How Many Years?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
owner operator 22 years. one other tech for many of them.

With 4 kids 26,24,19 and 7. Same awesome wife. She really runs the biz, I just work. Didn't miss any of the smaller things like first days of school, halloween parades, etc. Keeps me motivated.
The 7 year old is my prospect for a takeover. Blessed here.
Took my 7 yo daughter to Target and she really wanted these accessories. She is putting her dolls to work now. Im teaching her to delegate.
Cutest thing ever when she walks around with a microfiber hanging out of her pocket.
8113DB61-8111-4B89-A4C6-C05831BD96E3.jpeg

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I remember that visit, and getting to know Jim Potter too. I was in my second year living on the road when we met.

You had a Hydramaster, and Jim had a Certified truck mount if I remember right.
Close. Jim had the certified but I was looking for my 1st. TM (reason for the prochem demo).
It wasn't until a year or 2 later when I bought a Hydracat from Aram Khalfan (sp) Hydramaster dealer in Brooklyn NY.

Reactions: Cleanworks

LOV3Y

Name
0_o
28, didnt do carpet from like 16-19
went with my dad to commercial bank cleanings at like 14ish. cleaned about every wainwright bank in boston for years. still remember the one next to a fish market.
i went to your shop when you hosted lisas (first i think?) rug cleaning TTP class. learned a lot.
i distinctly remember you explaining fire retardant in upholstery and how you clean it.

i feel young and old at the same time.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
66 years old and 42 years in one form or another. I started out pounding tack strip and rolling out pad and installs in general. That dried up and I answered an ad for a bait and switcher and left after 6 months and out on my own. I built the company up until I imploded. I opened a detailing business, lost my shirt and decided a grade 7 was just not getting me there. 53 weeks later, high school diploma with a 4.0 grade average. Who knew? I was going to get scholarships and other funding - BUT - I went out and bought a portable and started up again. I did really well , sold my business and now I'm comfortably retired. I have one little machine and a wand if I get horny to push one.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
28, didnt do carpet from like 16-19
went with my dad to commercial bank cleanings at like 14ish. cleaned about every wainwright bank in boston for years. still remember the one next to a fish market.
i went to your shop when you hosted lisas (first i think?) rug cleaning TTP class. learned a lot.
i distinctly remember you explaining fire retardant in upholstery and how you clean it.

i feel young and old at the same time.
Seems like carpet cleaners feel younger as they get older. You can't buy that.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Seems like carpet cleaners feel younger as they get older. You can't buy that.
Well, compared to most of the younger entitled generation, I feel like King Kong at 59.

A 50+ Asian gal pal helped me out a bit, and she was more productive than my 19-year-old Latino nephew! 😱
AND He was California's 3# rank gymnast when he was 6-8 years old. :dejection:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well, compared to most of the younger entitled generation, I feel like King Kong at 59.

A 50+ Asian gal pal helped me out a bit, and she was more productive than my 19-year-old Latino nephew! 😱
AND He was California's 3# rank gymnast when he was 6-8 years old. :dejection:
I been retired longer than some of yous
Been in bidness.....goin on 13 yrs....
Think about that one!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I been retired longer than some of yous
Been in bidness.....goin on 13 yrs....
Think about that one!
Wow! Bob, I didn't know you'd been retired that long.👍 What are you doing to keep from being bored?

I don't think I could handle being retired for that long.
I get restless after just ten days in Thailand and can't wait to get back to the grind.
I love this job.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Geezz, you’re not @Raser Hayes or @Jack Zipper Zerkie age.. :shifty:

not ME!!

I was telling you Bawb does
I KNOW this, because he whines like baby if call during any of those time slots
(and I have to hear about the latest Judge Judy and Phyllis

he's in lust with "perky Phyllis"

1658106212783.png

AND...Rexella Van Impe

1658106594362.png

fo-reel... 🤣

..L.T.A.

• Haha
Reactions: Nate The Great

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
not ME!!

I was telling you Bawb does
I KNOW this, because he whines like baby if call during any of those time slots
(and I have to hear about the latest Judge Judy and Phyllis

he's in lust with "perky Phyllis"

View attachment 116597

AND...Rexella Van Impe

View attachment 116598

fo-reel... 🤣

..L.T.A.

You gotta kno Rexellas wig was moving on the Hedboard......specialty after he died...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
66/45.

Don't love cleaning, but I love figuring things out and solving problems, and this industry and the younger generations have provided an ample supply.

Today I researched sport and cargo net for a project that should save us a lot of money down the line, did an emergency repair on some plumbing that had three generations of amateur repair, handled a 21 year old's crisis with being spoken to harshly by another employee he was irritating... you know, an entertaining day.

I'd have to retire to flipping houses using subcontractors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom