how much has this winters monster snow storm cost your compamy?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ive lost about a grand in the past 2 days for either customers who cancelled and said they will call when the roads are clear or rural customers I was scared to service in fear of getting the van stuck. I really hope all this snow and slop creates a bunch of dirty carpet and tile for me in the next couple weeks and make up for the lost revenue

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We closed Thursday, it was snowing 4-inches an hour and we were getting "Thunder Snow". I'd never even heard of it but it was near white out conditions. We ended up with over a foot of snow at home and I think a little over 9-inches in the city.

We had moved all the carpet jobs and an airduct job from Thursday & Friday. One crew is out cleaning this am, one of several jobs we moved.

We didn't lose any of the jobs booked, they all understood but we lost 2-income producing days.

They worked half a day yesterday, clearing sidewalks and entry and exits doors and garage door entries so we would ready for an emergency but no outside work.

The night before in the grocery store:
2013-02-209519-24-2495276_zps7cceb53b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
We moved four out of eight jobs, but got all four re-scheduled for this week. A bit of a hiccup, but not the end of the world. We didn't even get the kind of snow Richard saw, but everyone was freaked out because of the reporting.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We've really lucked out this year on snow, haven't had to cancel any work yet. 2 years ago was bad and we were up to our eyeballs helping restorers, was nice to make winter money but there were a lot of times I wasn't comfortable having the van out in storms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom