How much vac do we lose for each hose cuff?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Just wondering...

How much vacuum do you think we lose from each swivel cuff?

Thinking of cutting some of our 50' lengths to 25'. Would having a cuff every 25' kill the vac performance?

I would think being able to take off 25' sections as I go would out weight the vac loss from cuffs. Any ideas?

Thanks!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The loss would depend upon the particular cuff being used. Some have larger internal diameter or smoother bore than another style. Narrowing at the cuff and/or uneven surfaces slows thw air, introduces turbulence and reduces CFM.

You would gain something by taking off hose every 25" but I suspect the gain would be small and not worth the time and effort of stopping the wand moving.

Good idea. If you only need 75', why pull 100? And you might finish the job with just 50'. Makes perfect sense to me. I just ordered 10 sets and plan on doing 25' sections, but leaving the first section 50'.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
You guys ..MIGHT.. want to get off your LAZY asses & take the lid's off you wastetanks "everyday"

I can't imagine how filthy the filters are... :oops: PIGS...sorry mArtY... :mrgreen:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Thank you everyone!

@ Dan- plus if I'm 25' from front door, why use 50' of 2.5" hose. Also, what about when working my way out of the last room and I have 60' of hose making a birds nest by the front door?!

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
My first two sections of hose from the wand are 25' then the rest are 50. It makes it very easy to carry in each 25' at a time and lay them out. Then, depending on the situation, sometimes as I back out, I remove the section closest to the wand rather than drag the hoses out. Everyone has their own style. For me that works great. I dont think I would cut the rest of my hose down though.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the original hose connectors, ie vinyl cuffs with a plastic barbed connector, created a lot of restriction. The fewer the connectors the better.
Greenie had aluminum thin walled barbed connectors which decreased restriction over the plastic ones.

With CoolCuffs and similar connectors, the interior diameter is about the same as the hose so there really isn't any restriction. The greatest factor becomes the length of hose you are using.
If you're running 2.5" hose, again restriction is minimal with the connectors. whether I run 25ft of 2.5" or 50ft makes little difference.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Happily, Pressure drops at about the same rate.

If you have a number 4 size blower or larger, don’t worry about it.

Brett

ACE said:
Happily, Pressure drops at about the same rate.

If you have a number 4 size blower or larger, don’t worry about it.
Or a Recoil. (Saturday morning humour)

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
HARPER said:
You guys ..MIGHT.. want to get off your LAZY asses & take the lid's off you wastetanks "everyday"

I can't imagine how filthy the filters are... :oops: PIGS...sorry mArtY... :mrgreen:

Clean mine a few times a day, when busy. I have been using the "pantihose" filter system on my waste tank filter box. Probably a buck a pair if you buy right. (Rite-Aid has a 2 fer 1 sale every other month on pantihose....8 pair for about 6 bucks.). If you want, you can leave them with the custy when they ask what you got out of the carpet!

Back
Top Bottom