How much for a 2bd apt?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Stanley Steemer charges $153.95

sqft requirement...1 room equals under 300sqft.

Minimum price $99.95

What do you charge?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
How many total rooms, halls, walkin closets etc.?

Our price for 2 br, LR, DR and hall is 112.45, walkin are 5 each.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Usually $99 contract price with the ones I do.
Close ones and $145-165 when I have to drive out of town

Chris A

Name
Chris
probably a hunnert if on contract. Normal price $152

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I did a 2 brm apt around beds and funiture for 90$ it seemed fair since the only carpet in the bedrooms was around furniture and was not that much total maybe 400 sq feet

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
For me it would be $155.00. I may go as low as $120.00 if i know the complex and the units are small. I might tack on an extra $20.00 if it's on the 3rd floor.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Man, I gotta tell you guys. That's some high ass pricing for a 2 bd apt. Maybe the competition is tight around here and that's why we see maybe $120.00 for 2bd apt.
I don't do much of them. I stick with homes if possible.
Property managers won't give up much more than $75.00 for one..and I don't do those.

Time to raise my prices again? Or are all you just full of shit? :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Oh, apartments! Those I don't usually get into. That was a 2bdrm "Condo". Client had just purchased and was just moving in, had to be cleaned with a porty. Charged 65+25 for protectant.

I'm still at 55/sf normal, so you figure 250sf for LR/DR combo, 50 for hall, 100 for Bd1, and 120 for bd2, that's 520 sf. (I've measured bigger ones) equates to $286.

Move Outs? Rarely.
Script goes:
How much for a 2bd apartment?
May I ask, are you moving out?
Yes.
Are you looking for best price?
Yes.
I'm not it. I recommend .... They've got the lowest prices.
Oh, thanks. What makes you more expensive?
(and then I tell them the difference)
I'll remember you when I move into my own place.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
Oh, apartments! Those I don't usually get into. That was a 2bdrm "Condo". Client had just purchased and was just moving in, had to be cleaned with a porty. Charged 65+25 for protectant.

I'm still at 55/sf normal, so you figure 250sf for LR/DR combo, 50 for hall, 100 for Bd1, and 120 for bd2, that's 520 sf. (I've measured bigger ones) equates to $286.

Move Outs? Rarely.
Script goes:
Yes.
Yes.

That's good Ron. I do a similar thing. I always tell them that they might be better off with a lower price cleaner

"But be careful, ask a lot of questions. They may do more damage than good and cost you more money in the end. Not to mention, they may give you one price over the phone and then try to raise the price on you when they get there."

That one has worked for me.
It works because it's true and I think the customer knows it.

I even tell people moving out a similar story.

"Are you trying to get your deposit back?" Yes "Remember, if they do a bad job or cause a problem with the carpet, the owner/prop manager will hold your deposit until it is resolved or maybe even keep it it. If you spend a little more now and have it done right, you may be better off. I will even come back for your prop manager if there is a problem so you don't have to deal with it."

I get move outs to pay my prices with this and everyone is happy.
It's like a big love triangle

Me Tennant
/ /
/ /
/ /
/ /
/ /
/
Landlord

Crappy triangle, but a love triangle none the less.

Edit: Well it was a triangle before I submitted it

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Ron Werner said:

Move Outs? Rarely.
Script goes:
Yes.
Yes.

I’m moving to Canada. Every Canadian I talk to is charging $.50 to 1.00 a square. The only way to make money working for the complexes is be their problem solver and add on to a low base price. That’s patches, color repair, re-stretching, and serious odor issues and if you really want their business cheep installs

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Good comments Brian. I have to remember those. I clean for only a couple PMgrs, they know how much better I am and that I cost that much more. And they've called me in to clean after someone has Rug Dr'd the carpet and it just wasn't good enough. So they end up paying time and money for the first clean, then again a 2nd time for mine.

I don't do a lot of move outs because of my price. I tell them I do "move ins" as I'm cleaning the carpet for the people moving in. I keep the month end open for the "emergency" jobs.
"Hello, could you come today. I hired a cleaner and he didn't show" or
"The tenants were supposed to clean the carpets and didn't. We've got new tenants moving in tomorrow. Can you fit us in?"

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You have to remember that 3/4 of that $300 Ron charges is for that orgasmatic prevacuuming he does so well but wouldn't mean squat to a moveout. The rest is just a standard cleaning.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I don't do many apartments because I just try to get 80 to 90 for them and they tell me I cost too much. We have 10+ cleaners that do apartments for $60 or less.

Do you guys charge more for long hose runs or when it's on the third floor?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Louis

I'm gonna enter your website in the contest...unless you contest it.

Oh, I just kill me.

cbcsi

I charge $75 min on CC but all one and two bedroom apartments generally are done for that. The 1200-1500 SFF condos are 15 Cents /sff TMHWE and an extra dime for teflon if they want to spend it.

I am more expensive at $75.00 for an apartment than most in town. Steamatic was doing them at $55.00 Somehow I picked up several of the complexes they were doing. When they quit "working out so good"

There are guys that charge $50 for 2 bed room apartments but most around here charge $75...I haven't marketed to apartment complexes at all yet and I don't know if I will....Idk how I can charge someone top dollar for cleaning there carpets and then they see my truck at government subsidized housing?
Do you guys use your same biz. name when marketing to high end residential and property management? How can you get Mikey prices if you clean an apartment for 50 or 75 bucks?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sticky said:
There are guys that charge $50 for 2 bed room apartments but most around here charge $75...I haven't marketed to apartment complexes at all yet and I don't know if I will....Idk how I can charge someone top dollar for cleaning there carpets and then they see my truck at government subsidized housing?
Do you guys use your same biz. name when marketing to high end residential and property management? How can you get Mikey prices if you clean an apartment for 50 or 75 bucks?

I hear ya.
I think it's best to just stay away from them.
Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
One time it was suggested that I offer budget cleaning. But for that same reason, how do I clean for 2-3hrs in one place and charge $300, and the next takes me 1hr and I charge say 90. I'd really be feeling like a left a LOT of soil behind.

And as an O/O reputation is a major factor, so I don't want someone walking into a place, looking at the carpet and saying "Who cleaned this??? It looks dirty yet!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom