How much is this worth?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
A customer list with about 400 names form the past few years and a couple of phone numbers that have been turned off for 6 weeks.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
A ONE TIME...fee of 20 to 30%...for any client you can convert.... :idea:

Other than that ..."NOTHING"

However...gaining the possession of the actual phone #....may have some value... LIKE!

Becker

Name
Becker
Not a lot.

How active is the list?

Meaning, how many are over a year or 1.5 old and not hired services?

Phone number might have more value than the list, but the longer it is shut off the less the value.

My guess, 400 names. less than half might be active, that leaves 200. Of that 200 ya might sell 25-50% of them. So really you might harvest 50-100 clients off the list or less.

Of course, all this depends on the other guys pricing and service level.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
They guy was a value pack hack. He says he wants $4500.00 he says thats a great deal cuz it cost him about $35 per customer with value pack KMA! .

I offered $600.00 for the numbers and list plus 20% of any work he sends.
OR, turn the numbers back on and get 20% of any work he sends us.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what I do is make sure that the pricing structure is close to compatible...your odds are much better that way...

then you make a contract with the other company and offer a certain percentage per job for every client he sends to you...after you clean that client one time..then it is yours from that point on.....if it is not a client that he has not cleaned before and he refers them over to you then he just gets what ever referral fee that you put in place.....send him a monthly check........its a win win for both sides....he's making his money.........( just not in a lump sum )...and your at least getting paid for what you are buying...(plus the potential for more referrals).........IMO..this is the safest way to do this without the possibility of getting burned..... contract should last at least a year.....that is plenty of time to go threw a large percentage of his clients.......

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I'm going to let him think about my offer.
He may come around.
He is currently employed as a window washer :lol:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The list is worthless!!!

Unless you do one thing.

Send out the offer in a envelo9pe with a return addres of the former cleaner and have the former cleaner highly reccomend his former clients to use your service.

Then it may have a little value and your conversion would be much better that a cold mailing.

A cold mailing would likely be very unproductive.

A big problem is the list is too small.

To pay upfront it may be worth $200-300 at best.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
For $1200. I am buying 2 phone numbers, customer records and the right to quote him as having made any testimonial statement. I will split the cost with friends becuse he had a wide service area.

Connor

Name
Connor
If the phone is off, get it for free by requesting it from the phone company.

That's how I do it.

Connor

Name
Connor
Ken Snow said:
I think the number can not be reassigned for at least 6 Months Chris, at least that was how it was years ago.

Depends on the phone company. two weeks to three months here.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
KMA! Don't you think I tryed to get the number before offering him any money?

AT&T holds the number for a year.

Connor

Name
Connor
ACE said:
KMA! Don't you think I tryed to get the number before offering him any money?

AT&T holds the number for a year.

I don't know why you're getting such a hard time with it. I have acquired several AT&T phone numbers, the longest it ever took was ninety days. Maybe it's just YOU. eat shit!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
400 customers isnt very many.

First question is the quality of the customers. Do they even fit into your cleaning style and price structure?

My guess is that you would get about 50 of those customers as your own clients. Multiply that by $170 average job (thats my average) and you get $8,500 in work out of it. That is after you pay monthly for the lines and pay for a mailing several times to let them know you now clean for that guy.

Even if you got 25% which would be high imo, that is only 17,000 in work.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Ken Snow said:
Can we keep it civil in this room guys?

NO- STFU :lol:

I don't expect for it to be the golden ticket. I am moving soon and need to add a number anyways. If I get a 5:1 gross ROI in a year and pick up a few long term customers I will be very happy. I'm sure it will be better ROI than Yellow Pages or Groupon.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
All bets are off.
He was not able to make testimonial statement about my company because it will violate his franchise agreement. I told him the customer list was now worthless but I would still give him $800.00 for the phone numbers. There is no way he makes $800.00 washing windows for someone else in two weeks. The thought that was way too low. It’s just as well because he finally disclosed what he grossed last year (10k). He keep saying “My mom told me its worth allot” KMA! What a waste of time. I hope a bird poops in his eye on his window washing gig.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The guy calls back today wanting to sell the numbers for $800.00, but wants to get paid up front before I have working use of the lines.

I told him I was ready to make a deal yesterday but you had to talk to mommy about it and today I have lost interest. :!:

Connor

Name
Connor
ACE said:
He keep saying “My mom told me its worth allot” .

His mom also tells him that he's smart, good looking and wildly successful, too, but there's no accounting for taste.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Connor said:
His mom also tells him that he's smart, good looking and wildly successful, too, but there's no accounting for taste.

kelly.gif

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Mommy also has a scrub and run franchise.

The real issue is that he is emotionally attached to the business. He reminds me of a customer of mine that needs to downsize so she can move. She tried selling off her stuff but got mad when people tried to talk her down on the price of her prized positions, so she gave them all to goodwill. KMA!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom