depends on how the carpet releases soil and if the soil load is mostly confined to a small percentage of the total cleaning area. Anywhere from 800-2000 or more sq ft an hour and I agree with Lee that the power head would really only lighten fatigue not necc make it go faster.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Depending on the layout and furniture moving requirements...

VLM (including vacuuming)
Up to 2200 sq ft per hour, per machine with 17" OPs... But we average about 1250 per machine, per hour. About 750 sq ft per hour, per machine in restaurants including moving tables and chairs.

About 1500 sq ft per hour with a 20" rotary & shampoo brush...

HWE (including vacuuming)
400-800 sq ft per hour on commercial with a TM and a 12" wand depending on the condition... Sorry no rotary jet extraction #s... That's including a quick post bonnet/OP with Snake Oil.And how tired I am... LOL

350-450 sq ft per hour on residential... But we're vacuuming, prescrubbing, moving furniture, gabbing with the customer and spotting and post bonneting in that figure... & managing hoses is a PITA for me... lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I thought 1500ft also Lee, but then I measured a 20x100 here in our shop and asked the guys how long will it take you to clean an area this big. Most said 45-minutes to an hour. :?

So are they under estimating it or am I over estimating that they can accomplish 2000 an hour with a powerhead.

I test cleaned with a powerhead and it cut through it like a hot knife through butter. Carpet looked like new and I was moving pretty fast.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think your guys are right Richard. This is how a large volume cleaning company can charge much less than an owner operator and still make money. Paying crews to work nights weekends etc., a great wage, still being affordable to the business paying for it AND making a profit is a good thing.

Ken

Jeremy said:
Depending on the layout and furniture moving requirements...

Up to 2200 sq ft per hour, per machine with 17" OPs... But we average about 1250 per machine, per hour. About 750 sq ft per hour, per machine in restaurants including moving tables and chairs.

About 1500 sq ft per hour with a 20" rotary & shampoo brush...

400-800 sq ft per hour on commercial with a TM and a 12" wand depending on the condition... And how tired I am... LOL Sorry no rotary jet extraction #s...

350-450 sq ft per hour on resdential... But we're prescrubbing, moving furniture, gabbing and spotting in that figure... & managing hoses is a PITA for me... lol

400-800 is slowwww with a TM and a wand. I would say 1500-2000 easy.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Could you clean is more appropropriate for me. 2,000 was normal when doing huge areas like a Boeing or Weyerhauser job. Less in the worst traffic areas, more in the barely used areas.

Powerhead cuts production to about half that.

I remember when a certain powerhead salesman challenged our most powerhead-negative tech to a race. They'd both start in the middle of a hospital hallway, work away from each other and see who got to their end first. Our tech was outside wrapped up, smoking, while they still had halfway to go. No difference in the finished look except for the pattern in the nap. Tech was not sold.

CDRX

I typically clean only higher end residential but can still crank it out when necessary. At a school I clean in the summer, I do 1200 square feet an hour. Just last Friday I cleaned 3300 square feet of open office space in about 3 hours including prevacuuming all with a 10" wand, I don't think one guy can go much faster and still do a good job.

So I'd say an hourly average would be around 1200' for your scenario. Add in prevacum, ground in soil, grease stains and you can probably cut that in half.

D

dirt smackdown

with vaccuming heavy soil or rug doctor spots aka black residential carpets. Prespraying using zone perfect 1 gallon boosted with citra-solve 2 oz.

about 45 minutes per 1400 sf using wand. and 35 ish using an H.R. skidded rx-20 sometimes less.

how ever when I first upgraded to a tm it took me about two and a half hours.
a porty itself would take about two hours for the same amount of carpet to do the same job.

Restaurants very nasty, using dry slurry. boosted the same way 2600 per hour same rx. maybe more maybe less.. nylon commercial

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Doc Holliday said:
I thought 1500ft also Lee, but then I measured a 20x100 here in our shop and asked the guys how long will it take you to clean an area this big. Most said 45-minutes to an hour. :?

Maybe that is why tech's underquote when they first go into business on their own account. Sure they may do that for the first hour but after that...... thathurts
Like Ken we look at a few factors, work out our estimated productivity rate and then add set-up and repack time plus travel time to cost-out all commercial jobs. For eight hour days our average (for wool, nylon or polyprop) would be closer to 1000 sq for a truckmount 650 for a portable.

roro

DannyD

What powerhead are you people using? I've got one & while it works great, it's not made for anyone over 5'6. My back was always killing me at the end of any decent size job.

Any links would be appreciated.

Thanx

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've done 11000 sqft in 7 hours or so. But that's with two other guys keeping me moving pulling hoses, prespraying...yada yada yada.

The power head always slowed me down in commerical. And I didn't feel like it cleaned as well either.
I cleaned an entire banquet room with one and it felt like it took me forever and it just didn't "feel" clean.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The power head always slowed me down in commerical. And I didn't feel like it cleaned as well either.
I cleaned an entire banquet room with one and it felt like it took me forever and it just didn't "feel" clean.
Come on Brian that thing is making multiple passes in the same time you make one.

Geezz!!! Stick to marketing! :p

P.S. send me an email, I have a marketing PDF for you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
Come on Brian that thing is making multiple passes in the same time you make one.

Geezz!!! Stick to marketing! :p

P.S. send me an email, I have a marketing PDF for you.

That's why I do.
Email sent

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom