How much have the Boards added to the enjoyment..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I talked to Cleanco last week about bringing my TM back to optimum performance. I mentioned that it took a little while to get to 245°. He said that it takes a while for the blower to heat up which makes sense. He also asked me about the flow from my wand. He said they are designed to run at 3 flow...Thats 2 1.5 jets. Is that what all of these big manufacturers would say? Is that how they get the idea that you can dual wand off them? What flow are you guys using at the wand? I think my Rotovac is only 4.5 (3, 1.5 jets). My new van and wand seem to be cleaning great without soaking the carpet.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I consider you all friends. But I will say I met the person who has been the biggest help to my career on the boards. Fortunately he is a local guy and I can call him at any time for help. Thanks to Adam Hale for all of your help.
I would feel pretty hopeless and lonely in this endeavor without you guys.

And Larry, we really need to go fishing.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Mikey P

Administrator
I talked to Cleanco last week about bringing my TM back to optimum performance. I mentioned that it took a little while to get to 245°. He said that it takes a while for the blower to heat up which makes sense. He also asked me about the flow from my wand. He said they are designed to run at 3 flow...Thats 2 1.5 jets. Is that what all of these big manufacturers would say? Is that how they get the idea that you can dual wand off them? What flow are you guys using at the wand? I think my Rotovac is only 4.5 (3, 1.5 jets). My new van and wand seem to be cleaning great without soaking the carpet.

Most real truck mounts are optimized for 6 flow.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Also 240 at the truck is more like 190 at the wand so if your getting decent heat and cleaning good, I wouldn't worry to much.

Fels and a good citrus spotter will take out the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Learn a little something every day.

Couple conman and pathological liars floating around, nothing you can really do about it though.
99% of the people are great and will share anything.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Most real truck mounts are optimized for 6 flow.

I don't think he knew what he was talking about. My (merely) 6 flow wand is crazy hot while cleaning. It does get to 245° after running for 10-15 minutes. Didn't mean to sidetrack this thread. Thanks guys.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How much have the Boards added to the enjoyment..
I could certainly get more accomplished if it weren't for this board BUT it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. I do a little work, read some posts do a little more work and post some and that's how it goes all day long. :lol:

You guys add to the quality of my life and just as Mike always kids, I'm addicted to the "MB crack"! :winky:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
w/out the forums i'd still be cleaning toilets...or still overwetting carpet with a bain. instead i am hacking it out with vlm. but i do greatly enjoy it and i owe 51% of it to the forums.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'd love to come to Eye-Dee-Ho to fish
But if i have to get a on a plane to go fishing, I'm heading straight to Alaska

..L.T.A.

It would be worth the trip out here. I could take you on a trip to the snake river that will blow your mind.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Considering Larry's hobby, love and large collection, that may be the wrong choice of words.
If you do intend to go through with it, I'd frisk him first :winky:

We have plenty of BLM land to unload on too.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey's board have been real baaaaaaaad for me.
It's like a black hole for my time. I log in and there went another evening.

Will other board participation help me kick the habbit?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Enjoyment? Sorry, not really. However I consider this board to be CCU Stands for carpet cleaning university. What I have learned here and the old ics board is invaluable. I will list some of the contributions to my company.

1. Cimex, I would of never been introduced and taken the plunge to low moisture cleaning

2. Cleaning agents, I would of never had the understanding of the cleaning agents and how they worked

3. Scrubbing carpets. That idea was introduced to me here and now it is probably the single best step in our cleaning process

4. peroxide instead of stain magic probably saved me thousands of dollars

5. Marketing, The free advice on marketing may be this boards most valuable resource. And I don't consider marketing the process of getting a new customer. I consider marketing every aspect of my interaction with a customer, from advertising to selling to the day of cleaning.

6. Website, Fred, you transformed my company, and for the I will always be grateful.

7. Repairs. This board is the single best resource I have for any mechanical related problems that arise.

So enjoyment no, but this board really has had a substantial impact on my company.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
We're trying to keep up Richard but your post says you are a fig newton.I see a new nickname in your future.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Russ' distraction sums up what I think of the board. A place to find out what's actually going on in the industry. If it weren't for the board the only other sources we would have is the trade magazines, our local distributer, and any local friends/aquaintances we might make. Real limited in knowledge there!
This is real time, ask a question, get an answer right away sometimes.
I've learned a lot from being here, hope I've helped others too.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Over the years I have enjoyed the boards. I visit others occasionally but seem to mostly be 95% active here. MB has helped me tremendously over the years and I have learned so much about techniques, "cleaning agents", repairs and general maintenance, marketing, well I could go on and on. During the winter it can be somewhat addicting and I have to "Force" myself to stay off of it or "limit" my stops so I can actually get things done. I definitely wouldn't be where I am today (which isn't saying a lot) if it were not for the members here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom