How much have the Boards added to the enjoyment..

Mikey P

Administrator
of your career in carpet cleaning?

Marty and I were talking about how boring this business would be without each other here

Besides the lessons learned, what else brings you back here over and over?

For our good friend Ken Snow you can bet it was the camaraderie of like minds. Even though it may appear to some that Ken and his huge business and the average one truck dinner have much in common, we truly did...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If it wasn't for the people in this industry I'd go do something else because it sure aint the money keeping me here.

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Although I have dragged most everyone I know among my friends and family into this weird business over the years it is mostly on the message boards I have found kindred spirits who understand what it is I am actually doing (or trying to do).

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
This is the only board I participate in. The shared experience and expertise and comradery has made this biz a lot easier and even more fun.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
pretty sure I would have walked away from this industry years ago if it was not for the board....

we fight...we argue..and we disagree....but all families do.........but when things settle down and the smoke clears...if one of us is in trouble.....we all step up to the plate to help out.......

over the years I have made many great friends...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Larry, you remind me of that old fishing boat captain on that TV show. The one who died from smoking too much and grumping his way through his pissy life.

Are we related?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_1293.jpg

you guys do look alike....

Phil_Harris_Discovery_zps1f5766c0.jpg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
This is the only board I'm active on. I had poked around a few times before over the last few years but only began to engage last winter, while things were slow for me. I have learned (and been entertained) A LOT!. Here are a few things that I have changed in the last 8 months or so;
-High flow (4, 1.5 jets) 14" Westpak wand with gun handle and green glide.
-2" hose to wand. Im a late comer to this and the questions I had about it seem silly to me now. The suction is dramatically improved. ..thats most important to me and my customers.
-Devastator in line filter.
-Rotovac 360i
-Cimex...now my "go to" for CGD carpet.
-175 machine. Ive only been using it for strip and wax because im a 1 man show who owns a Rotovac.
-Cleanco Compact 47 with high heat in a Ford E250. I wanted a Butler and was pretty close to buying one from our friend Ken Snow, but the timing was off. I will join the chorus in saying how helpful Ken was and how absolutely approachable he was despite his success. I was looking forward to meeting him (and others) at Mikeys Fest this winter.

I have as much solo time on a van as most people on this board. It has its drawbacks though. I had gotten accustomed to doing things a certain way with no one around to correct me or suggest a different way. That's where this board has its highest value to me. With the education ive gotten here, im a better cleaner and we are a better company than last year. Next year I hope to say the same. We have doubled our sales from 2012 and its only September 1st. I fully intend on hiring my first , hopefully full time, employee in the Spring. I think I have to push through 1 more cold Iowa winter alone. I dont do much restoration here yet. I have lots of experience and was IICRC certified years ago but its been a while. That will help smooth out our lack of cleaning in the winter.
Thanks to all the people on here who share their experiences and expertise. You have saved me a ridiculous amount of time and $ and made me laugh a lot along the way. I hope to meet a lot of you this February at MF.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I think you would feel pretty isolated with out it. I enjoy the connection to those in the same battle. I could have never gone at it alone without what I have taken from the boards. 2SFS didn't hurt either.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
1.5 jets are high flow?

I guess I still have a lot to learn. I said high flow because 6 flow is 50% more than the small 4 flow wand I was using. Actually not sure if id want more but I guess ive never tried.

Russ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom