How much fuel do you use?

Chris A

Name
Chris
The other thread got me thinking about fuel expense. I use about $50 or 12 or so gallons in an average day, with 50-75 miles of driving, and 4-6 jobs, with a one ton chevy/ cds. How about you?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The Genesis 59 comes in at about 2 1/2 - 3 gallons an hour, plus everyone knows what great gas milage the Chevy 6-litre gets around town! (about 12 mpg)

Chris A

Name
Chris
rwcarpet said:
The Genesis 59 comes in at about 2 1/2 - 3 gallons an hour, plus everyone knows what great gas milage the Chevy 6-litre gets around town! (about 12 mpg)

Yeah no kidding. I have the 5.3 in my backup truck and its muuuuch easier on fuel. I think if I do another direct drive it will be a one ton with the 4.8 (5.3 is no longer available in the vans)

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Tend to follow % more. I am just a hair over 3% this past month with the price increase in fuel. I am watching it closer to make sure my prices stay in line. It helps remind me not chase those jobs that are too far away.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Id surrender a testicle to be at 3%. Were more like 7 right now...

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
1.4 gallons an hour on my honda 24 hp and my chevy 6.0 gets about 16 mpg around town with a fresh water tank. But of course I keep the injectors shiny and clean. I have no idea how much propane I use.. not much

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use about $25 -$35 per day running 4-6 jobs on average...

hogjowl

Idiot™
That really sounds more realistic. I wonder sometimes if most cleaners even KNOW what their costs are, or if they just believe the first thing someone else says?

I suspect the poster with higher gas usage claims are counting private travel usage?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Too much so I try not to think about it. It's not gonna change unless I want to start wrestling electric cords and under powered equipment.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't know that I would mind wrestling with the cords so much if there was an EWIT with the performance of a decent blower.

But less performance than a 36 just ain't gonna get it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Marty said:
That really sounds more realistic. I wonder sometimes if most cleaners even KNOW what their costs are, or if they just believe the first thing someone else says?

I suspect the poster with higher gas usage claims are counting private travel usage?

Very seldom do I run errands in my van, but I do serve a big area.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I would guess 50-75 per day per truck. We drive about 60 miles per day and clean for about 4-5 with machine running. And I wouldn't give my left nut... Although it isn't much good nowdays but I would love to be at 3% Heck I would like to be at 8%

Name
Jesse
Our vans do zero personal commuting. Since we use a 1/2 tank per shift we also have to fuel every day upon returning to the shop. Lots of driving at 10mpg and 5-7 hrs cleaning at 2gpm

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm at 12% and now I'm gonna change that to 5%. God willing. Allahu Akbar.

Jerry

Supportive Member
I serve a large area, my percentage last year was just over 10% ouch!

S

sam miller

Gas usage or percentage cost of fuel? I fill up 2 x a week using a 405 in 4.7 litre chevy

22 gal per fil up avg 44 gal a week approx $200 per week gas cost 4 k a week in sales

About 5 percent gas costs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom