How much do you charge for normal resi carpet cleaning?

How much?

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Track house. Some light furniture moving. Some scrubbing in TAs. Normal job no urine puddles or 300 ft hose runs.

If you charge by the room pick an average SQ price.

Lets see what the board member average is.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
MIne is 55 cents.

Keep in mind, $1US = ~$1.25CDN, for some strange reason. The US economy is in the toilet and I have to pay an extra 25-30 cents/dollar to buy chem/equip from the US.

For y'all south of the 49th, making 40 cents will give you as much profit as my 55.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey, why not cut to the chase and ask for the net gross. Price per sq. ft. means nothing if you work only 2 days a week or that equivalent.

Mike Draper

9 out of 10 jobs is .45-.50 / Average job is 650 to 750 sq. ft. and almost always some stairs. $2.50 ea.

Chads

Supportive Member
How many sq ft is this house and how many rooms a little more descriptive so we can have close to the same idea. I do 70 bucks first room and a hall under 250 sqft, and then 25 each extra room.

Brad_Smith

Ron Werner said:
ODIN said:
what Micky doesn't want is to hear the 99 dollar whole house guys kicking his as in Dollars made day in day out

They kick ass in gross but do a half assed job. They aren't charging enough to take enough time.

By half assed you mean we don't spend 3 hours vac'ing. Isn't it all about making your custy's happy not make your BB penis bigger.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brad_Smith said:
By half assed you mean we don't spend 3 hours vac'ing. Isn't it all about making your custy's happy not make your BB penis bigger.

Isn't it about time we actually DO the work! If it takes 3hrs or 30 min, if you're not WILLING to do it, you're misleading the custy. Unless of course you're telling the custy at the end of the job, "Yes maam, its as clean as we can make it look". Or your slogan is, We make your carpet look like new. It might still have a ton of crap in it, but it will look like new.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brad_Smith":3qyk8poi]By half assed you mean we don't spend 3 hours vac'ing. Isn't it all about making your custy's happy not make your BB penis bigger.

Isn't it about time we actually DO the work! If it takes 3hrs or 30 min, if you're not WILLING to do it, you're misleading the custy. Unless of course you're telling the custy at the end of the job, "Yes maam, its as clean as we can make it look". Or your slogan is, We make your carpet look like new. It might still have a ton of crap in it, but it will look like new.[/quote:3qyk8poi]

I concur

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
.40 per sq foot for everything and everyone..repeat customers done in a 6 month time frame get a 10% discount..
empty move out and move in done m-f get a 20% discount. if done on weekends they get a 10-15% discount depending on how fast they need it done..i.e. call friday for a sat cleaning you nothing discounted most of the time..

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I wonder how many just measure and charged by the "cleaned" square footage and not wall to wall.

Chris A

Name
Chris
davegill said:
.40 per sq foot for everything and everyone..repeat customers done in a 6 month time frame get a 10% discount..
empty move out and move in done m-f get a 20% discount. if done on weekends they get a 10-15% discount depending on how fast they need it done..i.e. call friday for a sat cleaning you nothing discounted most of the time..

Why a discount for weekend work Dave?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Blue Monarch said:
I wonder how many just measure and charged by the "cleaned" square footage and not wall to wall.
I adjust the price to take into account cleaned sf.
ie, t/a in a bedroom, I'll measure the whole room but charge 15, 20, 30, 40 cents/sf depending on how much I'm cleaning.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
c_adkins said:
davegill said:

Why a discount for weekend work Dave?

only for the empty move in or outs...it is usually a 20% discount but i lower it on weekends. we consider saturdays a normal work day, we will always be working on saturdays because there are way too many people that can only be cleaned on sats..i would rather take a week day off if i was going to but will always offer saturdays to my customers..

Ernie G

We measure wall to wall and charge 50 to 65 cents a sq.ft. depending on soil conditions and R&R of furn.- If its light to moderate soil empty its 50cents-with furn. 60-65. If its heavy soil empty its 55-65-with furn. 75cents. Traffic areas in rms. are figured at wall to wall empty prices. It takes just as long most of the time to go around furn.- with liabilty.

Papa

$0.32 per sq/ft wall to wall w/ $125.00 min. The goal is $100.00 per hour w/ a single technician and $150.00 w/ two.

steve r

3rooms n hall $99 if its 6 rooms $198

doesnt include vacuum or stain or odor removal and up to 200 sq per room

doesnt matter if i just do traffic lanes or not because working around stuff slows me down and most customers understand that.i will move a couch and or chair for no extra charge most of the time.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ron I believe your an excellent cleaner and must have found your niche market. My customers would throw me out of their house if I took too long. After 2 hours my customers(most) start to get ancy and want to get on with their day. Most would prefer come in get it done quickly, chat and be gone. I have changed my repeats minds on this but the franchises and larger companies have these people trained to thing 4 rooms and a hall is 45 minutes.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Matt, you must need to train them better. My customers are rarely even home to get anxious about how long it's taking.

One of the most common questions I get is "is it OK if I leave while you clean?".

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I get alot of that but they also want to come home sometime.

My wife is shocked at how people just take off when I come to clean a multimillion dollar home

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I had one job, a touch up for the family, and an estimag today. The first job was a high end home, knows our general pricing, says go ahead and has us take five rugs with us for washing. The estimate was for about 500 sqft cleanable space.. actual was about 650.. I took out the beds to cut the price down... It was littered with spots, stains, and what not, ended up with a quote for protection of just under $300.00.. This lady flips a lid and almost throws me out.. Mikey the line of "How can I adjust this to meet your budget.. sooooo didn't work..

This was a direct result of waaaaaaay too many ultra cheap cleaners, expecielly in our town that do a splash and dash for the 99.00 whole house specials. When a reputable cleaner comes in to do the job right, people flip a lid. Good thing this was only an estimate. Franchise cleaners, and rug doctor rentals have ruined the image of carpet cleaners, and people looking at that price will never appriciate value of a quality service until they have been bent over by the discount cleaners.

Mike Draper

I use the same line everytime. If you are looking for a carpet cleaner to who does cheap work, call ---- carpet cleaning, ( most shity carpet cleaning hack on the planet) then I tel them my little speach, sometimes I get em' sometimes I don't. I know exactly to the dollar how much per hour it takes to be to cover expenses and start making a profit. I won't work just to break even or make 10 an hour.

minuteman

The most important thing about this post is what "U" make an hour... Just Fig it all to that job in HRS. and than break it Down, Fig the HRS first! Than Braek it down for the Client!

It all boils down too... What Are "U" Worth An Hour!

"It's All UP TO "U"!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yup thats all fine and dandy, if I had a chance to even tell her anything.. I may have won the day... but she looked like this:

d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B90HOYXXkFgd]

G

Mike Draper said:
9 out of 10 jobs is .45-.50 / Average job is 650 to 750 sq. ft. and almost always some stairs. $2.50 ea.

This would be impossible to get from anywhere in florida; I do trashed out 1 bedroom apartments for $80(contract price cleaning only). About $300 is average for an Empty 2400 sqft. House. I know people in cali make more money than here; but if someone gave me price of $750 for a 1500 sqft house I would shoot them a great big loogee in the eye!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom